It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Mayor Now Pleading With Walmart And Other Companies Not To Leave The City

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

After the recent riots which saw multiple large stores looted, some retailers are having second thoughts about remaining in certain cities.

In Chicago, Mayor Lori Lightfoot has been talking to these retailers and asking them not to leave the city.

Not only do these companies make it possible for residents to get the things they need, they pay tons of taxes which the city relies on.

Go figure. Some people refusing to lie in the bed they made.

Same thing in Minneapolis.

Who in their right mind would risk hundreds of thousands of dollars, millions on a business knowing full well when it comes to politics?

They don't matter for snip.

And this story will be playing out across the country.

I guess that works out for defunding the police. They won't have the funds to pay for them anyway.

I retort.

You decide.

Let the Mazel Tov cocktails fly.

edit on 9-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This was bound to happen. When these companies decide not to rebuild their businesses, they will be labeled racist. I guarantee that they will. The woke crowd will look past the fact that they burned the last target down. Smh.

+32 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
All large business and manufacturing will be moving to red states.
It's inevitable.

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This is what my wife called on day 1. Not only the businesses but what about insurance rates for that area? Who in their right mind would write a policy for that area?
edit on 9-6-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

+40 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Love hearing it.

To those companies : Come to Small Town America. We'll not only welcome you with open arms, we don't get stupid and burn all your sh**.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It seems like now, whatever the ailment, racism is the answer. I mean, hell, it cured Corona!

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I live in a small town, we had about 12 to 15 people gather outside the church, the police came and they all said a prayer, spoke a few words, then all went to eat together. Nothing burned or looted. Now that's a peaceful protest.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

To those companies : Come to Small Town America. We'll not only welcome you with open arms, we don't get stupid and burn all your sh**.

all but walmart, stay your azz away.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
These big retail stores that were looted, I see no way they can re-open from a strictly business standpoint. The cons far out way the pros.

Willing to bet they had problems way before the looting and destruction with actual employee theft being sky high. And how is their in store security going to deal with the new found boldness of mob attacks. No answer for it. The liability is too high. They will be getting sued by customers, employees for inability to provide safety.

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have been saying that they would scream when the stores left.

Serves em right.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
All these Corrupt Cities (States too) need to be really examined ... They tend to support promote the UN policies/agendas rather than keeping American citizens safe and building a better future...
Who can blame anyone from wanting to leave CHICAGO ...

Chicago suffers deadliest day in 60 years with 18 murders in 24 hours

There is a commonality here .... Detroit, New York, Atlanta ... etc...etc...etc....

edit on 692020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

all but walmart, stay your azz away.

Gotta say though, lost my radio gig to budget cuts in January, dictator Cuomo cancelled all my sound/theater gigs. Walmart hired me in 3 hours of applying. Just shy of $15 an hour, full time.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Maybe when all is said and done that's the major change the protests and COVID lockdowns have brought upon themselves, businesses leaving cities in droves. The loss of tax revenues and jobs will further cripple cities, throw in a percentage that can now be able to work from home, more and more will not move to just the burbs but even farther out in rural areas to get away from the blight. I know that's exactly what I'm working on doing myself, setting it up to only have to go to the city a few days out of the year if that.
edit on 9-6-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

ChiCom mayor pleading with chinamart not to leave Chi-cacca (Cacca is Italian).
LMAO!

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

doesn't matter, walmart has done more damage to people's lively hood than any other business in the country.

there's no telling how many people have been put out of business because of their practices. in some places people have no choice but to shop there, because other small stores had to close.

edit on 9-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If they want them to stay, they should pay for the riot waiver on their policies.
Most stores do not have protection for civil riot and looting as it is way to expensive, especially smaller stores/retailers.
They are looking at total losses and no coverage.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Liberals really have a hard time connecting dots. They simply cannot connect past policies with present day situations. It is a mental defect in their thinking.

For many years, Wal-Mart was not in the city limits of Chicago because of the local politicians were in the pockets of the unions. They wouldn't let Wal-Mart open unless they agreed to unionize or pay certain wages. The crazy thing is Wal-Mart would literally have thousands of people lining up for jobs. They finally managed to get some agreement worked out. Wal-Mart opened on the west side of the city in one of the worst neighborhoods, Austin.

The store is packed at all times. It literally is like the only significant retail in the area.

Many of these activists complain about retail deserts in poor neighborhoods. However, the one thing they can't seem to grasp is that businesses don't locate to these areas due to crime and cost of doing business. These riots are exactly why no right thinking business would locate in these zoos.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Wasn't it during the Obama years that Walmart was trying to open in Chicago and Mayor Emmanual was blocking them from it right and left so they opened in some of the burbs, but in Chicago proper?

DId he change his stance or were these those Walmarts not in Chicago proper that got looted out?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Maybe when all is said and done that's the major change the protests and COVID lockdowns have brought upon themselves, businesses leaving cities in droves. The loss of tax revenues and jobs will further cripple cities, throw in a percentage that can now be able to work from home, more and more will not move to the burbs but even farther out in rural areas to get away fro the blight. I know that's exactly what I'm working on doing myself, setting it up to only have to go to the city a few days out of the year if that.

The riots and Covid lockdown may have destroyed the gentrification and improvement that has taken place in urban areas over the past 25 years. People will be seriously reconsidering living in cities.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Of course they're going to leave the urban areas now! What the hell did these city leaders think was going to happen?! If companies don't feel safe on top of being taxed to death, they're going to leave. These leaders don't even realize that these companies as well as the hard working people in these communities have ZERO obligation to stay. Freakin morons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join