It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large object observed through telescope near LUNAR moon.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Any ideas as to what is being observed?

Planet?
Image artifact?
No clue?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

it seems too similar to the moon in shape/tone/etc not to be an artifact, but the fact that they zoom in on it means it's not lens trickery... but if there WAS a gigantic object near the moon like that we'd be seeing billions of videos of it SO yeah idk

interesting one!

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   

could it be a result of an impact ?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Dr UAE

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   

could it be another planet? venus?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
That looks like it might be Jupiter according to this link.

Nice video but what is a 'dealing with the moon moon'? It is Luna or the Moon. Lunar means dealing with or related to the Moon. Luna means Moon. You might want to edit the title if there is still time.

This image is from the link site and is of the position of the Moon on June 8, 9, and 10 relative to Saturn and Jupiter.

edit on 6 9 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   

with no evidence for any claims made - i CBA making any effort

zero data - time ?

it claims a date - but ...............

zero commentary

false claim - the footage does not use a telescope

music [ in part 2 ] why ?????????????????

my suspicion = a historic event falsely presented as " new "

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This has appeared on facebook and twitter supposedly live for the last 2months at least. So the given time/date is not correct, as for what it is i have no idea?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
i have seen/observed the moon in daylight and afternoon very often these past weeks and i haven't seen or noticed anything out of the ordinary let alone an object this huge.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Moon Fart?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Perhaps Jupiter, but then again.. I do not think it would show up that big, and it does not resemble a planet.
Looks more like a plume of sorts, impact, or geological activity on the moon.
But then again.. could be fake since we only have one report on this, lots should have seen it.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Obviously that's a moonflare, cme inbound!!

a reply to: beyondknowledge

Too big for it to be a planet, there also wasn't any conjunction between the moon and a planet of the solar system.
Here is a comparison between the size of the moon, Jupiter and Saturn taken at the same focal lengths, 432mm with 1,2mp camera(3,75µm pixel size)

edit on 9-6-2020 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Had considered a possible Moon quake.
There are some old seismometers up there from past Apollo missions. Wouldn't doubt new equipment to monitor Moon quake and impact activities as well exist.

The Apollo 11 seismometer returned data for just three weeks but provided a useful first look at lunar seismology. More advanced seismometers were deployed at the Apollo 12, 14, 15, and 16 landing sites and transmitted data to Earth until September 1977.

Each of these seismometers measured all three components of ground displacement (up-down, north-south, and east-west).

moon.nasa.gov...

It would be interesting to see current Moon quake or Lunar impact data.

It appears the individual that captured the image lucked up and was observing the moon at the right time to retrieve the video, this is why not many others have captured the activity at the same time as this observer...

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Love that video I love it

I think the phase of the moon is pretty close to being recent possibly recent... but something was wrong it's as if he's in the southern hemisphere
edit on 9-6-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Agree. If this was real, it would be in the news. It's also not another planet (e.g. Venus) as it's too big. Other planets typically appear as bright stars in the night sky.

My guess is that it’s a camera lens issue, a software issue, lend smudge, or a cloud etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Seemed like it moved around a little bit

Fun stuff

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Interesting. If faked, a tad dull and inconclusive.

Things hit the Moon. Strikes can cause plumes and glows at night. By day it would look like a cloud, or like that. It's rare to see from Earth, but there are numerous recordings throughout history. If so, this was a big 'un.

If not an asteroid strike, which is noteworthy from the size of that plume, then ... dunno ... huge industrial accident? Massive nuclear strike against Moon nazi's or alien overlords?

One could guess all day ... but interesting.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

it seems too similar to the moon in shape/tone/etc not to be an artifact, but the fact that they zoom in on it means it's not lens trickery... but if there WAS a gigantic object near the moon like that we'd be seeing billions of videos of it SO yeah idk

interesting one!

Yes. It does look something like an upside-down mirrored Moon. Plus it seemed to move (back and forth/up and down) separately relative to the Moon as the camera moved.

Are there camera experts that can speak to the possibility of this being some type of internal camera reflection artifact?

edit on 6/9/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

Still a UFO since we don't know what they are doing with it.
For at least the last 500 years no-one would use Mars in a lunar distance calculation to determine longitude?
Might be an interesting historical explanation.
(No beer just sunflower seeds)

www.fox10phoenix.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
Obviously that's a moonflare, cme inbound!!

a reply to: beyondknowledge

Too big for it to be a planet, there also wasn't any conjunction between the moon and a planet of the solar system.
Here is a comparison between the size of the moon, Jupiter and Saturn taken at the same focal lengths, 432mm with 1,2mp camera(3,75µm pixel size)
It's a little out of focus so that can make things look bigger when out of focus, and actually there was a conjunction of sorts on June 8th where Jupiter and Saturn got close, but not that close, so I'm thinking artifact of some kind. Other people photographed the moon on June 8th and there was no large object that close in appearance to the moon, but you can see Jupiter and Saturn in this video. This video isn't great but it's good enough to show where Jupiter and Saturn were relative to the moon, so I think we can probably rule those planets (or any other planets) out.

Conjunction of Moon, Jupiter and Saturn. 8th June 2020

So if you see any large object next to the moon, if it's not also seen by other observers of the moon at the same time, you're probably not looking at a real large object near the moon because other people would also see it if that's what it was.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join