It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Block Area Controlled by Antifa in Seattle

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

.... and the new boss is usually the same (or worse) than the old boss (see French Revolution and Reign of Terror).

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: ketsuko

You're surprised that a bunch of liberals can't get their stuff together? LOL.

To me that's the reason almost all left of center political groups in this country are their own worst enemies.

Fractional identity politics.

No. I'm not. I've been saying these are the useful idiots. They're being funded, aided, abetted. Their power structure isn't inside themselves, it's who's behind them and using them to tear everything down. They don't want the system in place, and they will take power over it.

These are the foot soldiers of Mao's Red Guard. These are the ones who carried out the purges in Pol Pot's Cambodia.

They're perfect because they don't think; they do. If they thought, they might disagree with that things they get asked to do.

They're the Millennial microbiologists at my husband's workplace who should know by education that wearing a mask against COVID does nothing unless you're sick yourself who persist in wearing that mask every single place they go, even in their cars like little mind-numbed robots. Someone in authority told them too.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel

You're surprised that a bunch of liberals can't get their stuff together? LOL.

To me that's the reason almost all left of center political groups in this country are their own worst enemies.

Fractional identity politics.

Definitely agree with you here. They will certainly collapse under their own weight.

Nah. The left of center groups in America have been on this track for at least 30 years.

And justly so, in a sense. Even factional groups still represent the people.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

.... and the new boss is usually the same (or worse) than the old boss (see French Revolution and Reign of Terror).

That's been my contention for quite some time. Especially revolutions against the elites like the French Revolution. The only thing that changed was the name(s) of those who had the money and power.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Just to clarify your comment ... the protesters in Seattle are equivalent to Mao's Red Guard?

I can't see many degrees of valid comparison, honestly, mostly because of what you originally asserted.

As far as people acting on what they're programmed to do ... that's a wide-ranging issue in this country.

Wearing masks in the pandemic is a real sore spot with some. I put one one when I interact with folks, take it off when not.

I don't understand the horror some seem to have about the masks. I'd be much more upset about the almost uniform resposne from government to put us all under house arrest.

Take steps to deal with a pandemic? Sure. There was and is a pandemic, and it's not over yet.

The wholesale INTERNATIONAL demand that people stay in their homes for months? THAT's a problem in my mind.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Some food for thought. This movement is no one's friend, no matter what you might think. If it spirals, we're all at risk.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wider than Seattle, they're part of it though.

I'm talking about the whole encompassing movement including cancel culture that swirls around it.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Most Americans are independent these days.

I think graffiti is graffiti. If I started taking it seriously, well ...

There's enough fearmongering going on. I for one am not worried by crunchy-granola folks in Seattle.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Oh I agree. They'll begin to eat each other.

Now I'm going to be a bit lazy, it's early and I've not waken enough for searches, but if memory serves, there are internal upheavals in nearly every revolution.

From Castro to Lenin to Mao, even our own revolution.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'm talking about the whole encompassing movement including cancel culture that swirls around it.

Okay, sure.

We all have different ideas about what the real menace is.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Peaceful C.H.A.Z members ready for a picnic

Very decently equipped, notice the "drum" feed for the "party favor" and its reload conveniently strapped to leg for easy access right behind pistol and holster just in case someone decides to get rowdy.

Of course one could never join the party without baofeng radios in case you or friends get lost on way.

Finally a recording of the event must be made by a personalized body cam.

Although the Second Amendment applies within the U.S. - does it apply in CHAZ as an autonomous territory, country or whatever its deemed.

Oh no laws? then guess chaos meets chaos applies.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

LOL ... CHAZ is still in the US, despite the handwritten signs on copier paper.

I'll have to take your word on the armament though. The Second Amendment is great, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Okay, sure.

We all have different ideas about what the real menace is.

If you're shaping an authoritarian society, you need to collapse the old society. You do it the way we are seeing.

They've controlled the people. They know who will and won't comply tamely and for how long. They have rioting in the streets. We see how easily the cops can be compelled to step aside and let that anarchy reign.

How much more can polite society take? Is it really that cowed? Now they're working hard to erase history because they tell us it seriously damages people's psyches. I had no idea that a name or a piece of metal or stone was so psychologically damaging.

The next step will be to stop teaching the history that comes with it because that's what truly upsets people isn't it? It's not the statue or the name of a place, it's the baggage a person brings with them. There was a call for a time in one of the Carolinas to stop teaching the history of the Founding because it "wasn't relevant" to students.

Sorry, but knowing history and knowing from all sides, is important. I'm not talking about just handing Howard Zinn to kids, but handing them several different books from scholars who dug into all aspects. Sure, some of its ugly, but just as much of it is good and worthy and just. History is made up of people and people, on all sides, and people are like that - good and bad, making good and bad decisions. Some of it makes you squirm and it should, but sometimes, the tough choices also allowed for other, better things to happen later on.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I disagree that the kids in Seattle are shaping anything. "Polite society" ? Are we talking polite society in Seattle or in Tacoma? What passes as Polite Society differs considerably with locale.

I would be far more concerned about the trends that are clearly evident, that perhaps as many as half of the American public would favor the use of the US Military on American soil against protesters (not rioters.)

If you want signs of authoritarian regimes forming, you don't have to look much further than that.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is more of a putsch on a local level.

There was no controlled, contained shift in authority.

This was violent, direct and specified.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
This is more of a putsch on a local level.

There was no controlled, contained shift in authority.

This was violent, direct and specified.

This was a resposne to the Seattle police barracading a hippy-dippy neighborhood and then thinking better of it.

Although I see Godwin's Law is in fine form.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I thought the word appropriate.

It describes many of the riots and the rioters.

*shrugs*

I guess we did "nazi" eye to eye.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

LOL ... CHAZ is still in the US, despite the handwritten signs on copier paper.

I'll have to take your word on the armament though. The Second Amendment is great, isn't it?

So claim is they have not declared independence in any shape, form or manner from the United States.

Or............

You're relying on fact that U.S. has not recognized CHAZ.

There is distinction between those two choices - which is it?

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

It's neither.

We call that a fallacy of false dilemma.

The folks in the CHAZ protest (as recognized by the Mayor of Seattle and the Governor of Washington) can call themselves whatever they want ... they have the right to assemble and they have the right to speak.

That so many people NOT in Seattle have allowed the media to gin up all this ... is either hilarious or mortifying ... I haven't decided which.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The folks in the CHAZ protest (as recognized by the Mayor of Seattle and the Governor of Washington) can call themselves whatever they want ... they have the right to assemble and they have the right to speak.

...and the right to unilaterally appropriate public property... and the right to vandalize... and the right to restrict the police from assisting those who want assistance... and the right to violate city laws as they see fit... and the right to restrict others from using public property...

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join