It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Block Area Controlled by Antifa in Seattle

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
First of all Gateway Pundit.

Second of all, supported by Tweets.

Third of all ... feeds right into the right-wing narrative fearmongering.

Here's information from the neighborhood:

“The decision has been made to allow demonstrators to march past the East Precinct later today,” an announcement sent to department staff about the decision to close the building read. “Additional measures are currently underway to enhance our ongoing efforts to insure the security of our East Precinct and provide for the safety of all our officers.”

Capitol Hill Seattle

At 11:20 PM some seven hours after Chief Carmen Best held a hastily arranged press briefing outside the facility, the mayor tweeted that the retreat is “an effort to proactively de-escalate interactions between protestors and law enforcement outside the East Precinct” and said Best had ordered the barricades surrounding the East Precinct removed and secured the building.

“Keeping demonstrations peaceful must be a joint effort between our community members and law enforcement,” Durkan said. “I am hopeful that tonight, with these operational changes, our city can peacefully move forward together.”

So ... once again, Gateway Pundit's garbage gets reported here as fact.

Reddit Thread from People in the Neighborhood

Just in case anyone is interested in the non-crazy version of the world.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
In a far-left city? Whodathunkit?

About 1/2 a mile out of Seattle it is all red for the rest of the state, so be funny what are they planning to do? lol

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

nobody here is interested in the non-crazy world.
All they want is things to be righteously furious about so they don't have to consider their own lives too deeply.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Why would I be furious? I've said if people want to go set up their little self-sustaining commie Utopias, nothing prevents it. The only shame is that they decided to do it by confiscating the property of others.

If they want to try a social experiment like that, they need to go out and buy their own land and buildings and create their own township.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

So Antifa is actually the militant arm of Trump?

How else can you explain the wall they put up ...

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Form a blockade, problem solved; they'll give up when they get hungry.

Very easy to limit traffic in and out of the local cell towers and jam wifi to land lines and cable.
I bet that will be an option.
edit on 9-6-2020 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
First of all Gateway Pundit.

Second of all, supported by Tweets.

Third of all ... feeds right into the right-wing narrative fearmongering.

Here's information from the neighborhood:

“The decision has been made to allow demonstrators to march past the East Precinct later today,” an announcement sent to department staff about the decision to close the building read. “Additional measures are currently underway to enhance our ongoing efforts to insure the security of our East Precinct and provide for the safety of all our officers.”

Capitol Hill Seattle

At 11:20 PM some seven hours after Chief Carmen Best held a hastily arranged press briefing outside the facility, the mayor tweeted that the retreat is “an effort to proactively de-escalate interactions between protestors and law enforcement outside the East Precinct” and said Best had ordered the barricades surrounding the East Precinct removed and secured the building.

“Keeping demonstrations peaceful must be a joint effort between our community members and law enforcement,” Durkan said. “I am hopeful that tonight, with these operational changes, our city can peacefully move forward together.”

So ... once again, Gateway Pundit's garbage gets reported here as fact.

Reddit Thread from People in the Neighborhood

Just in case anyone is interested in the non-crazy version of the world.

Your info is old (11:20pm last night, to be exact), and I am sorry, but Reddit as a source, then a left wing rag, as proof of a non-crazy world....

ROFLMAO

I at least prefaced by saying my source was questionable.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

jeez had to laugh some people cant help them selves

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is exciting, so anarchist are forming a microcosm of an armed government. I guess I do not know the definition of anarchy. And it is free capitol hill, wasnt this a simpson episode?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: GentrySociety

It's a bit like a replay of the Occupy movement. They didn't end playing that one out so well. I wonder if they've learned from that attempt.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Seriously, I would be all for watching a group like this try to realize whatever they think an idealized society would be.

I'd even go so far as to allow them the base means to set up on their own somewhere so long as we could add lots of hidden cameras to the place and study what goes on and create a new reality TV series out of it.

We might learn something, and who knows? They might actually create something viable.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I was gonna say...I've seen this before...and those didnt end well. I spose if the fed does move in, it'll cause ANOTHER round of riots and temper tantrums...but hey, what are they gonna do...destroy their city twice?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: KnoxMSP

So I'm guessing Krystalnacht is next?

If Trump has his way, yes.

You guys will believe any old BS to find a boogyman. From your own mouth

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
a reply to: ketsuko

I was gonna say...I've seen this before...and those didnt end well. I spose if the fed does move in, it'll cause ANOTHER round of riots and temper tantrums...but hey, what are they gonna do...destroy their city twice?

It's in Seattle. Who cares? If they want to let some angry kids run some city blocks, then that's on their mayor and city council. I'm sure they allow urban camping. How different is this really?

I do feel for the people whose lives and property are being impacted though.
edit on 9-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 9100000006 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

link   

11:20 PM last night is "old"? In what way? What's wrong with the description in the article? Please fill us in.

It explains the situation you tried to concoct and present as something completely different than it is. "ANTIFA" has not taken over part of Seattle. If it has prove it.

People on the ground, in Seattle, do not agree.

Reddit is a message board. It's no more politically aligned than ATS is, at least formally.

The thread linked comments from people who are IN SEATTLE, which are at least equal in relevance to your "sources."

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

So uh. Like, um what’s their end-game? Like what are they doing with this prime real estate? Just curious. Have they stated what they wanna do? Like are they gonna open a B&B or run a socially-distanced night club. Are they making Knick-knacks and Antifa memorabilia patches? Are they serving healthy juice drinks for the kids during reading hour? Like what is goin on there..... ??

Why am I thinking of the Stanford Prison Experiment and smelling weed and coffee? Odd. I’m sure it’ll be fine...

edit on 9-6-2020 by slatesteam because: Pho Cough

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Seriously, I would be all for watching a group like this try to realize whatever they think an idealized society would be.

I'd even go so far as to allow them the base means to set up on their own somewhere so long as we could add lots of hidden cameras to the place and study what goes on and create a new reality TV series out of it.

We might learn something, and who knows? They might actually create something viable.

I agree, except all the people who are there on the ground seem to be interested in is protesting. The area (East Precinct) had been under police lockdown previously.

I'm for local determination as long as basic Constitutional rights are upheld. Heck from the British point of view, the American patriots were rabble rousers and terrorists.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

So uh. Like, um what’s their end-game? Like what are they doing with this prime real estate? Just curious. Have they stated what they wanna do? Like are they gonna open a B&B or run a socially-distanced night club. Are they making Knick-knacks and Antifa memorabilia patches? Are they serving healthy juice drinks for the kids during reading hour? Like what is goin on there..... ??

uhm, so like, so far they have like a park, or something, lol

This thread was more just satire, hence the question mark after the terrorist label for Antifa. Antifa doesn't really have control of anything. Their lives, their mental state, their finances, or their rooms in their cohabitated dwellings, and mother's basements.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I actually really disagree with labeling Antifa a terrorist organization.

That would mean they are organized. I have seen their meetings, and training vids. They are not an organized bunch.

Kidding, kidding. I know it opens the doors to labeling others in the same light, and wouldn't want myself thrown in with some group, cause I don't believe an opposing view.

It sure as hell is funny watching gryphon get their panties in a bunch, though.
edit on 9-6-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join