It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City officials in Chicago unraveling

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Democrat officials in Chicago are starting to taste the medicine that they haven’t wanted to take for how many years now?
Chicago has been a battle zone for quite some time due to the insane Liberal policies there.
It seems that city’s 50 Aldermen and the mayor went at it on a conference call on May 31st, a day that saw 699 arrests -- primarily looters -- 132 officers injured, 48 shootings and 17 homicides.
Well well well.......apparently they wanted to model after Baghdad, Iraq and they have it.

According to a tape obtained by WTTW News of an online conference call among the city’s 50 aldermen and the mayor, one alderman could be heard weeping while others angrily decried what was going on in the city.
“My ward is a s--t show,” one alderman says. “They are shooting at the police.”

One alderman asked how seniors and vulnerable populations were supposed to get medicine and food if “every CVS, every Walgreens is shutting down.”
“How do businesses recover and why would they want to recover in our community?” another is heard asking.
Lightfoot herself recognized what she described as a “massive, massive problem.” Earlier she described rioters as just f-----g lawless right now.”
“I don’t know about you, but I haven’t seen s--t like this before, not in Chicago,” Lightfoot said.

On the call, others took aim at Lightfoot herself for her response to the crisis.
One man, identified by WTTW News as Ald. Raymond Lopez, demanded that Lightfoot develop a plan to stabilize Chicago’s neighborhoods for five days, calling his Southwest Side ward “a virtual war zone” where armed gang members were threatening to shoot black people.
When he demanded she respond to the remarks, Lightfoot told him he was “100 percent full of s--t.”
“Well, f--k you then,” Lopez responded.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 9-6-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Baghdad Iraq is the result of an overreaching and militarized police force. Inevitable that it came to US soil because these agencies have been running amok unchecked since their inception.

These problems are not symptoms of democratic leadership but a decline in America as a nation.

It's been happening since JFK and every administration has been trying to keep the bloated corpse afloat, it only took this long for it to rupture.

Fear and loathing.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Who cares? Its Chicago. Anyone with a brain fled Chicag 10 years or more ago. As long as the rest of us dont have to pay for it, it doesnt affect the rest of the US.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Man... when I lived in Los Angeles, I had a good friend and we'd go out for street photography and make short films. Then we both moved at about the same time... I went to Texas... he went to Chicago.

He gets better pictures, but I got the better life.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

They're all pissed off because revenues are down 67%. Their personal slush funds are drying up, and Mitch McConnell told them to declare bankruptcy, since Illinois (Chicago) made it's own bed.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Liberals tend to promote change without thinking everything over. That can lead to all sorts of problems that weren't thought of.

What is happening to society, the progressive movement is chaotic, people cannot see the whole picture anymore, they focus on things that people propagandize and this causes all sort of problems in society. Europe seems to love it when we are having all sorts of problems here since we have told them we are not going to be their bitches anymore. The Russians are eating lots more popcorn these days while watching as things unfold, soon they will be able to take over Europe because the US will not be able to protect them anymore. The Muslims love this, they can donate a hundred grand to these people promoting rioting and looting and get a lot of bang for their buck. And Americans are blind as bats these days, they were stuck in their houses too long with their cats....cats are either getting in trouble or sleeping half the time and want everyone to be their slaves.

We can actually blame these riots on cats, because white people learned that being a slave of cats kind of sucks. I guess I need to give the cats breakfast again, they get breakfast three times a day after their sleep cycle they get into trouble till you fill their bellies with special food. We took away the restaurants from the public...treat suppliers....and look what happened when people don't get their fix.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This isn't going to get fixed till most of the people get back to work, they have too much time on their hands. Covid lockdown caused this civil unrest to be much worse.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This isn't going to get fixed till most of the people get back to work, they have too much time on their hands. Covid lockdown caused this civil unrest to be much worse.

Idle hands is the devils workshop.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Who cares? Its Chicago. Anyone with a brain fled Chicag 10 years or more ago. As long as the rest of us dont have to pay for it, it doesnt affect the rest of the US.

Thats like saying 'Who cares? The tumor is just on my arm.'...

This kind of # spreads, fast... as you can now see...

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Kicking Beetlejuice out of office would be a good first step. She's looking worse by the day. Someone, please, help her.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The problem is liberals never look in the mirror to understand how they may have caused the situation at hand.

Finding a true Republican/conservative in Chicago politics is about as rare as a unicorn. Yet, I guarantee they will find someone way to blame Trump, conservatives, white folks, or anyone else for the current situation instead of themselves.

These people cannot see beyond one or two moves on a checkers board (chess is out of the question). They cannot connect dots to how past policies lead to present day situations.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
The problem is liberals never look in the mirror to understand how they may have caused the situation at hand.

Finding a true Republican/conservative in Chicago politics is about as rare as a unicorn. Yet, I guarantee they will find someone way to blame Trump, conservatives, white folks, or anyone else for the current situation instead of themselves.

These people cannot see beyond one or two moves on a checkers board (chess is out of the question). They cannot connect dots to how past policies lead to present day situations.

Some of the laws passed in the past might look like they are not relevant at all, but people used to think more years ago and although these laws do not seem rational they actually stop escalations of civil unrest that lead to large widespread problems in the future. Just like the drunk driving laws getting stricter, everyone tries to push the limit and sooner or later there were more drunk driving accidents. Most people are not drunk at .08, but they won't show signs and get pulled over at that level and even at .1. but then it comes to the level used to be at .1 and people would be at .15 and cause accidents. A stiff fine and raised insurance rates is what keeps the drunk driving from killing people. Most people drive better with a few drinks, but still the law keeps people paying attention while driving at even two drinks and stops accidents.

One action causes the reaction that the courts actually wanted, less accidents and fatalities of innocent people from drunk drivers. Even though I do not feel that the lower level is necessarily right, the result is what you have to look at...less drunk drivers causing accidents.

I actually drove slower when I was drinking when I was younger, I never raced around in my built up cars when I was drinking because I didn't want to lose my license...I got one drunk and one impaired when I was young. The thing is that I blew a one O both times, but know that I was lucky they did not pull me over when I was actually drunk. So I quit drinking more than a couple of beers when I was in my thirties.....I was tired of that life anyway, I needed to focus on my business and being seen drunk when you own a business is negative advertising.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hahahaha.

They reap what they sow.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
OMG..the miracle of deep fakes!

Here is mayor Lori Lightfoot "untouched": twitter.com...

Better..no?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Liberals tend to promote change without thinking everything over. That can lead to all sorts of problems that weren't thought of.

Welcome to California.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

That's not a girl that's a man man well what wait that's a girl

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Just wash your hands of it Tony S . Thats the way to do it . Don’t care about other people

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Most people don’t drive better after a Few drinks .
Don’t think there’s conclusive evidence on pot

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Kicking Beetlejuice out of office would be a good first step. She's looking worse by the day. Someone, please, help her.

That is some rough sh@t there...wow.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Is that pic of the Mayor or some poor, little homeless gentleman.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join