It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

POLITICS: Propaganda Report Finds Bias in Iraq Coverage

page: 4
0
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   


Originally posted by soficrow
The real questions are - Just how far do we let this go? Should we hold this administration to the spirit of the law, or not?


The fact of the matter is, its not "this administrations" fault, its been happening since the beginning of human speech... The whole human psyche needs to be changed if one wanted to correct the problem at its most fundamental root...




posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

...So the real questions are - Just how far do we let this go? Should we hold this administration to the spirit of the law, or not?

...It may seem like a small distinction, but those laws are there to protect us. We need to know that if we let it go this time - the wall is well and truly breached.


i know we don't like one liners around here. if i could preface my one worder with a pile of unecesarry words...

obviously.


the spirit of the law is how the law was made, it's what's important about the law, and they didn't arrive at that law by voting it in when everyone was on christmas holidays, unlike some HIGHLY UNPOPULAR LAWS.

when there is even a remote chance that 'bush knew', 'they did it to themselves', 'they stole the election', 'they violated the constitution', 'they are doing dirty backroom deals', 'too much secrecy', 'oilwars', 'currency wars', 'police state', "TOTALITARIANISM", we should at least have a SERIOUS CIVILIAN INVESTIGATION into the rampant nepotism in monolithic corporate america.

if it walks like the bathwater, talks like the bathwater, it's a baby duck, and you should throw it out(i like mixing metaphors non-sequitorily, all right?).



posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   


Originally posted by billybob
When there is even a remote chance that 'bush knew', 'they did it to themselves', 'they stole the election', 'they violated the constitution', 'they are doing dirty backroom deals', 'too much secrecy', 'oilwars', 'currency wars', 'police state', "TOTALITARIANISM", we should at least have a SERIOUS CIVILIAN INVESTIGATION into the rampant nepotism in monolithic corporate america.


That would be too much effort for the McDonalds eating, TV watching, politically ignorant and socially introverted people of the United States of America...

'nough said...



posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
What totalitarianism?...

Dude, you can do things in here you can't do in many countries in the world.

And what the heck are you talking about "president Bush knew"...."they did it to themselves"...

President Bush knew what?.....

Who did what to themselves?....

[edit on 28-3-2005 by Muaddib]



posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   


Originally posted by Muaddib
What totalitarianism?...

Dude, you can do things in here you can't do in many countries in the world.


to·tal·i·tar·i·an:
Of, relating to, being, or imposing a form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life, the individual is subordinated to the state, and opposing political and cultural expression is suppressed:

“A totalitarian regime crushes all autonomous institutions in its drive to seize the human soul”
-- Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.

Think about the definition in detail before you say that the US is nothing of the sort...



posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Most people agree now that it "may have been the right thing to do" to free the Iraqi people. I wonder how many soldiers and contractors would still be alive if the American media would have actually helped them instead of distorting the truth. I'm not even talking about telling the truth here, I mean what if the American media had HELPED the military with this mission. Screw the world view and "I'm a journalist before I'm an American" thinking. How bout we win this thing and then you can talk about it. you'd think we would have learned something from Vietnam.



posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Originally posted by soficrow

...So the real questions are - Just how far do we let this go? Should we hold this administration to the spirit of the law, or not?

...It may seem like a small distinction, but those laws are there to protect us. We need to know that if we let it go this time - the wall is well and truly breached.


obviously





apparently not so obvious.

Safety is an illusion, but the price is freedom ...



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join