It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough Symbolism Already!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Vote For Mee... Pinocchio, The Great Can Tell Better Lies Than A Politician. Free Of Charge

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Dumbmocrats don't like salsa and soul, they only dance to ballots... *nudge nudge wink wink*

AND

No! If you were not there to sign the declaration of independence.... you're not part of the package deal!
*nudge nudge wink wink*

AND

Some-bullism... It's a sign of the times. Get use to it.
*nudge nudge wink wink*

AND

Don't tread on me... I have rites of my own.
*nudge nudge wink wink*

AND

Does this ever get old... Or am I just new to the beat?
*nudge nudge wink wink*

If you vote for Mee... Beware. I do lie. ALOT!
First lie of my campaign is my slogan. See Below:

"If You Vote For Me, I Will Veto All Your Attempts To Oust Me In The Next Campaign!"
*nudge nudge wink wink* "Or Is It!?!"

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Honestly...
Things Are Pretty Rough All Around Right Now For Many. I'm not trying to be insensitive. Just thought I would try to put smirk on some of you fellows...

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
BTW: I Am A Democrat Because I Believe In The Sole Principle That Parents Deserve Their Voice. So... I Press On For Them. BUT... As A Pinocchio... I Must Say: "My Avatar Is Democratic!"

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

yeah.

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Must have been an epic rap battle.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

As they say in Japanese slang
Moii!

First of all, that's not what they say. Second of all, it's not slang. Third of all, it's "mou ii", not "moii". Someone forgot to put a space and use the little line on top of the o, didn't they?

You COULD maybe write it as 'mō ii', if you want, but even then, there's a space, as that's TWO words, not one. "Mou" means 'already' and 'ii' simply means 'good'.

もういい、もう良い、モウイイ are few ways to write this.

There's often also a 'tone' that's important when you say it, and it's often an expression of frustration and giving up than an attempt to control the discussion or narrative or anything anyone else is saying.

This is similar to the usual saying, 'kekkou desu' (結構です), which was used historically unironically to describe delicious food, for example (they still teach this as good manners where etiquette matters).

'Kekkou' simply means 'good' and 'desu' means 'is'.

So Japanese language and culture has many similar sayings based on something being good. Sometimes 'kekkou desu' means 'no, thanks', depending on the context, situation and tone, so you really need to be able to 'read the atmosphere'. Those that can't, are called 'KY's, for 'kuuki yomenai' (空気読めない)(can't read the 'air' or 'atmosphere').

You could research a bit more before making claims, or perhaps NOT learn your japanese from anime..

edit on 28-9-2021 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join