It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia urges the U.S. to ‘observe democratic standards’ and respect right to protest

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gravelbone
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Oh NOW it's cool to trust what Russia says.
Got it. 👌

Any way the wind blows.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Russia of all countries?

The Russian Foreign Ministry urged the U.S. authorities to respect Americans’ right for peaceful protest amid the wave of demonstrations sparked by George Floyd’s death.

The ministry spokeswoman, Maria Zakharova, says Moscow has taken note of the use of tear gas to disperse rallies and massive arrests of protesters in the U.S. She also pointed out numerous journalists, including Russian reporters, were hurt while covering the protests.

Market Watch

I mean Trump and his allies do have a lot of respect for Russia so maybe they'll take note? I'm sure we can all agree though that Russia should be the last country to speak up about these things considering their treatment of their own protesters, transgendered, minorities (we'll take good note of the Caucus muslims and seperatists), political rivals? How about silencing opponents during their elections? Obviously though they see an opportunity here?

Strange times.

Protestors were respected. Rioter and looters were not, IMO they should have been shooting looters and arsonists on sight.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Russia for decades has done anything they can to destabilize our country.

So of course they are quite fine with what is going on right now.

As are the people in America that have the exact same goals.

Our Democratic party.

Talk about collusion....

edit on 9-6-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Biden is colluding w Russia!

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Russia wants Americans to keep burning their own country to the ground??? Why I'm absolutely shocked, in all my days I never would have expected such a thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Enemies of our country are delighted at how divided and leaderless we are.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

*Thread about Russia criticizing US treatment of protesters*
Carewemust: Biden Biden Biden!
I suppose Hillary was unavailable for victimhood at this precise moment.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well, they did it respectfully.

So in return I would respectfully urge Russia to get these nuts.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

*Thread about Russia criticizing US treatment of protesters*

Carewemust: Biden Biden Biden!

I guess this is an improvement over the usual Hillary Hillary Hillary and Obama Obama Obama

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

originally posted by: bigsnowman
Russia's goal from the get-go was to turn Americans against each other and laugh as our country falls apart from the inside out. They were heavily involved in the 2016 election and are at it again. Hasn't stopped.

No. The country will fall from within. Most of the world thinks we're ridiculous because all the jokes from gender BS to feminism to just general mental disorders that are propped up as Correct Think.

No other country has to touch us at this point because the loudest minority are tanking the country at light speed, all with the help from a very well funded psychological attack by China. Stupid Americans will bring us down because they're too blind to see they've become whores to ideals not of their own.

threadreaderapp.com...

As someone on the outside looking in I have to tell you the truth

Yes we're laughing

We're laughing at Trump

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Wait I thought Trump was taken his orders from Russia.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Putin troll level 1,000,000

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Russia is just trolling the US because we have Progressive filth and they don’t. Hell, it is funny that we put up with moronic Progressives and Antifa destroying the country. I would be shocked if Russia and China weren’t running the MSM narrative and funding the protests.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Joe Biden doesn't know what he's talking about. He said Russia wants President Trump to win. The evidence continues to accumulate that Russia wants Joe Biden to win.

Evidence continues to accumulate that Russia want to sow dissention in the American people.

And of course, we're obliging them.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Russia is just trolling the US because we have Progressive filth and they don’t. Hell, it is funny that we put up with moronic Progressives and Antifa destroying the country. I would be shocked if Russia and China weren’t running the MSM narrative and funding the protests.

So you'd like to see the USA become more like Russia and China.

Check.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Trump respects people’s right to protest
Republicans respect people’s right to protest
Trump supporters and republican supporters ENCOURAGE people to protest

Burning down your neighbors shop and murdering police officers is NOT protesting

And now ‘ze russians’. Who gives a shiit about the RUsSiAnS?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Trump respects people’s right to protest
Republicans respect people’s right to protest
Trump supporters and republican supporters ENCOURAGE people to protest

Burning down your neighbors shop and murdering police officers is NOT protesting

And now ‘ze russians’. Who gives a shiit about the RUsSiAnS?

The problem is equating the protesters with the rioters.

So no, Trump does not support protests, in fact, he has called for the protests (because these are really riots) to be DOMINATED.

I want you guys to think about this: Russia was just able to suggest that the United States of America is acting like a police state ... and the world agrees.

“I think Americans are not aware, or don’t have the experience, to realise what it means for the military to be out on the streets in charge of domestic security,” Lewin said. “In Latin America, unfortunately, we do have a lot of experience with how that can lead to an authoritarian regime irrespective of the fact that Trump was democratically elected.”

The events of the past week in America have had reverberations around the world. For years, part of the daily work of the US state department was to issue denunciations of police brutality, suppression of dissent, and instability in far-flung corners of the globe.

In recent days it has been the other way round. Friendly nations have expressed concern, less friendly governments have revelled in Washington’s discomfort.

Guardian

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Check.

What ever the hell is happening now in the United States right now isn’t okay. Maybe if Progressive scum stop trying to destroy our country the other countries won’t be laughing at us.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Check.

What ever the hell is happening now in the United States right now isn’t okay. Maybe if Progressive scum stop trying to destroy our country the other countries won’t be laughing at us.

What has been happening in the United States for the last 25 years or so is not "okay."

If you want to talk about reality, I'll be glad to. Using phrases like "progressive scum" just makes your post sound like a political hack that's listened to too much Glenn Beck.

If you look at what the world is actually laughing at, it's not the protesters ... it's the Tin Pot Dictator in the White House.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

This is perfect.
Russia, of all, is tlling the US to respect the right to protest. What's even better is that they are right.
Because, you see, even if Russia can't hold any kind of moral standard, what we are seeing here is "The State beating the People".
The police hitting rioters, in some cases peaceful protesters. So this is all very nice to watch really, I wonder how they will try twist the narrative to make us all believe the US government is still different from any other oppresive State. It's easy to be peaceful with your own population when they do not riot or protest, but when they do, those are exactly the times you have to prove you truly are a democratic country, where people can speak up their minds freely, without fear of harrased and beaten by The State.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join