It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Capital is racist. We must do better.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Washington. George Washington. he owned slaves. Hell, a few of our founders did. These were the men who secured our nation. And they were racist slavers. How can we memorialize them, but single out southern civil war generals, just because they lost a war? Know who the real loosers were? the slaves.

Washington DC. Racist. Remove the name.
Washington monument? remove it. By force preferably. (consistency and all)
Jefferson Memorial? Same thing. Remove it.
Think of how many towns and counties we have named after some slaver? The other day, we got around to being frightened by Military base names. I think that we should take a measured approach to this, and list alternative names for all the places that have scary names that offend some.

For those tho would call this hyperbole, I invite you to spend a little time looking around. You may find that this is your new tomorrow.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It is what they want.

The race movement is a communist one wrapped up in racial grievance rather than workers revolt.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The Constitution was written by. . . you guessed it.

A bunch of white guys.

Do we really need that any more?

C'mon!

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

that is where this is going. WWGFD?
edit on 10-6-2020 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
George Washington was a product of his time.

Just like one day when dogs and cats have their freedom will you be one who once owned one?

edit on 10-6-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I keep hoping someone from the opposition would come along and admit that perhaps things are moving a bit towards the lunatic side, but they don't. Does that signify acceptance? Or is it just fear of being ridiculed by their peers?

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

But General Lee wasn't?

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Theres racists slave owners on most money

The solution is to give it to me I know what to do with it

edit on 10-6-2020 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Our Capital is racist. We must do better.

I am in favor of renaming it to Capitol Snip hole.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The slaves were not by any means losers. They were well fed and taken care of in a majority of cases.

Learn to read history. You momos want to delete the past and instead of having a pure bloodline you want Correct Think. Good thing smart people have guns to defend against idiots that claim such bs.
edit on fWednesdayAmerica/Chicago5710699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

But General Lee wasn't?

He was just like views of today.
Just like you, your the product of your time.
edit on 10-6-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Congress is racist!

Remove them all!

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I hope that everyone that is in fear, or believes that our country is already lost, that they do just that. I pray that people stop eating what they are being fed, without looking at the ingredients. Not saying that there won't be those lining up to get their fecal burgers, but the majority will pass, when they find out their burger is made from poop.

The number of people that live in communities where there is rioting and turmoil, is far less than is being imaged. I am willing to bet that less than 1% of those numbers shown, even live in the areas they are protesting in. I saw in the paper just today where two teens where arrested for destruction of property during a supposed protest. They printed in the article the area where the teens live, yet nowhere in the article did they mention that the teens lived miles away in a very upscale neighborhood.

I pray that people walk away from the internet for a while. Go out into your own neighborhoods. Engage with your neighbors. Adhere to the ancient rules on restraining from allowing politics or religion to interfere in civil conversation. Maybe if we take off the blinders or turn around in our caves, we may see that the world isn't exactly the way they have made us believe.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The speaker is.

Dungeons and can't even get their names right.

She needs to lay off the Smirnof

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
These people will not stop, there is no end to what they will label racist and call for its destruction.

The only solution is to move them all to the only land mass on the planet without any potential history of racism:

Antartica

Today I’d like to officially announce my new program, it’s called- “The ship all leftist sjw antifa d-bags to Antartica program”

They will finally have ample room to create the utopia they all think were holding them back from.

Good luck, bring a coat.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It's ok.
George was British...

He was born decades before this country was founded...

Lol...

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

single out southern civil war generals

Not so simple. What do the statues stand for? When were they erected and for what reason?

Was X confederate statue erected as an insult to black civil rights?

The confederate fought in favor of slavery. That's something they stoud for. Thomas Jefferson isn't really a symbol of slavery.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I have my eyes on some artifacts from the Smithsonian Museums.. Would like to add them to my collection, so therefore i declare them racist and we should start looting.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

So you say.

Give him time, and they'll make him one. He's already "problematic" because of his slave mistress.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Washington D.C. (District of Columbia)

Slave owner and Columbus combined !!!!

New Name: "Watchington District of Censorship"

🎱😃🎱

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join