It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Block Area Controlled by Antifa in Seattle

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not saddened

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
ANTIFA taking over an area already inhabited by other people, walling it off and then calling it their own while persecuting the natives is probably the whitest thing I have seen in a very long time. Calling it CHAZ only amplifies the whiteness of their actions.

Thank you my friend. I learn from the best.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

I haven't seen evidence this circus is officially linked to "ANTIFA" ... Where did you see that.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Its the catch all for anything crazy done by people with a lean to the left, I think.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
ANTIFA taking over an area already inhabited by other people, walling it off and then calling it their own while persecuting the natives is probably the whitest thing I have seen in a very long time. Calling it CHAZ only amplifies the whiteness of their actions.

The fact that they picked the most dependent on the US place they could to try to make some kind of stand is also probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Let's pick a place completely dependent on the grid provided by the country we claim to be autonomous from in all ways: food, water, power, etc. And then stomp our feet and tell them to more or less shove off.

Yep ... that's gonna work out great for you! Like a five year old shutting himself in his room and telling his parents they can't enter because it's his.
edit on 11-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Funny (not) that the Governor of Washington didn't know what was happening in Seattle until a reporter asked him about it.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Lol this is real crap going on, the cops have abandoned the station and said they will stay there until the Mayor/Governor step down. What is funny is both are hard line liberals.

This is the 99%ers under Obama.... Who were basically yuppies/anarchist that camped out in streets and parks doing the same thing and left the areas a mess. I think in Portland they spent a few million to clean up the trash that was a bio hazard and disgusting like used needles, rubbers, crap in people's neighborhoods...etc.

They blocked off areas and are checking IDs etc to allow anyone in....I'm thinking what the hell are the businesses going to do, and the people who need to actually live there.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He knows. And if any reporters have any stones, theyll dig until they find out why he pretends to not know.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

I haven't seen evidence this circus is officially linked to "ANTIFA" ... Where did you see that.

Sorry, I mean domestic terrorists.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Its the catch all for anything crazy done by people with a lean to the left, I think.

Well it is Seattle...lol You got about 99% chance to be right in saying either liberal or anarchist. ANTIFA are just left leaning anarchist so both bases are covered there...lol

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Did I mention the Bundys? They got what they deserve, if memory serves.

Wanna show me where I defended the Bundys? Or are you pulling that out of your rear like Gryph does so well?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

People live in there and own and run businesses.

Already addressed that. Arrest and charge everyone. If someone lives there and has not been assisting willingly, that should be easy to prove. Charges can be dismissed.

But no one should get away with this... you have to try everyone. Especially since we have to tiptoe around "racism" charges.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Did I mention the Bundys? They got what they deserve, if memory serves.

Wanna show me where I defended the Bundys? Or are you pulling that out of your rear like Gryph does so well?

TheRedneck

The Bundys is now an interesting case of a group that were protesting government land grab without looting, destroying or burning and one of them was executed... They put the boot down hard on their necks very quickly.... Too bad we can't say anything since they were right leaning whites.

edit on 11-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: carewemust

He knows. And if any reporters have any stones, theyll dig until they find out why he pretends to not know.

Likely because with the mayor and council absconding their duty to uphold the law, it falls to him, and he doesn't think it politic to do his duty.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Civil disobedience is always breaking the law and the penalties flow from that. You get what you sign up for when you engage in it. What you have to hope is that the public decides your cause is just enough to support you and change the laws you or circumstances surrounding your disobedience.

Rosa Parks? Absolutely broke the law.

But because public opinion shifted behind her, we don't see it that way now.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

To be honest, I didn't care that much about the Bundy thing. They chose to do something in the middle of nowhere, the government was on it, so I didn't consider it worth my time. That's why I want someone to show me where I was calling for anything in that respect.

To this day I am not real sure what that was all about.

In contrast, this is happening in the middle of a large city, the Capitol actually, and is offensive rather than defensive in nature at this point. Plus, I don't think I remember the Bundys begging and demanding that no one shut off their water and cell service, or begging that people send more food, lol.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You''re correct, but this is the first time I have seen the wanton breaking of the law in respect to actual sedition. With Rosa Parks, if memory serves, the charge was a misdemeanor.

It's one thing to refuse to give up a seat on a bus... it's a little more serious when you forcibly take over a legitimate government seat.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The Bundy thing was much more important if you are a rural person especially out west.

The US government has systematically acquired large chunks of land out there. They own more than anyone. There are lots of ranchers who lease it to graze their cattle. The Bundys felt they were abused by the BLM (Bureau of Land Management - you have to specify these days; I always think BLM) in their lease. They felt it was arbitrarily and unfairly canceled on them and their cattle appropriated by the government.

They were not alone in that assessment of abuse by the government. Other ranchers feel the same way about it.

But if you don't live out west or deal with the BLM in such matters, it does seem remote.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The "Bundy thing" is actually pretty interesting.

Of note is that they have had the charges levied against them dismissed.. Four times now, I believe? Generally dont hear that part.

They are fighting a personal fight, largely, but imo it is on one of the most overlooked fronts; zoning laws, land regulations, etc.

Most dont think of those things as anything other than benign, much less being one of the pillars of the corporate-political agenda. I mean, what damage can be done to the public through zoning laws and "city planning," right? Particularly if we frame it as "smart growth," "green," and "sustainable development!" Im not familiar enough to know if the Bundys actually know about this stuff though.

Those so-called "Sustainable Development Goals" are gonna bite us in the ass. The folks that took over this Seattle area are largely in line with the ideology, so it should be interesting to see it play out.

Wonder if the massive investments recently made by corporations like Tyson & Cargill into "cell-based meat" are gonna work their way in?
edit on 11-6-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Actually they did destroy property. Also, they were allowed to remain on the federal property they seized at gunpoint for weeks. It wasn't until one of them came at federal agents with a gun that he was put down. And even then everyone else involved had their charges thrown out.

If that's having a boot put on their neck then what police are doing to countless peaceful protesters must be having a guillotine dropped on it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join