It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows Minneapolis cops slashing tires of Medical Workers.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Videos from a May 31 Black Lives Matter protest in Minneapolis, Minnesota show police officers wearing heavy tactical gear slashing the tires of multiple parked vehicles, with some officers allegedly targeting members of the media.

Mother Jones has compiled many of the clips into a compilation video, clearly showing police stabbing the tires of parked private vehicles.

These acts of petty vandalism by the police obviously didn’t just impact protesters, though. At the time, many medical workers and members of the press covering the protest returned to their car on the street or their rental car in a lot to find all four wheels flat.

I also have to point out that the police only justified their curfew and presence due to looting and rioting, the very sort of petty crime they’re committing against peaceful individuals.

The police seemed to target vehicles that had been specifically identified as rentals driven by members of the media, who were permitted to be out past the introduced city curfew

Video shows Minneapolis cops slashing tires of Medical Workers.

Just wow!!
I've seen a lot of posters blaming this kind of bad behaviour on groups like BLM, ANTIFA, even out of towners and Democrats but to see the police attack medical carers cars like this, it makes you wonder what else were they doing and blaming on other groups??
There may be only "a few bad apples" as a lot people like saying but if everybody else just stands around and watches it's no wonder murder by the authorities in broad day light is happening, when will you all wake up and see what is being do to a once Great country by it leaders and people in authority, no wonder some people and groups think protesting is all they have left.

The police later claimed that they'd slashed the tyres to stop the vehicles from being used as weapons?! If that was the case, had none of the heard of wheel clamps??

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

God Bless it....

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Isn’t their job to get people OUT of the city when they are rioting.

This act just keeps the people there, and pisses them off even more.

I’m trying to understand the logic here...

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Why is the breaking news ?

This is standard tactic in a hot situation where cars can be used as potential weapons against your teammates.
They do not want to risk someone with a key jumps into the car when they walked by and runs into them from behind.
Clamps... oh please, in a situation like this.. they are not going to carry clamps around and waste time on that.
This is normal and this is quick and effective, and the car owner will get refunded when that party is over.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Isn’t their job to get people OUT of the city when they are rioting.

No. It's to stop the rioting, not destroy people's private property.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
This is normal and this is quick and effective, and the car owner will get refunded when that party is over.

Yeah, it's a victimless crime since no one pays for it, right?

Apologist.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Jesus, what the hell is going on in the USA, the authorities are out of control at the moment, why would anyone in charge make this decision, why on earth would anyone carry it out.

Some sensible leadership is required ASAP, hope they will be made to pay for the damage to property

Normal in what way, has it been done before,elsewhere?
edit on 9-6-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: question

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
They do not have that many wheel clamps to start putting them on all the vehicles. Also, they would spend a lot of time putting them on and later taking them off. I see no problem with that, if they did slash some medical workers tires, I would bet some of those workers were out there protesting. I know three medical workers around here that were out protesting. Getting exposed to possible covid then bringing it back to the hospital or nursing home is not civility at all. They should lose their job, covid is not over yet. How would you like it if you went to the hospital and wound up with covid because a nurse was out protesting?

You would think that News Reporters would need to get proper permitting to be able to film a protest or riots. They should also get a permit to put on their dash so that the cops will know who's car it is.

At least the cops aren't torching the cars like the rioters are.

I see nothing wrong with peaceful protests, but the people protesting are blocking emergency vehicles from doing their job all over, the right to peaceful protest does not give you the right to endanger someone elses life. If an ambulance is delayed even fifteen minutes because of a protest and the person dies, those protestors are contributing to the manslaughter of a person.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

There a ton officers there, did none of them have a vehicle or a radio to call in a vehicle, were they not able to check ownership and go " Ohh, they must work in that big building there, I think it's called a hos..pit..al or something!!!"

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You would think that News Reporters would need to get proper permitting to be able to film a protest or riots.

Proper permitting? What TF are you on about? It's the First Amendment, FFS.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, it's a victimless crime since no one pays for it, right?

Apologist.

Jeesh.. they are just doing their job in a situation with lots of people trying to hurt them.
And the tires will get payed for by the state.
A car is a potential weapon, would you like to walk in front of a parked car while 1000 of people throws bombs at you and yell f*** the police.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Jeesh.. they are just doing their job in a situation with lots of people trying to hurt them.

It should never 'be their job' to intentionally destroy people's property.

Oh, yeah, and who's the state? The taxpayers. More money out of our pockets for dumb ass behavior.

A car is a potential weapon, would you like to walk in front of a parked car while 1000 of people throws bombs at you and yell f*** the police.

Wow, aren't we just a tad overly hysteric today.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

There a ton officers there, did none of them have a vehicle or a radio to call in a vehicle, were they not able to check ownership and go " Ohh, they must work in that big building there, I think it's called a hos..pit..al or something!!!"

No time to look into civilian information while under attack.
And if some random name pops up.. not sure if it say where they work.
And even if it did.. someone could steal his car and use it.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I’d be willing to bet a G that you’re wrong about this.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It should never 'be their job' to intentionally destroy people's property.

Oh, yeah, and who's the state? The taxpayers. More money out of our pockets for dumb ass behavior.

Wow, aren't we just a tad overly hysteric today.

Well if you have a better advice for the police that is more effective I would like to hear.
Something quick and effective that will not damage the car ?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

People have a right to peaceful protest and if they did it as safely as possible to avoid covid then good for them.
You seem to be giving the "OK" for the police to act like this, they don't have the right to act like the "rioters", they should be there to keep the peace and carrying a few wheels clamps seems like a logical thing to do is this kind of situation?

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Well if you have a better advice for the police that is more effective I would like to hear.
Something quick and effective that will not damage the car ?

The solution is not to damage people's property. If they're scared for their lives get a different friggin job, it comes with the territory.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I’d be willing to bet a G that you’re wrong about this.

You will loose that bet.
* I bet they will contact the owner and tell him what happened
* It is on video so the owner would win a case if the police denies it.
* The police are not doing this for fun and giggles.
* They are there to stop people from destroying the city, so me and you can enjoy it.. and go shopping.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

No time to look into civilian information while under attack.
And if some random name pops up.. not sure if it say where they work.
And even if it did.. someone could steal his car and use it.

If you took the time to watch the video you would have seen that the vehicles were parked on a car park and that the police were definitely not under attack.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Any police care to chime in on this?

Sounds made up to me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join