It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sherriff just shot in the head, crickets.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: mtnshredder

No, there isn't. There is no insurrection
a reply to: Gryphon66

You’re delusional and full of it, open your eyes and a dictionary while you’re at it FFS.

Insurrection:A violent uprising of part or all of a national population against the government or other authority; a mutiny; a rebellion.

I guess taking over and barricading city neighborhoods, police dept’s, city halls, etc.......doesn’t count? Just nice peaceful protestors?
WTF? SMH

Nope, I'm not delusional. It's not an insurrection. It's not a serious threat to any level of government.

Educate yourself about what is actually going on first.

And just remember, whatever police state BS you front for now will become the new normal.

Insurrection isn’t just about the gov but also authority in general, which is obviously taking place. You don’t think thugs taking over an entire police precincts is a threat? Yeah, okay, all good here?

An action that deserves the declaration of insurrection under the INSURRECTION ACT is not just throwing bottles at the cops when they push for curfew. Further, nor is it riot behavior after another Black person is executed in the street (I am not justifying rioting but it is and has been expected.)

An insurrection that rises to the level of US Military intervention on American soil against Americans had better damned well be a highly organized and militarized group that is offering a SERIOUS threat to public order.

Turns out, the group in Seattle operating CHAZ, might actually be close to that, but most of these groups of protests around the country are not that.

I still suggest that we should be very certain before we deploy US Forces inside the homeland.

That is something that cannot be undone, and just remember, the next Democratic President could do the same thing for a clear and present danger against the "public good."
edit on 11-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Bloodworth

There was a kangaroo ran over the other day by a drink driver, a bunch of koalas were shot and emus were eaten. Soon democrats will demand chicken and corn soup made in a can.

C'mon, I know you're better than that. I get what you're saying but it's a bit callous.

It's a tragedy that man was killed, however with the cycle of absurdity on ats right now I'd thought I'd get in quick and denounce the democrats for this man being shot and us all having to eat chicken soup out of a can.

A few posts down on this page shamrock says what I'm trying to far more coherently.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

not in this case, obviously

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

There was a kangaroo ran over the other day by a drink driver, a bunch of koalas were shot and emus were eaten. Soon democrats will demand chicken and corn soup made in a can.

C'mon, I know you're better than that. I get what you're saying but it's a bit callous.

It's a tragedy that man was killed, however with the cycle of absurdity on ats right now I'd thought I'd get in quick and denounce the democrats for this man being shot and us all having to eat chicken soup out of a can.

A few posts down on this page shamrock says what I'm trying to far more coherently.

I can't fault you for that. I was perhaps acting emotionally. But a man being removed from his family is devastating. Even if he survived. Thus the reaction for what seemed to me as you equating him to an animal. Despite my hate of police conduct.
edit on 11-6-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

another officer shot today and airvac performed due to terrain. They just broadened the SIP order.

UPDATE:

twitter.com...

twitter.com...
edit on 11-6-2020 by NewzNose because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2020 by NewzNose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

I'm a firm believer that any life taken prematurely is a tragedy, there's going to be a lot more tradegy in the coming weeks and months and will be used as polical fodder, it makes me sick and as a result becomes numbing.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

a reply to: sine.nomine

I'm a firm believer that any life taken prematurely is a tragedy, there's going to be a lot more tradegy in the coming weeks and months and will be used as polical fodder, it makes me sick and as a result becomes numbing.

I fear you're correct, and understand the numbness. It really makes you feel powerless. It's not something a person can solve individually.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I rarely, if ever, agree with Gryphon66, but in this case I do believe this was an isolated incident, not related to racial tensions.

I would also add, it's a violation of the US Constitution to deploy US forces against the American people. Now, it's true, the President can federalize NG troops, but I doubt he will do it in Seattle. Bush did it under hurricane Katrina, but those circumstances were a bit different (not going into that here).

In any case, the use of NG troops is up to the Governor of the State of Washington...and no one else!

What is happening in Seattle is not a national / federal issue. Just let the state decide how to deal with the situation.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I rarely, if ever, agree with Gryphon66, but in this case I do believe this was an isolated incident, not related to racial tensions.

I would also add, it's a violation of the US Constitution to deploy US forces against the American people. Now, it's true, the President can federalize NG troops, but I doubt he will do it in Seattle. Bush did it under hurricane Katrina, but those circumstances were a bit different (not going into that here).

In any case, the use of NG troops is up to the Governor of the State of Washington...and no one else!

What is happening in Seattle is not a national / federal issue. Just let the state decide how to deal with the situation.

In a similar vein, I rarely disagree with you, however, the Insurrection Act was amended in the late 19 Century to explicitly allow the Federal Govt to deploy troops (not just NG) under certain circumstances.

10 U.S. Code § 253 - Interference with State and Federal law

The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both, or by any other means, shall take such measures as he considers necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy, if it—

(1)so hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or

(2)opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.
In any situation covered by clause (1), the State shall be considered to have denied the equal protection of the laws secured by the Constitution.

edit on 12/6/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

No argument there, but that is an example of the president federalizing NG troops which, as I noted, I doubt he will do in this case.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

I assure you we, the family members of both officers involved, didnt smile at 4am when we got the call, nor did any of us give a squat it didn't hit the major fake news sites.

Well, if it was a non white person shot by a white suspect it would be nationwide. Maybe even worldwide news. We have such double standards now. No longer about Perp A did such and such. Not Black/White/Hispanic/Asian guy and we treat each one different. Either we are Justice for all or we are going to Civil war. Justice for all does include all people by definition. NO one is separated like the NAZI's, Trotskyites or now the CCP do people. The game is on the table all the cards are up. Time to cut bait.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
A deputy sheriff in California was ambushed last night and shot in the head. Looks like he will survive.

Haven't heard anything on any news outlets?

www.google.com...

Feels like they are going full steam with their one sided position.
Movies are being pulled, cop shows, cop toys.

If things continue this way. Democrats will be crying for police.

I've heard about this story on every major news outlet I follow.. including ABC Nightly News.. if you have not seen it, you are not looking.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Assets of the US are to be protected. Now granted if the people say the city is theirs, and the Governor gives it to them, that is on the Governor. The citizens of WA state get to decide. Federal property are off limits unless they declare Secession from the USA and that would be an open declaration of War by the Rebels. These Rebels want a minimal war since they are a bunch of Soy boys being propped up by Marxists from outside and within the US. Let us hope blood is not required here by those idiots working unwittingly for the demise of freedom for all.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

No argument there, but that is an example of the president federalizing NG troops which, as I noted, I doubt he will do in this case.

I hope he doesn't do it... but at some point, if the State continues to allow some citizens to break the law at the expense of other citizens rights, what option does he have?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

A deputy sheriff in California was ambushed last night and shot in the head. Looks like he will survive.

Haven't heard anything on any news outlets?

www.google.com...

Feels like they are going full steam with their one sided position.
Movies are being pulled, cop shows, cop toys.

If things continue this way. Democrats will be crying for police.

I've heard about this story on every major news outlet I follow.. including ABC Nightly News.. if you have not seen it, you are not looking.

I hadn't heard it until now but I don't care to turn on many news outlets that always find a way to lie to me. Why trust a word from their mouths now?

I read my information and it takes out the Speakers emotion and attempt to make be adequately afraid to their liking.

Cynical as I am, you will learn I have been right to seek data by reading it and taking in various expert opinions who are interviewed to determine where the truth is and who is lying. The reason for this will become more obvious if you haven't given this a good chance and finally do.

edit on 12-6-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Either we are Justice for all or we are going to Civil war. Justice for all does include all people by definition. ... The game is on the table all the cards are up. Time to cut bait.

I think we both hope saner heads prevail. Things seem to be cooling off. Might get away with just counting costs (again).

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hey, a leftist only caring about specific people and disgregarding the rights of others they don’t agree with ideologically. I don’t want it to be so, but it’s just typical of fools.

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

But you didn’t denounce the Democrats... looked to me like you trivialized the murder of a Sheriff.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Says “haven’t heard anything on the news outlets” and then links to a news piece about it? C’mon man, try harder.

I’m on the opposite side of the country and read about it before checking ats.

Didint see it on aol, drudge or on television.

When a cop was ambushed and potentially executed it use to be bigger news.

It really didn’t. Not any more than it is now.

But don’t worry, just because a couple of sites you look at don’t have it doesn’t mean nobody else does. CNN. LA times. NBC News. ABC News. USA Today. New York post. Multiple local affiliates. All have articles 11-13 hours old about it.

Just because you missed it doesn’t mean nobody is paying attention to it.

And in my personal life I bring it up in conversation and everyone says they didn't hear it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join