It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe we should de-fund the Police.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Their response time to the rioting and looting was abysmal at best.

Days.

Leaving their cars unprotected to the point that a veteran had to stop looters from taking the weapons out of it.

The stores destroyed.

It really doesn't sound like they can do a whole lot to stop it.

In fact it has scared the political establishment of these areas so bad that they have been coming up with some of the most stupid political decisions that any politician has ever made.

In fact, if one was so inclined to start a movement to push back with "protests" of their own we have all witnessed that nothing could be done to stop it.

Could you even imagine the movement, if the silent majority said enough is enough. They could make this whole country kneel.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
In fact, if one was so inclined to start a movement to push back with "protests" of their own we have all witnessed that nothing could be done to stop it.

Could you even imagine the movement, if the silent majority said enough is enough. They could make this whole country kneel.

Where does this grass grow? (hint: not so much in cities)

Soon.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Where does this grass grow? (hint: not so much in cities)

Soon.

Do you think the Federal Government will sanction these cities that cannot protect their citizens and declare them under siege from an internal enemy?
edit on 8-6-2020 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

No one would or could invade the United States anyways. The entire stipulation is preposterous.

pre·pos·ter·ous
/prəˈpäst(ə)rəs/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
contrary to reason or common sense; utterly absurd or ridiculous.

There's something called the Army, Navy, Air Force? The Second Amendment was created during a time when we didn't have that and had to fight the British with citizens. Now it's touted for self defense from criminals but make no mistake, you're never going to get to shoot anybody unless you're a rare statistic, kind of like an unlucky (or is it lucky?) lottery winner.

Nonetheless, carry your arms with pride, make your internet groups and memes, debate, or troll to your hearts desire whichever is your preferred hobby.

I'm not against the right to bear arms, I'm just stating really, really dry facts. Facts that are devoid of politics, devoid of left vs right. I could give a rats ass if you walk around with an open carry to feel and look a certain type of way. When I see those odd few in public, I'm pretty much indifferent. "Well there's someone who isn't going to get robbed, not that I'm going to get robbed either anyways". Unless of course my numbers come up on one of those unlucky lotteries.

I sure hope one of those open carry guys with a pistol on his hip is somewhere in Wal-Mart when the terrorists siege it in black ninja uniforms and start killing everyone.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

There's something called the Army, Navy, Air Force? The Second Amendment was created during a time when we didn't have that and had to fight the British with citizens.

Don't forget, also to defend ourselves against a tyrannical trying to take away those rights. And they have been trying way to hard lately.

Now it's touted for self defense from criminals but make no mistake, you're never going to get to shoot anybody unless you're a rare statistic, kind of like an unlucky (or is it lucky?) lottery winner.

Not any longer, have you noticed what is happening in the U.S. these days? It gotten to the point that tyranny is rising it's ugly head once again.

I could give a rats ass if you walk around with an open carry to feel and look a certain type of way. When I see those odd few in public, I'm pretty much indifferent. "Well there's someone who isn't going to get robbed, not that I'm going to get robbed either anyways". Unless of course my numbers come up on one of those unlucky lotteries.

How would you feel if all adult citizens was packing fully auto's? At least everyone would have the same chance.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Do you think the Federal Government will sanction these cities that cannot protect their citizens and declare them under siege from an internal enemy?

Tough call, but I think, "Nope." I's more likely the state Governor's problem to deal with ... as well as the people that chose to live there.

Cities in America have become like corporations alway have been: Leeches. The hands that have been in our pockets will get lopped off by the taxpayers (if the dims keep moving in this direction). What happens if there aren't enough tourniquets available?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Your entire post was just an appeal to emotion.

Not even a very good one, tbh.

I open carry all the time.

The reason I do is not because I'm some trigger-happy lunatic hoping to shoot someone.

The reason is because it doesn't make me appear to be a soft target as a woman alone to some thug or thugs that would otherwise see an opportunity.

Trust me... it doesn't make me feel like I have a bigger penis, which is all you are trying to portray.

Badly.

edit on 8-6-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Squirrel talk.. I can dig it.

(um.. this is weird)

Yeah, I live in the Grande Ole Commonwealth. I made that up but our motto is Sic Semper Tyrannis which means "this to all tyrants" as I'm sure you know. The image is a couple of men in togas standing over a Caesar figure with a spear or trident on him.

When I moved here as a child (from St. Louis area) I thought it was awesome. Ironically, it goes hand in hand with violence on police who use excessive force, accidentally kill people, or anyone who's corrupt and empowered. Only I could draw that comparison and I can already see my star count going up for it, lol.

Unfortunately, they have many hundreds of thousands of men with semi and fully automatic guns, tanks, jets, intelligence that goes so hard it's classified, and untold amounts of training. I don't think armed citizenry could ever have a chance against them however much they are trained and equipped, much like we've seen for the past 2 decades in the Middle East fighting terrorist, insurgent and rebel groups. Hell, even the armies we help equip and lend our tactics and technology to can do take care of it now. We don't even have to really be there.

In summary, on a basic level it does actually feel good to know good people in my neighborhood are armed to some extent, despite being completely unorganized and primarily concerned for their property and families, but they'd shoot me just as quickly as anyone else because I was walking past their property during a SHTF scenario.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think defunding the police would be a great social experiment. Lets get rid of the police in Chicago, LA, NYC and Minneapolis and when they turn into utopias then we will know.

edit on 8-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Well, I'm glad you feel safe and not a target. You felt the opposite but the open carry fixes that.

I think females have more reasons to do it than men do, way more reasons now that I think about it.

But yeah, if I felt threatened for any reason regarding other, random people whether it was justified or irrational, I'd definitely do it. Problem solved.
edit on 8-6-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

The reason is because it doesn't make me appear to be a soft target as a woman alone to some thug or thugs that would otherwise see an opportunity.

Trust me... it doesn't make me feel like I have a bigger penis, which is all you are trying to portray.

Hey I'm 6'5" 270 lbs and I carry concealed, don't want to upset the woke in my super liberal city, but with my 3 decades of military experience I know the limits of what one person can or can not do and you only need that one time in your life you need to protect yourself, hopefully its just one time, or never.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Do it, don't do it. Won't matter on a site full of flip-floppers who decried the militarization of the police and used it as justification for the second amendment who are now suddenly huge fans of militarized police because black people = scary thugs
edit on 6/8/2020 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Lumenari

Hey I'm 6'5" 270 lbs and I carry concealed, don't want to upset the woke in my super liberal city, but with my 3 decades of military experience I know the limits of what one person can or can not do and you only need that one time in your life you need to protect yourself, hopefully its just one time, or never.

My wife and I together do not weigh what you do... LOL

So force multipliers are pretty important for me.

We were thinking of going to Spokane later in the month and were watching the video of the guy in Seattle that had to shoot a rather large man that was punching him in the face while he was in his car.

That man could kill me pretty easily with a well-placed punch.

But the left is uncomfortable with me having a gun and would rather I just carried mace or something.

Sorry lefties, until you get your goons under control that is NOT going to happen.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
My city is almost 50/50 black and white. We had curfews for a weekend, some protesting, but at work and everywhere I go like grocery stores or gas stations employed by and frequently mostly by black people, I haven't had any hate, racism, dirty looks or anything thrown at me. It's business as usual, everyone focused on their lives as always.

I work with almost all black people at a restaurant and it barely gets brought up or mentioned. Most days since this started it's never on the radar, not even a blip in my entire day.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

edit on 8-6-2020 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
defunding police will only give trump more of a reason to deploy the military for real, people better be careful what they ask for...

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Or the flip floppers who just weeks ago demonized an old man because he wanted to open his business before he lost everything but now care nothing about why he was demonized for it....because you know, black lives matter and epidemics stand no chance against it.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
defunding police will only give trump more of a reason to deploy the military for real, people better be careful what they ask for...

Um....

Why would he even bother to do that ?

If he is the evil bastard that the left portray him as, then it would just make sense that he would offer, the Governors and Mayors would refuse...

Then a Democratic voter base purge would happen.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

that's the thing, legally governers have no say, all he has to do is declare a deadline the clear up the chaos in their state, if its not met the military can be deployed even if the governor refuses. it doesn't matter what posse comitatus says or what rights are written into the constitution, there's ways around everything for a president.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

that's the thing, legally governers have no say, all he has to do is declare a deadline the clear up the chaos in their state, if its not met the military can be deployed even if the governor refuses. it doesn't matter what posse comitatus says or what rights are written into the constitution, there's ways around everything for a president.

Umm...

You missed the part where if he does, it is entirely Constitutional and he has every right to do it...

The left will lose their damn minds, there will be a non-stop panel of experts on our media for months about orange man bad and another impeachment attempt...

In the middle of an election year, a pandemic and the current riots.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join