It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HBO Caves Temporarily Blacklists "Gone With The Wind" What's Next?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: neo96

It started with Star Wars. Who actually has copies before they were "improved"?

I don't.

Can't wait til they blacklist John Wick.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I actually do.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well thank God Luke using his white privilege beating up the black guy is preserved for posterity.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: odzeandennz

Well then WTF is this then?

Still confused and now also scared

LOL that's the dreaded whiteface.. Remember when Chapelle did the skit on the blind blank man that was a leader in the KKK? It was hilarious, but even a little offensive to my lilly white ass. I felt a little dirty for finding it so funny. That show was so good.

See what you don't understand is that to the left it is ok to do whiteface or anything offensive to white people.

I was listening to NPR a few days ago and they had on a pair of woke black proffessorish types talking about the hell of living in a white society. Anyway one of them goes on to do his impression of white folks talking and they laughed, but god forbid if we did an impression of black folk talking. We would be banned from society as equivalents to Hitler.

I love how they tell us the evils of racism and then in the very discussion behave racist. What hypocrisy!

edit on 10-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I don't judge books by the color of the author, I try to judge books by the content of their writing.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be easier to "cancel" Hollywood entirely to ensure that no more films get made that may be considered offensive by future generations?

Erasing the past seems a bit short sighted.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
Wouldn't it be easier to "cancel" Hollywood entirely to ensure that no more films get made that may be considered offensive by future generations?

Good idea. Let's take it a step farther and ban the Democrat Party, because nothing is more racist than that.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

They don't want to erase history.

They want to rewrite history.

Just look at how much definitions have changed in the past few years.

They're rewriting, editing history and changing the way we speak.

And if you can change the way people speak, you can change the way people think.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Just look at who owns Hollywood.
They were caught on audio planning all this crap.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: shawmanfromny

What a joke. You can’t just simply erase our history.

It happened. Deal with it people.

Well when they erase it all, you will have people saying that there never was slavery or racism. If there is no evidence, did it really happen?

Then what are they going to do?

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Frankly my dear. I don't give a.....

Haha nah. I can't.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BastogneFoxHole

Loot,riot,burn,murder until you agree.

That's what they'll do.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

This is easily explained:

The character was written as satire to poke fun and point out how ridiculous it is when actors go so deep that they believe they have become the person they are playing. Ben Stiller has said time and time again he did write the character or the portrayal of the character as a mockery of black people but a mockery of those types of people who try to "become" the person they are playing and to what extent the actor would go to.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What did you guys think mossad island was for? R&R?

We're pretty well infiltrated...all up in our country

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's the Ministry of Truth in formation and action.

This has always been my biggest fear over digital media. It exists in a nebulous, transient state. It can be altered by gatekeepers on a whim. Anyone who relies on it for their knowledge instead of mastering said knowledge for themselves is easily manipulated.

This is why I keep hard copy whenever possible. They're much harder to change or alter so long as they can be preserved in some form.

But the "facts" your digital media shows you one day can easily be different the next. And in a day and age with truth is held to be subjective increasingly often, there is a very real possibly that your facts are becoming subjective too.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Hahaha! If they looked at my book shelf they would swear I was a serial killer! It's full of Stephen King, Clive Barker, Anne Rice and Dean Koontz! Goodness knows what would happen if they got a gander at my video collection!

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Do you honestly think that matters to the woke crowd these days?

link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: solve

This is easily explained:

The character was written as satire to poke fun and point out how ridiculous it is when actors go so deep that they believe they have become the person they are playing. Ben Stiller has said time and time again he did write the character or the portrayal of the character as a mockery of black people but a mockery of those types of people who try to "become" the person they are playing and to what extent the actor would go to.

Or is that what he wants you to believe? LOL

I always wanted to be a conspiracy theorist.
edit on 10-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

link   
They should also remove Roots and The Color Purple.
While they're at it, remove all music where lyrics imply racism and/or have racist language. Might as well start burning bibles as well. Sink the Mayflower and close down any store that sell clothing or items that have a cultural reference. Crayola should immediately remove all black, brown, yellow, red and white crayons. The band NWA need to be arrested immediately. Wonder Bread should re-name their bread, it's totally racist to call it white-bread. Black and Yellow Labs should no longer be identified by color, just Labs. the White Mountains and Black Rock Valley, totally racist.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So why don't they blacklist rap music/videos?

Oh never mind they call that 'art'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join