It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO official walks back statement that asymptomatic transmission is 'very rare'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So apparently there was a "misunderstanding" regarding their statement about asymptomatic transmission being "very rare". They're now stating this was in relation to a very small subset of studies.

I'm about fed up with the flip flopping. I get this is a fluid situation and we're learning new stuff daily, but they only just made the other announcement yesterday and they wonder why everyone is losing faith in what is being published.

WHO Official Walks Back Statement Asymptomatic Transmission is 'very rare'

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
They need to get disbanded and everyone who worked for them need to be seen as a clown by any future employer

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
We should not pay them or something like that, maybe ask Trump and see what he would do?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
They need to get disbanded and everyone who worked for them need to be seen as a clown by any future employer

Maybe the leadership... I imagine there are a lot of well intentioned kids who leave college wanting to help out and travel. They probably don't get a role in decision making however.

We need to end the societal fetish of no redemption. If everyone had their way, people who said something "mean" on Twitter, people who worked for the WHO, or voted Democrat or Republican would have no place in society.

Who does that leave?

I don't think racism is as systemic and widespread as people would like us to believe.... But I certainly think tribalism and reactionary shunning is.

I was one of the first to call out the WHO for being cucks to China BTW. Still don't think everyone who worked for them should be dunce capped though.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ratcals

Do not trust the WHO the UN or ANY international organisation.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

To quote Joseph P. Farrell. .....

"Flip-Flopping like a landed mackerel on a moonlit beach".

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
WHO is not a bad organization but they just have some irrational idiots running the place presently. They need someone running it with at least a little bit of common sense and someone who kind of understands human nature of our species. Scientists often have a different way of thinking...I kind of fit right in with how researchers think....but the people running those organizations often do not have common sense. Even scientists have beliefs that are not real, they are humans. The interpretation of evidence is done by belief not science, unless the interpretter is good and parameters of the way to use the evidence are properly disclosed.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This just in: WHO doesnt know what their talking about. Because if what was said on Monday was true it would suggest that we handle the situation like we handle other viruses. Meaning we would only need to quarantine the sick and people who are showing symptoms.

Meaning the paradigm would be broken even though the paradigm is already broken because have thousands of people gathering everyday.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So glad I said in March that this was going to be a conflated and overblown 'epidemic'. Good thing we tanked the economy for bad infromation and bad data.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The WHO needs to rebrand. They should change there name to TTS - The Three Stooges

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Thank goodness President Trump has stopped sending our taxpayer dollars to the World Health Organization permanently.

Trying to follow their advice is like watching a tennis match and getting Whiplash at the same time.

The WHO should stick with giving baby formula recommendations in underdeveloped countries.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Maybe best to go with the first news being more accurate , as it doesn't fit certain agendas .
If you think about it droplets need a cough to get loose . Unless you're kissing someone or using the same towels or up close in a shouting match or whatever.

Previously, researchers had some uncertainty about asymptomatic transmission with the coronavirus. This new evidence could provide guidance to public health officials on how to contain the spread of the disease.

"This provides evidence that extensive control measures including isolation, quarantine, school closures, travel restrictions and cancellation of mass gatherings may be warranted," Meyers said. "Asymptomatic transmission definitely makes containment more difficult."

you have the university of Texas to thank for that . And sciencedaily. Com
link
She undid a good excuse for harsh measures yesterday , and then revalidated it today.

By the initial wording _"very rare_" , that's dodgy .

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: KiwiNite

Maybe the leadership... I imagine there are a lot of well intentioned kids who leave college wanting to help out and travel. They probably don't get a role in decision making however.

We need to end the societal fetish of no redemption. If everyone had their way, people who said something "mean" on Twitter, people who worked for the WHO, or voted Democrat or Republican would have no place in society.

Who does that leave?

I don't think racism is as systemic and widespread as people would like us to believe.... But I certainly think tribalism and reactionary shunning is.

I was one of the first to call out the WHO for being cucks to China BTW. Still don't think everyone who worked for them should be dunce capped though.

Ummm...I get what your saying...and agree for the most part...it does seem we like to break out the torches and pitchforks...actually...my preference is tar and feathers...

Where I might differ in my opinion...is that these are inconsistent comments from the "World health organization"...in the midst of a pandemic...

This isn't the only example either...the mixed messages about wearing a mask for instance...first it's good..then it's bad...then it's good again...

I think that a good portion of these inconsistencies...lie at the feet of an instant communication based daily cycle...where competition for ratings and relevance...drives a story...and even creates a story out of whole cloth...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Why does anyone give two #s about what an appointed international organization, you me and nobody else voted for says? We never had any choice when our leaders decided to sign some treaty saying they'll obey them. Why, when I live in what is supposed to be a Democratic country is some international organization, full of members not actually elected by anybody, deciding things for my country and the entire world? I never agreed ever once to follow the whims of the WHO. I never even had the chance to say yes or no.
edit on 9/6/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
As shady as the WHO is, I don't see a problem with the flip-flopping. New information is coming in every day and I respect them for updating their stance instead of doubling down on knowingly obsolete info. I don't believe their goal is to deceive, at least not in this instance.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So glad I said in March that this was going to be a conflated and overblown 'epidemic'. Good thing we tanked the economy for bad infromation and bad data.

Ummm...maybe it's a good idea to wait until the pandemic is actually over...before claiming how prophetic you were...

Then again...we'll never really know the truth about this sordid tale with all the competing interests...

If there's any truth to these discoveries from the scientists studying the virus...that if you have an A blood type...your 50% more susceptible to needing critical care...or that blood drawn from patients is clotting in the tube virtually as fast as it's drawn...to epidemiologists claims that the virus has parts of the HIV genetic code...and that it's attacking and destroying T-cells...etc...

It is a..."things that make you go hmmm"...situation...IMO...

Far too many unanswered questions at this stage of the game...

Maybe the smart game is to wait until more is known...before we make any claims pro...or con...

But that's just my opinion...which is worth about as much as anyone else's...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Agreed. They had polary opposing statements about a number of points, almost appearing as if they were just trying to cover all the bases and appease everyone.

Either way... I'd be lying if I said I'm really question the significance or effectiveness of the WHO right now. They just seemed to constantly muddy the waters on this one.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

To The Stars

equally credible

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Ummm...maybe it's a good idea to wait until the pandemic is actually over...before claiming how prophetic you were...

Nah, I'm good going out on a limb right now and saying it was totally conflated.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have been in scientific institutions and environments for a large part of my career, and for the life of me, I can not understand how you bumble something this important, this badly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join