It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your Fav Character in GoT

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
Thank-you for giving me an idea of what this series was about,
I think I will pass over this.

It's more than just sausages, there's people explaining plot details while having sex. It even produced a new word: sexposition.

It's good wholesome family fun...once you get past the murder, violence, betrayal, boobs, carnage, duplicity, subterfuge and general degeneracy.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Snarl

It is a very brutal and nihilistic series with some very strong, sexual themes in it and lots of violence. It's harsh.

None of the characters are really admirable. The arguably best one loses his head before the end of the first book.

I do enjoy reading the books mainly for the political intrigue, and also for the cut throat nature. It is one of the few series where you end up realizing that absolutely no one has plot armor although thanks to some author interviews, I do know there are at least one or two who do. It has the interesting effect of making you feel like just about anyone could end up dying at anytime which is very unusual in any book series.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So it's like a gory soap opera?

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

So it's like a gory soap opera?

Precisely.

It's absolutely riveting.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It's more than just sausages, there's people explaining plot details while having sex. It even produced a new word: sexposition.

It's good wholesome family fun...once you get past the murder, violence, betrayal, boobs, carnage, duplicity, subterfuge and general degeneracy.

And the Red Wedding ...

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It really is a great series of books. What makes the show so great is the acting and dialogue more than anything. There aren't any good and bad guys in that every character is plotting on how to seize power in their own way. Many have glaring weaknesses.

It looks like it takes place during medieval times but is actually a fantasy realm. There is magic, dragons, zombies, etc. However, most of that is in the background. It really focuses in on the characters and their interactions. There are also whodunit kind of mysteries woven in the story lines as well.

You really have to watch the show carefully. The dialogue is extremely important.

The show is kind of a cross between Dallas, The Wire, Walking Dead, Harry Potter, and the Walking Dead....

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What part do you play in it?

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Ahhhh,a red wedding...I do florals and decorations for
weddings.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

What part do you play in it?

Reek, it rhymes with Freak.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

That was just one scene from season 3. It became a rather infamous scene, known as the "sausage scene", where the audience was being introduced to the character Ramsay Snow and his brutality. It was a classic scene actually, and morbidly hilarious.

"Pork sausage!...You don't think I'm a savage do you? ..."

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Its lord of the rings, based in the Teutonic times of this world...

without all the mushy stuff... and less walking lol

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

It's Lord of the Rings if the author was completely uninterested in a good v. evil storyline.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Like noted earlier, it was a really great show right up until the 'blood wedding'. After that there was such a visceral reaction to that episode they started going down the dragon and fantasy path, and I lost it there.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I don't know anything about it. I could not tell you the first thing about GoT.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

that's a shame... its quite the epic tale

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Tyrion hands down. He's way too much fun.

The Battle of the Bastards was wild. That's what a medieval battle would have looked like, crazy as all hell.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

But Arya was a ninja!

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Sure, but who would you rather sit down and have a few drinks with? I'll go Tyrion all the way. Arya doesn't seem like a whole bunch of fun. Way too serious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join