It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Russian Scientists Build Prototype of "Everlasting" Engine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The Kosmicheskiye Sistemy Research Institute has begun to develop an everlasting power plant that could be used in space and on earth. For several years there has been work on a propulsion unit that has no reactive. They have already claimed to have recorded a thrust of 28g in the prototype. If this was applied to a 100 kg satellite for 20 minutes, it could be raised into orbit by over 2 km.

4kevin.com
"The prototype is propelled by the movement inside it of a liquid or solid body along a given trajectory similar to that of a tornado," Menshikov explained. "It is possible that what we can observe in the resulting movement is the unknown interaction between that body and fields, such as for example a gravitational field, the nature of which has been little-studied."

This motor could be used not just for controlling and adjusting the orbit of satellites and space stations, according to the developers. "It is an environmentally clean source of propulsion and in the future could be used for air and surface transport," Menshikov said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The developers of this claim the propulsion unit of this type could work for at least fifteen years with a maximum of about 300,000 start-ups, and powered by solar batteries. This could be a huge leap for the space industry, saving millions on their currents propulsion units. I hope the prototype works and it can be put into action as soon as possible.

Related News Links:
4kevin.com
www.rednova.com

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is VERY interesting.

This technology promises clean energy on earth, without the dangers of nuclear reactors. Please, please keep this thread updated.

...I was relieved to find that the original source is the BBC. One of the most exciting things I've heard about in a long time.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

"It is possible that what we can observe in the resulting movement is the unknown interaction between that body and fields, such as for example a gravitational field, the nature of which has been little-studied."

The real marvel of this invention is that even the scientists who invented the damn thing don't know how it works.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Wow very interesting, they could be using the earths magnetic field/gravity field to propel the liquid inside the chamber. Well done Russia! I hope this experiment can be replicated.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by rufi0o]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Yes by ALL means please keep this thread updated. Its kind of funny to know that a scientist does not know how something works. If this is held to be true, this will have a far reaching impact on the future of propulsion systems for the near future. It also shows promise if it does pan out to help allievate our dependency on Hyrocarbon based fuels. Maybe this will put us in the catbirds seat by being able to tell O.P.E.C. to take a hike.
But it may just have the opposite effect on the "Big Oil and The Big Three" if they decide to stall its efforts as far as bringing it online as a repalcement for the internal combustion engine. Let'sall keep our digits crossed.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by FLYIN HIGH]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This is a new engine type for producing motion, it's not a new form of energy production and certainly won't replace petroleum or nuclear power plants!

It is interesting, however. It sounds like its primary use will be in space.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I CAN SEE IT IN MY HEAD HOW IT WORKS, ITS REAL

Check out my post below from a few weeks back, IT IS SO CLOSE TO BE RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC. WE ARE ON THE VERY EDGE OF NEW TECHNOLOGY.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Requirements to form a Tornado

Anyone know exactly what is required for a Tornado to form ?

I was presented with an interesting theory about "free energy" and that it must be formed during a constructive or "implosion" cycle and according to what I was told that is exactly how tornado's form. They told me that if you can master the dynamics of how a tornado works you will have unlocked the key to "free energy". The resulting energy? that is created should therefore be "colder" then the initial energy input.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Not so fast,

We have been close to disclosure the past ten years, I bet this vortex tornado device turns out to be a dust devil when it comes to perputual motion, in fact the article states they want to drive it with solarpanels, I do think though that it has interesting potential for gyroscopes and orbital adjustments.

I like the fact that it doesnt spent propellent, so that solar energy can renew it.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Basically take a circle tube type medium (think of like a inner tube to a bicycle) now rotate it in a counter clock wise rotation while at the same time rotating the outer tube "rubber" in a clock wise rotation so that the inner ring side of the tube material turns into the center. You can observer this type of motion by taking a rubber band or string that is tied into a loop and twisting the rubber band between your thumb and finger on both hands, the inner sides all around turn into the center this action is kind of like the friction pitching machines for tennis balls baseballs etc, but think of the same in the a 360 degrees, now rotate the entire assembly in a counter clockwise direction. If the inner portion of the tube is filled with a (magnetic, ionizied ??? media) this rotational and (swirling ???) motion will create a strange tornado like (energy field???? Ionic wave, Ion Drive ???).. But the force vector is actually the opposite of what you would think it to be. Just like a tornado "lifts" things into the air, to use this as a means of propulsion would mean that the tornado is in the front (like an inlet to a jet engine) and the "thrust is actually being generated at the top or "wide mouth" of the tornado. The "engine" is actually pulling the device through thin air, instead of pushing it, since it is creating essentially a vaccum of (gravitational, ionic ?? magnetic ???) energy in front of it, thus making the device appear or actually defiy the rules of gravition as the "tornado" like effect is drawing the "energy" from "gravity" itself....

I can see it in my head, I just don't know what the media is inside the tube..

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
very cool but my only question is how much to cost to run and mantian?

other than that sounds sick

[edit on 14-3-2005 by takemeout]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

..."It is an environmentally clean source of propulsion and in the future could be used for air and surface transport," Menshikov said.

Uh......sorry pal! As long as there's fuel that someone can make a buck on, these forms of propulsion will never be a reality.

Yours truly,

Dick Cheney

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Yours truly,

Dick Cheney

Haha, nice! Funniest thing I read all day.

[edit on 2005/3/14 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
An everlasting engine with a lifespan of 15 years. There is absolutely nothing in the article to indicate that this is anything more than hype or wishful thinking. This has to be the most nonsensical article used for an ATSNN story yet.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
its not a perpetual engine, you need some sort of energy input to get the mechanism running, whether stored battery power, a chemical reaction, a combustion motor whatever. But the idea is that once it is running it builds up a "force" of some kind that then produces more net affect then the original input energy, like over unity. But since we are not talking a net positive electrical output greater then the input it does not defy the laws of thermal dynamics/ over unity. We are taking an input "energy" to start a process that has output "energy" we have no classification for currently.

So you have the solar panels that grab Ion's converting it into an electrical impulse that must drive something to start the process but once the process starts it takes over and starts generating "power" of some unknown "force" until an interrupt is introduced into the system, maybe an internal gate that interrupt the flow of the medium thus halting the "tornado" effect and shutting down the "output".

Left unattended the unit would continue to accelerate until some unknown X variable. Probably tied to the internal capacity of the media to "centrifuge" within the ring.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This has to be the most nonsensical article used for an ATSNN story yet.

That's a bit harsh, Grady. it was voted for an upgrade, which shows that ATS members deemed it appropriate for ATSNN. I thought that's what the system was designed to reflect. Not everything has to be about war and politics. Only problem I see with the story is that it should have been in Sci/Tech, otherwise an interesting article. It could also spark discussion about alternative fuels/propulsion systems and the buying up of those patents by oil companies.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is great news...
but unfortunatly, may not happen. Russians are prone to advertise inventions success before they are tested. They are also prone to exageration... this is not wrong, it is just the russian scientific method...

I have been hopeful for previous Russian inventions that were "right around the corner" and haven't happened yet.

I will keep up hope though...

clean safe energy would solve most of this worlds problems.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
My point is that there is insufficient information in the article from which draw any conclusion, whatsoever, regardless of how many people voted for it. Vague language and hypothetical questions don't really provide a lot of materal for discussion, beyond more wishful thinking.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Indeed, its like those all those past articles "Osama Bin Laden Captured", people start shooting their mouthes before any confirmations come in.

Its quite possible the Russians have found a nice application for the plain vanilla Coriolis effect or something, but lets wait for it to get it peer reviewed and or show up in devices and meanwhile it certainly does not provide solid foundations to build a house of Zero Point energy cards on top of it.

Interesting news though , I sit this one out on the fence...

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Robert,
First off, extraordinary! Second, your post was extremely well stated, and i gave me an extremely clear understanding of your concept. Even in my 3-hour sleep-deprived haze, I am capable of visualizing this, thank you! I can see why they would make a big deal out of it.

Thanks,
P

Originally posted by robertfenix
Basically take a circle tube type medium (think of like a inner tube to a bicycle) now rotate it in a counter clock wise rotation while at the same time rotating the outer tube "rubber" in a clock wise rotation so that the inner ring side of the tube material turns into the center. You can observer this type of motion by taking a rubber band or string that is tied into a loop and twisting the rubber band between your thumb and finger on both hands, the inner sides all around turn into the center this action is kind of like the friction pitching machines for tennis balls baseballs etc, but think of the same in the a 360 degrees, now rotate the entire assembly in a counter clockwise direction. If the inner portion of the tube is filled with a (magnetic, ionizied ??? media) this rotational and (swirling ???) motion will create a strange tornado like (energy field???? Ionic wave, Ion Drive ???).. But the force vector is actually the opposite of what you would think it to be. Just like a tornado "lifts" things into the air, to use this as a means of propulsion would mean that the tornado is in the front (like an inlet to a jet engine) and the "thrust is actually being generated at the top or "wide mouth" of the tornado. The "engine" is actually pulling the device through thin air, instead of pushing it, since it is creating essentially a vaccum of (gravitational, ionic ?? magnetic ???) energy in front of it, thus making the device appear or actually defiy the rules of gravition as the "tornado" like effect is drawing the "energy" from "gravity" itself....

I can see it in my head, I just don't know what the media is inside the tube..

ExD

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I tried to find some information on russian sites, but found nothing, so I don't think that this information credible, maybe just journalist fake.
BTW Kosmicheskiye Sistemy Research Institute(Scientific Reseach Institute of Space Systems) certainly exists as a part of Khrunichev Space Center
Khrunichev Space Center

top topics

<<   2 >>

join