It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yay! I'm done!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Sorry, but I just had to do a wee bit of celebrating.

No, some of you read the title and thought maybe you were getting rid of me, but nope.

Naw.

Last fall in September, right around the first of it, I started physical therapy for some pretty nasty shoulder problems. I've been taking it every since. At first three times a week to try to avoid shoulder surgery. Then it was three times a week to prepare for shoulder surgery, and then it was three times a week to rehab from shoulder surgery.

Then in February, I managed to cut down to two times a week.

Then in mid-March we dropped down to once, and today ...

TODAY I GRADUATED!!

It was weirdly emotional. I almost cried ... in happiness. It's been over half a year, pushing 9 months.

I think they have earned that edible bouquet I plan to send them.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Congrats!

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Go back to it right quick if you feel you're going into decline.

That said ... heartfelt congrats, Girlie!!

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So, your insurance won't pay for any more therapies I guess, so you are healed miraculously. Even if you weren't they would tell you you are since they won't be getting paid anymore unless you want to pay it out of your own pocket.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I sign up for basic strength and flexibility classes at the community center tomorrow. I have an end goal in mind, but I need to do some more work on it first.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
congrats man i know the feeling.
I'm recovering from my third knee surgery right now. Second time i've blown an acl from snowboarding.

I got about 5 more months of rehab I believe.

Being injured is no fun.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No, I'm getting to the point where most of the stuff they having me do there isn't challenging, and the shoulder is opening up. I need to move out into more regular exercise in order to finish it off. That's not what PT is for. They've gotten me to the point where I can continue on my own.

That and I am familiar with where my insurance is at. I have 60 visits per year. It reset when the year did, so I am not at the 60 yet. They will also authorize more as needed. So if I see the surgeon on Thursday (should be getting the full release then) and he does the unexpected, I would definitely be covered, but it's expected to be more of a formality.

I'm far enough out from what I've had done with no complications and excellent progress that I should be ready to start progressing on my own.

edit on 9-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Congrats!

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Congrats!!!!
On persevering, and avoiding surgery!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Congratulations!

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

That's gotta feel good. Nice work. I'm working on my own bum shoulder, so now I will hold you as inspiration.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Oh no, did it read that way? I didn't avoid it. I had a global capsulotomy and SLAP repair with biceps tenodesis and suprascapular nerve decompression the week before Thanksgiving.

That shoulder was stuck like cement.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Glad you’re feeling better...

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Sorry, but I just had to do a wee bit of celebrating.

TODAY I GRADUATED!!

It was weirdly emotional. I almost cried ... in happiness. It's been over half a year, pushing 9 months.

Brava!!!

Been there, done that and congratulations on getting through it.

Welcome back to reality and remember to have fun with your better self now!

edit on 9-6-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I hope we never get rid of you!!

CONGRATS to you!!!

Stay strong!!
edit on 9-6-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Congratulations on your recovery!

Don't overdo it for a while, but maintain your strength/dexterity as much as possible.

Get a big yoga ball , and learn to kneel on it with your knees and hands, while stretching a leg or arm one at a time.
it works wonders.

edit on 9-6-2020 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Congrats. Glad to hear you all fixed up.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

OUCH!!!!!!

I know you talked about how it happened.....am I correct in guessing it was easier to injure than it should have been?
Seems like serious injuries happen in the blink of an eye.

And, I am sorry I missed that.
I have tree pollen allergies....cottonwoods etc....and when my eyes tear, I read rather haphazardly....

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No, I'm getting to the point where most of the stuff they having me do there isn't challenging, and the shoulder is opening up. I need to move out into more regular exercise in order to finish it off. That's not what PT is for. They've gotten me to the point where I can continue on my own.

That and I am familiar with where my insurance is at. I have 60 visits per year. It reset when the year did, so I am not at the 60 yet. They will also authorize more as needed. So if I see the surgeon on Thursday (should be getting the full release then) and he does the unexpected, I would definitely be covered, but it's expected to be more of a formality.

I'm far enough out from what I've had done with no complications and excellent progress that I should be ready to start progressing on my own.

Wow, sixty a year, must be some good insurance, I think we have fifteen per injury per year or something like that. It's good to see you are doing better. I through out my rotator cuff about four months ago, it took about six weeks to get back so that I can use it, it isn't strong yet but it has good rotation. I will work on getting it stronger now that I can get in the woods to clean up all the dead trees to make them into firewood. My back sucks yet though, it has been messed up since early january, now I can probably get into the chiropractor if he didn't go out of business because of covid.

This is the fourth time I cracked the cartilage around where my arm meats the shoulder, I think the doctor called it rotator cuff many years ago. I have just done what the doctor told me to do the last three times, it healed all right the first time, no need to go to the doctors again. It has given me a huge dark bruise the last two times and it takes progressively longer to heal but I only go to doctors if I need them, the first time he told me what to do and it works great. It is just that I am getting older and it takes longer and the socket is always weak while it heals...you have to watch it for three or four months so it does not crack again.

I hate therapies, all I need is one, I ask lots of questions and learn quickly what their plans are and how to do it....I only go to a couple of sessions.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Husband is very fortunate to work for a good company that still values its employees.

The policy took a hit after Obamacare in terms of what we had to pay, but the benefits have always been excellent, and even further the HR dept. has always been willing and able to go to bat on your behalf with the insurance company if needed.

I am not so good at doing the work independent like you are. I need to have a class or session or something to keep myself accountable.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join