It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Block Area Controlled by Antifa in Seattle

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: headcheck
I live 8 blocks over from Chaz towards Central District, word on the street is that it's too rainy here, and they're getting ready to pack it up and head back to Portland.

I was up there today and am still in Seattle, rain just let up. But out of town protesters and other implants will get real tired of this weather with no media coverage and veggie options

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

The Revolution was called on account of rain.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The Revolution was called on account of rain.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The revolution will not be televised, but now onto local weather

it would be popcorn time iffin i didnt hafta work in that area real soon

let it RAIN!

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I'm a coastie, about 3 hours south of you.

I have webbed feet.

We've adapted.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

A bank is private property. The streets and parks are public property.

The stores and homes are not public property. They have been taken over as well.

Again, personally, I believe in local governance under the law, States Rights all under the supremacy of the US Constitution. Yes, some of this is illegal, no doubt, but not all of it, not even a significant part of it. If Razzy or whatever his name is has actually threatened people on the street with his AK trying to shake them down (as some have said) he's committed a Federal crime or at least a State crime in Washington. He needs to answer for that in a court of law, not be nuked from orbit or any of the ludicrous BS I'm reading here.

This is not about one man taking over. This is an insurrection on the USA and the people of Seattle. These people have, as a group, appropriated property that does not belong to them and are now rebelling against the legal enforcement of laws and declaring themselves above the authority of the City of Seattle, the State of Washington, and the United States of America.

No one has been talking about nuking Seattle from orbit. The President, via the Insurrection Act which was duly passed by Congress, has full authority to use the military on whatever capacity he feels is necessary to quell the insurrection. I posted the links to the law previously. There are options other than nukes, Mr. Hyperbole.

If the duly elected Mayor and the City Government have decided to handle this matter in their city on their terms and consider the "Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone" as a termporary concession to the protesters (who are Seattle CITIZENS) ... what is that to me?

Apparently nothing.

But to me, it is the overt refusal to abide by laws or recognize private property. The Mayor does not have the authority to suspend law. If that can happen in Seattle, then wherever you are the Mayor can decide to stop law enforcement and allow others to take your property and harm you without consequence. That seemingly does not matter to you (although I suspect it would were you living under this kind of insurrection), but it does matter to me. Your statement flies in the face of your hollow reference to the US Constitution above; if you truly believed that, you would not excuse overt violations of the civil rights of those afflicted.

Just like the Confederate monuments ... if a city decides to keep them or let them go ... its' up to the People through their elected Representatives.

The toppling of statues is not being done through elected representatives. It is being done by mob rule.

That's how a Republic works.

No, sir, it is not. It is how mob rule and the law of the jungle works.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
How are they practicing hygiene? CHAZ must be a cesspool for Covid-19 by now.
Soon enough the horrible smell of Gluteus Maximus will be unbearable.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Gryphon66

A bank is private property. The streets and parks are public property.
The stores and homes are not public property. They have been taken over as well.

This is what is making me upset, these non local activists making a local stink in a hood full of local businesses, they are making it ground zero but this is small LOCAL business they are killing. This is NOT downtown like the media keeps making it seem like. The main riots happened downtown in our retail district thats all Banana Republic and the like, they are now completely boarded up and closed, so why riot where theres no audience? These jerks took it where it will kill even more business, this time small independent business in the heart of Seattle's LGBTQ community and where some of our most compromised citizens live... good job you asshats!
edit on 12-6-2020 by Aliquandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Would you mind answering a few questions?

Sure

Given the size of Seattle, what approximate percentage of the city is contained in the "Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone"?

A minute fraction, really only a couple blocks

Have you heard locally that anyone is being exorted for money in the zone by armed individuals (like Raz?)

I have not

Has there been any destruction of property in the last few days, aside from stuff like tagging and so forth?
Not to my knowledge, but most likely

Thanks, if you've got a minute. Stay safe either way.
edit on 13-6-2020 by headcheck because: Goofed on response

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: headcheck

Usually. . . . when I ask a question or questions online, especially here, I have already Googled, Bing'd the questions I am asking.

That way I can anticipate the answers.

I'm guessing you have not Googled or Bing'd, or else you never would have asked the questions in the first place.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: headcheck

Would you mind answering a few questions?

Sure

Given the size of Seattle, what approximate percentage of the city is contained in the "Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone"?

A minute fraction, really only a couple blocks

Have you heard locally that anyone is being exorted for money in the zone by armed individuals (like Raz?)

I have not

Has there been any destruction of property in the last few days, aside from stuff like tagging and so forth?
Not to my knowledge, but most likely

Thanks, if you've got a minute. Stay safe either way.

Hey I gotta question, how is Big Marios, or Lost Lake or Pettirosa or Barca or any of the local small businesses supposed to get any business now that traffic is cut off and they have to deal with extra potential hassle? This is death to all business cant you see?

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

They want to form their own little country..

Fine..

They need to make their own electricity, water supply, medical supplies, food and find someplace within that 6 block radius to start mining and refining their own resources..

Can't be mooching off another country now...!!

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Lets sit back, grab some popcorn and watch liberal cities descend into utter chaos and mob rule.

You can sit back...before you know it they will be in a neighborhood near you

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: headcheck

Hey, I see that you're answering the questions I put out.

You didn't state whether you're in Seattle or not, are you?

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You're claiming that the businesses themselves and the homes themselves are being occupied? Okay. I don't know what percentage of those businesses and homes are actively participating in the CHAZ thing, do you? I've read several reports that state that the area has always been one of the most liberal/socially active/etc. areas of Seattle, and that many of the businesses have opened their doors to protesters.

I disagree with your claim of insurrection utterly. This is a group of people who are in the area where they live and/or work. It's a matter of 3 blocks or so. What they are doing has been recognized by the city government of Seattle (which has jurisdiction) as a "protest action." Also, although I have heard nothing else from these reports, the FBI had apparently given the city government officials credible intelligence that an organized and CAPABLE group was targetting the precinct house and other buildings in Seattle for arson, etc. which resulted in the withdrawal of police personnel. There was no statement that those credible threats came from the CHAZ protesters. Based on what Chief Best has said subsequently, it seems there is some confusion about those claims, however ... what is a fact is that the city government is dealing with it and they are the elected officials on the scene presumably with far more actual knowledge than you or I about the details and are acting in cooperation with the FBI.

If you haven't read the multiple calls for "nuking Seattle from orbit", go back and read this thread and similar ones. Also note the suggestions for using bunker-buster bombs, MOABs etc. These are made in the same breath as the junk about insurrection and calling in the military, so while you may try to say they're joking, I say it doesn't really matter. Anyone willing to joke about nuking AMERICANS on AMERICAN SOIL is, in my book, sympathizers with state terrorism.

Statues are removed by local governments as well. Extremists here and elsewhere have the same issues with that as the vandalism. /shrug

You and others use the terms "mob rule" and "law of the jungle" very selectively. Usually, it regards the actions of Americans seeking greater civil rights and arguing for the power of the People, which you might remember, is the basis of government power per our Constitution and the Republic it creates.

Yes, the govenrment in the city of Seattle has made choices you don't like. That doesn't make it an insurrection, terrorist action, etc.

Calling for a US military strike on the city however IS a call for TERRORIST action by our Federal Government.

IMO
edit on 13-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
CHAZ has no clear control structure.

CHAZ is even less organized than the Occupy encampments it seems.

A fight broke out over the removal of a "Welcome to CHAZ" streetsign because no one had any clear line of authority from any way of determining any group consensus.

Firefighters and other officials who had negotiated with what they thought were groups in charge of the CHAZ are expressing frustration that they are being told their agreements are no good by other groups in the CHAZ.

If none of the various groups inside the CHAZ have any clear way of developing a way forward as a group, then they are doomed to failure.
edit on 13-6-2020 by ketsuko because: spelling before caffeinating

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You're surprised that a bunch of liberals can't get their stuff together? LOL.

To me that's the reason almost all left of center political groups in this country are their own worst enemies.

Fractional identity politics.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You're surprised that a bunch of liberals can't get their stuff together? LOL.

To me that's the reason almost all left of center political groups in this country are their own worst enemies.

Fractional identity politics.

Definitely agree with you here. They will certainly collapse under their own weight.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

If I'm going to be intellectually honest, this isn't going to go anywhere.

BUT!

This is a "micro" version of a "macro" revolution.

And it should be something we can all learn from.

Revolutions takes many forms. From ours in 1776 to the emergence of the Soviets in 1917.

Change is not always good, cream doesn't always rise to the top.

posted on Jun, 13 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If I'm going to be intellectually honest, this isn't going to go anywhere.

BUT!

This is a "micro" version of a "macro" revolution.

And it should be something we can all learn from.

Revolutions takes many forms. From ours in 1776 to the emergence of the Soviets in 1917.

Change is not always good, cream doesn't always rise to the top.

Sometimes only the nuts make it to the top.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join