It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Crushed By Falling Statue In Virginia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
You will not take me with out a fight! LOL

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

I borrowed your AV for my signature on a different site .

Everybody hated it .

Thanks 😂

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: SolAquarius

title on youtube says Portsmouth

Ok I use to live in Richmond VA they got a lot of statues since it was the capitol of the confederacy.

Looks like Portsmouth is more near Norfolk and the Chesapeake Bay area .

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
www.wtkr.com...
Police said during the demonstration, people placed bags over the statues that are part of the monument and chalked an outline of a body on the ground with the words, "I can’t breathe." The bags had been removed.

This was some ironic foreshadowing.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

THAT STATUE SHOULD BE TRIED AND HUNG FOR A HATE CRIME..!!

edit on 11-6-2020 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Destroying history reminders, will make us forget our mistakes and later on redo our mistakes.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
MSNBC headline Right-wing bigoted Military leader cracks skull of a peaceful protester

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Update:

Sad news... I heard the guy died.

Plans are in place to put up a statue of him for his valiant sacrifice.

I just hope, that in a few years time, that statue will pay it forward and crush another jackasses head as it's being pulled down by someone with the mental intellect of a 2nd grader while blithering idiots scream in joy at their "revolution".

It's all about paying it forward.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
See the irony to the word vandals in this context?

History teaches us the Vandals, a Germanic people, flooded down into Rome during its decline and vandalized the ancient city over and over.

Now the current world power is being vandalized by its own radical citizens, during its decline and before its eminent destruction.

These vandals seem to be a lot whimpier than the fierce Germanic tribes though.
edit on 11-6-2020 by HiddenI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I bet the guy who wielded the sledgehammer sending it down onto him doesn't face any charges....even though there's an obvious crowd below him and in the path.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
How little awareness does one have to have to stand beneath a stone statue being vandalized and about to topple? Anyone with any common sense would not be anywhere near underneath that. And anyone with any common sense would not be toppling it over into a crowd of people standing beneath it like that.

These kids, and it looks like they are children, are extremely immature, and inexperienced. How are they allowed to be so reckless? Where are the parents, and grown-ups to reign them in.

I've noticed a trend over the past couple decades in TV shows, in movies, and elsewhere that teaches that children are know-it-alls and adults are incompetent. You always see the children rebelling and teaching the stupid adults the lessons.

But guess what? When something like this happens what is the defense? They are just children. They don't know better.

The world wants the children that don't know any better to run things.

And now the world will get to reap the consequences.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
This event could be made into a reason for prohibiting protesters to tear statues down . It’s unsafe and and puts the public at risk .

The cops wouldn’t have to do it either .( though they could ) In most states a code enforcement officer could order the Taliban like tactics halted .

I seriously doubt any mayor would counterman that order because of how they would look if somebody actually got hurt or killed .

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   
guess he wanted to get "stoned" at the protest and went about it the wrong way

Im here all weekend, dont forget to tip your waitress .

scrounger

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Ok, I blame his parents. Yes, Mom and Dad or whoever you have raised this person to disregard civilized behavior and now he has paid with his life.

I am still looking at everything since march surreally and still in WTF mode.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   
That boy who was killed by the statue had obviously never been around any falling object of any kind whatsoever. Not once in his life.
Nor had he seen any video of a falling object or an object being toppled.
He must never have played a single sport, worked a single minute of manual labor or even accidentally dropped something.

A statue is being toppled to the ground immediately above your head. It weighs many times your weight and you’re even aware that it’s happening.

Do you move or mindlessly gaze about?

Such an apt example of the masses in those crowds

edit on 11 6 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: scrounger

scrounger

I may be a little too old school for you, but I consider making the death of another human the butt of a joke in poor taste. No matter how reckless or stupid. It was a life that was lost. Even if it was the worst person in the world. There should be no rejoicing or joking about it. That is just wrong.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink

Ok, I blame his parents. Yes, Mom and Dad or whoever you have raised this person to disregard civilized behavior and now he has paid with his life.

Well thats novel ....... blaming his parents?

When its obviously racism!!

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HiddenI

While the reckless behavior of these thugs angers me to my core, I thank you for reminding me of what matters. Life before Death.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: HiddenI

originally posted by: scrounger

scrounger

I may be a little too old school for you, but I consider making the death of another human the butt of a joke in poor taste. No matter how reckless or stupid. It was a life that was lost. Even if it was the worst person in the world. There should be no rejoicing or joking about it. That is just wrong.

with respect by this persons ACTIONS and their DELIBERATE CHOICES that doing an act that was CLEARLY CRIMINAL AND STUPID... the result of their actions and jokes to that effect is SOLELY ON THEM.

If this were a true tragedy or non preventable accident I (and others here) would agree with you and not making jokes.

but this person by their own deliberate actions not only caused their death, but the scorn and ridicule they are receiving.

it isnt wrong but (though dark humor) stating the obvious.

if you dont agree thats ok

but shame does not play a factor here EXCEPT if even one person (probably that lives for the social media attention) sees how their actions are viewed and responded to MIGHT, JUST MIGHT take this to heart and NOT DO WHATEVER DELIBERATE STUPID ACTION they are contemplating

if not.. prepare for more dark humor mocking their chosen stupidity

scrounger

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: tinktinktink

Well thats novel ....... blaming his parents?

When its obviously racism!!

first IF the parents teaching did lead to this then YES blame the parents..

if (again big if) they did raise their kid right then they deserve sympathy, but not the idiot doing CRIMINAL DESTRUCTION that caused his own death.

as for "its obviously racism" I will (instead of blind comment) ask you are you being sarcastic or genuine...

If your first comment was also sarcasm I will apologize for miss reading your comment.

scrounger

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join