It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yay! I'm done!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My wife is that way, but I tend to want to learn things and ask lots of questions as to what they are trying to accomplish. The actual therapists are glad to help you learn how to do it, but I think their bosses might not care for that, because they need patients to pay the bills. We have a thirty dollar copay on stuff like that now, I remember when that was all free around twelve years ago with the insurance we had. I do not know for sure if Obamacare caused the increase in copay or not, I just think doctors are always prescribing therapies and insurance companies had to raise premiums or have copays, so they chose copays. When everyone goes for every test and therapy, it raises costs of insurances. Same with schools, the schools want doctors excuses if the kids miss a couple of days, that all raises premiums. So parents start sending the kids to school sick now around here, because they do not like the copays. Twenty five bucks five times a year is quite a bit of money just to satisfy the schools..

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Couldn't be happier for you Ket! You go girl, but SLOW now.

After a lifetime of craanking the big grinders back/forth with
the left arm + a whole different usage mode from playing the
Fiver basses = mega-arthritic carpal ulna you name it meatstick!

In a nutshell I fended off a shoulder replacement after the Ulna
nerve decomp in '07... but those five holes in there took a raccoon's
epoch to heal up. You DEFINITELY did this the right way, no doubt!

MY rotator still sounds like a box of 3/8 sockets getting kicked
every time I play unplugged--
but at least the hurt is from just hitting the wrong ones now.
You can assume further the hurt comes damned regular: my bass SUCKS.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

That was a let down this being Ats i expected a manifesto and a AR15 or Ak47 from some crazed member who has had enough and flipped like the good ol days of ATS

PS i have enough Gabbapentine stocked up to put people in orbit , don;t drink and drive home take drugs and fly home

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Heh, I've been off the meds for quite a while now.

Kicked the heavy pain meds the first weekend out from surgery. Kicked the gabby about a couple weeks after that, and stopped the naproxen every day in January.

It helps that I spent quite a few years of my youth as a high performing athlete and then developed chronic migraine so I have a decent amount of pain tolerance. Shoulder is sore, but like I told my PT yesterday - there is pain and PAIN. I am very familiar with the difference.

edit on 10-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Good on ya'! Glad to hear the shoulder is improving greatly.

I've been having some shoulder issues myself recently. That's no fun at all! If I hold my right hand at my side and try to lift my arm straight out sideways to vertical (over my head), I get about half way and the pain says "NO!", and I have to cheat and bend my elbow a bit to get past that point.

The shoulder is a tricky joint to have worked on. I've known people who have been cautioned about rotator cuff work saying it could get worse, not better, following surgery (I'm in that same boat with my lower back). Glad to hear yours worked out.

This gettin' old stuff is not for pansies, that's for sure!!

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

That's wonderful news Kets! Congratulations!

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The rotator cuff part sucks.

By the time I got into PT and treatment, I had lost pretty much all of my internal and external rotation. They said that the average is about 90 degrees external. Prior to surgery, they could get me out to maybe 10 degrees on a good day with a lot of stretching and a ton of pain. I had zero degrees under my own power.

Right now, I can get it out to maybe 15 degrees under my own power, but we're out to 60+ degrees when stretched and it's just sore, not painful as in not going anywhere without serious injury. So there is room to stretch it further and with strengthening, I'll get more rotation under my own power back.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

That's some sheer determination you have there to labour through that pain, nicely done.

posted on Jun, 14 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Heh, I've been off the meds for quite a while now.

roger that

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join