It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows Minneapolis cops slashing tires of Medical Workers.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I get it if there's government bootlickers that don't have a problem with this and want to make apologists excuses why it's okay for the government to destroy your property. But here's the thing, I'm not one of them.

I'm not going to suggest the decision was a good one, but if people are rioting then cops might do what they think is the safest thing to do. A flat tire car is not going to run them or anyone else down. Now should the city be liable for the damage? I would say yes...

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
I haven’t failed in anything.

If the test in question was, 'How to be a totalitarian statist apologist', I'd say, no, you haven't failed at all. As a matter of fact I think you might graduate Salu-dictator-torian.

Your the one worried about a tire or two with debate there might have been a valid reasoning behind the act while while blocks are being sacked and torched.

Oh, it's okay because it's 'a tire or two'. That's nice, today a tire or two, tomorrow someone's home because 'valid reasons'. Oh, and their reasons were so valid they actually had to lie about it to begin with. How's that boot taste?

Ok. So what should happen then.

So the cops should get wrote up, placed on probation, and the cost of the tires taken out of their paychecks.

That’s going to bring businesses back how?

Er, what? This thread isn't about the looters, it's about the police damaging property. The destroyed businesses weren't destroyed because they did or didn't cut those people's tires.

Wow, brohan, you just can't seem to stay on point, you constantly invent strawman arguments so you can debate yourself.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I'm not going to suggest the decision was a good one, but if people are rioting then cops might do what they think is the safest thing to do. A flat tire car is not going to run them or anyone else down. Now should the city be liable for the damage? I would say yes...

I don't trust the government to do what they think is safe, ever. Look where it's gotten us in 2020 alone.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I don't trust the government to do what they think is safe, ever. Look where it's gotten us in 2020 alone.

It is either that or were trying to blame it on protesters, but then they were not very sneaky were they...lol

As to the parking garage not sure who might have done that... The ones that the cops were doing in the cameras were literary in the streets some of the cars in the middle of the street, parking garage could have been vandals as part of the looting, rioting... Not trying to make excuses for the cops though, but there is a lot of mixed videos there.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Whatever dude. Good luck to ya.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
Whatever dude. Good luck to ya.

Ciao, bro, have fun arguing with yourself.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

For fun? No.

For any of a dozen other reasons? You bet.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They do not have that many wheel clamps to start putting them on all the vehicles. Also, they would spend a lot of time putting them on and later taking them off. I see no problem with that, if they did slash some medical workers tires, I would bet some of those workers were out there protesting. I know three medical workers around here that were out protesting. Getting exposed to possible covid then bringing it back to the hospital or nursing home is not civility at all. They should lose their job, covid is not over yet. How would you like it if you went to the hospital and wound up with covid because a nurse was out protesting?

You would think that News Reporters would need to get proper permitting to be able to film a protest or riots. They should also get a permit to put on their dash so that the cops will know who's car it is.

At least the cops aren't torching the cars like the rioters are.

I see nothing wrong with peaceful protests, but the people protesting are blocking emergency vehicles from doing their job all over, the right to peaceful protest does not give you the right to endanger someone elses life. If an ambulance is delayed even fifteen minutes because of a protest and the person dies, those protestors are contributing to the manslaughter of a person.

It's not illegal to protest. The cops can't just go around slashing everyone's tires because 'maybe' they're a rioter.

Protesting is a right. If the protesters are not doing it right, such as blocking emergency vehicles etc., then follow the law and give them citations or arrest them. The police DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to slash unknown people's tires. PERIOD. Many of the police have been downright stupid during these events, all over the nation, and I don't understand it. Following the law they expect everyone else to adhere to seems to be foreign to them. LEAD BY EXAMPLE.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
Hmm, maybe they should be scattered to the wind. Wipe the slate clean, start over.

This makes zero sense.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

curfew and people attending the protest yet, that means they are illegally doing it since there was a law created to separate the peaceful protests from the rioters and looters at night. The people left are more apt to be the people doing the damage and looting after the curfew. The looters and arsonists hide among the peaceful protestors for a long time trying to find chaotic recruits then startto cause chaos late in the day. The good protesters then leave after the riots start.

Most of the cars they slashed the tires on were rentals according to the OP, rentals are usually out of town people or people who do not want their own cars damaged. I doubt if the rental car company would rent a car to a person if they told them they were going to a protest where there are riots, so most people lied about their destination I feel. I hope those people bought the supplementary insurance when they rented the cars.

The police are probably under order to immobolize those cars and they do not have the equipment to do it....so they used plan B

edit on 9-6-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Most of the cars they slashed the tires on were rentals according to the OP, rentals are usually out of town people or people who do not want their own cars damaged.

Yeah, driven by the press:

The police seemed to target vehicles that had been specifically identified as rentals driven by members of the media, who were permitted to be out past the introduced city curfew.

Apologist.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The tires were uncooperative and appeared to be in a drugged, dazed state.

I know there are wonderful police officers out there... I wish the three of them would start marching with the people.

I'm sick of our police state and would risk freedom if given the opportunity.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

* I bet they will contact the owner and tell him what happened
* It is on video so the owner would win a case if the police denies it.
* The police are not doing this for fun and giggles.
* They are there to stop people from destroying the city, so me and you can enjoy it.. and go shopping.

So the police don't have time to boot the cars or run plates but they have time to contact the owners after the riots and tell them they slashed their tires?
You're basically saying every car owner there was just charged with a pre-crime.

Maybe you should stick to looking at dragons and hamsters embedded in Mars rocks.

edit on 9-6-2020 by ShadowLink because: Edit: Fogot quote.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well, gee...
Just think how much pain and suffering could have been avoided if they had used plan b, or a even with fields car!!!

I think yous will come up with any lame excuse to justify vandalism when its shown not to be caused by those liberal troublemakers.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Why would the press use rental cars? You would think they would use their own cars there. Anyway, I wouldn't take my own car to a big protest, it might get trashed. When I was young and liked going to protests....to meet girls of course since I had no real interest in the stupid things the protests were about...I took my car and the cops always took the license numbers of the cars down around our town. I regret not going to any Tree hugger protests because they actually had something I agreed with that they were protesting. Most people at the protests just want something to do, want to meet people, want some excitement in their life.... They want others to think they are better than they really are, they do it for self gain....that is the way it is. I know this from doing that kind of crap back forty years ago.

And, how were the police supposed to know that a rental car was being rented by the press?

edit on 9-6-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Why would the press use rental cars? You would think they would use their own cars there. Anyway, I wouldn't take my own car to a big protest, it might get trashed.

Sounds like you answered your own question.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Well, gee...
Just think how much pain and suffering could have been avoided if they had used plan b, or a even with fields car!!!

I think yous will come up with any lame excuse to justify vandalism when its shown not to be caused by those liberal troublemakers.

I never said I agree with the cops slashing tires, I am just saying they probably had a reason for doing it. And I am saying it is probably legal for a cop to do that if they are trying to stop looters from escaping. I sure wouldn't want my tires slashed, but then again I would never have stayed past the curfew when I was doing that kind of stuff. None of the things I ever protested in ever had any destruction of any properties, they were peaceful protests and most of us went out to the bars afterwards.. They have known for many decades that people need to work or they wind up getting into protesting and stuff. So What the hell did the government start putting people out of work for with this covid thing, I hope the government learned it's lesson from this stupid thing they did...plus almost every death was a covid death to make the numbers look more convincing. What kind of a stupid social experiment was that. They did it worldwide, what a bunch of fools our countries have elected to look over the governments.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Why would that not be a good answer.... I'm sure that cop didn't carry them in his pocket.

Another poster who seems to think it's ok to use what ever comes to hand instead of what was designed for the job?
So a cop doesn't have enough hand cuffs to detain peaceful protesters or TV or internet reporters, is it ok to start shooting them instead?!

So there's no other way to do this without causing damage to some ones property. If you or I was to do this we would arrested for causing criminal damage.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

And I am saying it is probably legal for a cop to do that if they are trying to stop looters from escaping.

So, they id'd cars that belonged to specific looters?

Or, just randomly slashed tires?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I kind of doubt if slashing someone's tires could be considered legal.... even if a cop is the one slashing.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join