It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Block Area Controlled by Antifa in Seattle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The real problem is that most of these groups haven't thought it through. They aren't nearly ready to reinvent the wheel. For the most part, they simply end up learning why some things exist in society the way they do.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This 1000%.

Go ahead and try it. When criminals get wind of a soft target you'll have no one to blame but yourselves for exposing yourself.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

Someone wrote something about an autonomous zone on a barricade in ink pen.

Well they did say they were leaving if Trump was elected...

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

The coffee is excellent in Seattle.

The food too.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

I have seen their hand to hand combat training videos. If their operators skills are anywhere close they are a lost cause.

did they include how to blind side your opponent with bicycle locks on the end of chains.
and what do they call call their martial arts, snowflake jitsu or snowflake su?

edit on 10-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Unbelievable..

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
Looks like the terrorists(?) are taking footholds in America. I don't see how this could fly with the new designation in place. Asking for armed security. Could get ugly. Probably not though. I have seen their hand to hand combat training videos. If their operators skills are anywhere close they are a lost cause.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

It's Gateway, but there' some twitter noise too, to validate some.

You're all entitled to your opinion to just go with gateway pundit as your news source. Are they based in Seattle or have journalist on the scene on Capitol Hill?

Otherwise you can find up to date information from local news media, the mayor, governor, city council, and protestor's social media.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapTheGinkels

Thanks for posting that! Haha

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

All truckers should steer clear of WA state.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP I like how when they came to Yucaipa and got their asses handled by some of local rednecks,those boys were on roofs with rifles,better plan was to leave steppin and fetchin

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
So much for no walls

Didn't they make a stink about that not to long ago?
edit on 10-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
Looks like the terrorists(?) are taking footholds in America. I don't see how this could fly with the new designation in place. Asking for armed security. Could get ugly. Probably not though. I have seen their hand to hand combat training videos. If their operators skills are anywhere close they are a lost cause.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

It's Gateway, but there' some twitter noise too, to validate some.

You're all entitled to your opinion to just go with gateway pundit as your news source. Are they based in Seattle or have journalist on the scene on Capitol Hill?

Otherwise you can find up to date information from local news media, the mayor, governor, city council, and protestor's social media.

Willfully ignorant, again? Intellectually dishonest? I posted a link to a local Seattle newspaper saying the same thing.
edit on 10-6-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The real problem is that most of these groups haven't thought it through. They aren't nearly ready to reinvent the wheel. For the most part, they simply end up learning why some things exist in society the way they do.

You're probably right. And the story of almost every "revolution" has been "new boss same as the old boss."

These kids have some blockades left behind by the cops up with handmade signs on them. This isn't a revolution as much as a bunch of kids realizing for the first time that they can make a difference, that the government is not all powerful, and they can just say no to police overreach ... and actually make a change.

Things, sadly, will be back to normal by the end of the week. All those clutching pearls over an "ANTIFA" take over can calm down.
edit on 10-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Well it happened with the Occupy movements.

Inside their little enclaves, they were beginning to set up the rudiments of the very systems they claimed they hated and were against. In other words, they were learning the hard way that such things are there in a society for a reason and not because any oppressive force imposes them. They tend to grow organically over time as a response to human nature.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well it happened with the Occupy movements.

Inside their little enclaves, they were beginning to set up the rudiments of the very systems they claimed they hated and were against. In other words, they were learning the hard way that such things are there in a society for a reason and not because any oppressive force imposes them. They tend to grow organically over time as a response to human nature.

Just because rudiments of living in concentrated areas exist does not mean that police terrorism is necessary. Let's keep things in perspective.

I recall that the Occupy movements (non-violent) were also the ultimate danger to the Republic as seen through the eyes of the right-wing media.

The more things change ...

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

With Occupy, I wasn't talking about policing.

I recall one of the encampments they were moving through already a rudimentary form of banking/insurance set up as means of safety deposit to guard against the theft taking place in the encampment. Basically, a system of paying for people to watch your goods which is sort of one of the things a bank does or insurance against theft. Both of those were things in their modern forms the Occupy movement was actively protesting against.

There were other, similar systems growing up inside the encampments to guard against the lawlessness of raw human nature. They were rudimentary, but they were there and that's how we started out once upon a time in our early civilizations.

I wish I could find that article, but it's way, way down the memory hole.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Fair enough.

I think the important point to focus on is ... are these groups, even the most radical, extremist groups, really suggesting that we do away with law enforcement completely and immediately?

I don't think so. Maybe the odd nut job screeches something like that for the cameras.

You know yourself, in any negotiation, you make the big ask first. These groups, at least the ones who have their heads on their shoulders, are left but they're not extremist left.

Yet, the extremist right media portrays them all as equal. The rioters are the protesters and they all want to get rid of the police.

We're smarter than to repeat that kind of garbage, I like to think.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Occupy was seen as a threat to the financial institutions that run the country. The bailouts being the spark.

It was dedicated to the real issue of class and wealth disparity and the systemic corruption wealth plays in the system.

Around the end of the first Occupy the Media narrative shifted. Financial institutions were less criticised and the issue of wealth in power became less relevant.

Instead, the press now promoted issues of race, gender and sexual orientation. Causes i might point out are proudly championed by the Corporate elite, who would never in a million years embrace a cause such as the first Occupy.

There were a couple of graphs that visualised the media narrative shift. I’ll post them if i find them.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

One of the two hands with puppets always reduces any question on any matter to identity politics.

The other hand, then, is set up to rail against that because it is a fractious methology.

And of course, while looking like it's supporting civil rights, it's really dividing and conquering again ... great example, feminists turning against transfolks. Blacks turning against LGBT. Etc. It's the same over and over.

And as you point out, quite rightly, it always leads away from the corporatists control of our government back to the ever warmed over culture wars.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

No actually. I am fairly familiar with right-wing media, and it is universally acknowledged that the protesters are not the rioters and that the protesters have a right to be angry.

EVERYONE WAS ANGRY.

But what sickens and angers us is the constant media drumbeat that things are "mostly" peaceful from the press when you have the reporter telling us this while the backdrop is a burning building. That's what angers the right. That's just plain dishonest. Mostly peaceful is much closer to what happened in my own hometown where you have a few thousand show up to protest, the mayor praised them for their attitude (and it had been very good all around that that point) and told them so long as the crowd remained in that state there would be no need for curfew. As soon as the mayor stepped down and left, a few bottles got thrown. The police stepped and shut things down and politely (yes it was) asked the crowd to disperse and go home.

They all did. Those were the peaceful protesters NO ONE has an issue with - left or right.

Absent a couple hundred troublemakers the police proceeded to push up and down the streets of downtown in a cat and mouse for a few more hours. Thankfully, there weren't enough of them to make a serious problem in my city, and everyone on all sides turned out to clean up their mess the next day which probably did more racial healing than anything else.

Then there is this sudden and overboard decent into the racial guilt thing being carried on afterward. That also angers us. If the mission we were supposed to be working toward was an equal society of people judged by character, we've veered way off course where the new ethos is to attempt to force an admission of guilt of racism on whites, and then framing the question as one that shows you are racist no matter how you respond also angers us. Being color blind is racist. Saying you aren't racist is racist (even the most racist because you won't admit you are), and then of course, admitting you are and apologizing for it is also saying you are racist.

Whatever our forefathers did or didn't do. It doesn't matter. My mother could have come here from Poland a generation ago, and my father could have been descended from the wrong side of the bed in the deep south somewhere (if you know what I mean), but since my skin color is wrong, I inherited racism from that alone.

That's what angers us on the right, and where there aren't racists, the danger is that you start to create them. Why tolerate and seek to understand people who think that way about me? And what happens in a place when you become part of a group being scapegoated for everything that's wrong in the lives of another group? We see it all over the world, and it never ends out well if it isn't stopped.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join