It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Backtracking begins: The WHO admits asymptomatic Covid transmission is very rare

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

edit on 9-6-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: tanstaafl

If they lied then they wouldn't have admitted it. But let me guess, they are just trying to cover their tracks right? Right?

Of course... I thought that would be obvious, so good on you for your powers of deduction.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I think a big, big part of the issue is that perception has been shaped almost entirely according to testing. Coupled with most people never actually following an outbreak of anything before, and increased granularity of data, it leads to thinking that things are unique.

If I had to venture a guess, most probably never even looked into any of this stuff before now. Maybe starting with that Ebola outbreak a little while back. So, even things that are very standard in the spread of pathogens are perceived as unique to this virus, and that is exacerbated by the media and an "all or nothing" approach.

Truly asymptomatic spread can happen, with this virus and others, but most can probably be chalked up to lack of self-awareness on the part of the individual.

Then, when we consider that testing only indicates presence of viral material ..and not presence of actually infectious, contagious full viral particles.. we get a situation that doesnt lend itself well to relevant knowledge.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam
That's right . Testing , the lack thereof or the supposed fallibility or reliableness is how the swine flu pandemic was covered up so everyone could carry on going through work and school without governments having Ng to worry about it. It started on 2009 and it wasn't until 2011 that it really got to the Western world , by which time it was already declared : over ' .
There was even a thread here on why are we all coughing so much ? In 2011 , most people didn't have a clue why. But it was swine flu for certain.
All this communal back patting and told you sos are way too early to say , all these posters are cherry picking data that suits them even when the op linked article says there's not even many asyptomatic cases . Which they were relying on to say that lockdowns had some hidden agenda . What hidden agenda , especially when the governments are very obviously desperate to reopen . That'slqck of asymptomatic s also means the death rate is high while that and the transmission rate are the most important signifiers of the true gravity of novel coronavirus.
Hearsay and unbacked claims don't cut it, nor does early reached conclusion. It's the summer here but numbers are still racking up in South Asia and Latin america. When the autumn and winter come round and we:re not on lockdown then we'll see what its got or not. It's lockdowns social distancing and masks and handwashing etcb that have done Corona figures the most damage , it's certainly NOT that it wasn't dangerous in the first place. They may say fearmongers or whatever , yada yada , a lot of overhopeful people deluding themselves collectively or deliberate naysayers .
They trust government figures and the media ( god knows why ) if it suits them and then not when it doesn't. And sometimes they've been fed horse# and they eat it up.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Well.. Lets be clear, testing doesnt actually change anything other than our knowledge of what is already happening.

I think its blatantly obvious there are deeper agendas at play, but that is neither here nor there. At the very least, there seems to be a massive effort to create confusion, which is something that certainly isnt specific to SARS-CoV-2, or even viruses.

It seems to me that the efficacy of lockdowns are more media & political talking points than scientific or medical. The overlap of the corporate-political sphere with medicine & science is probably one of the most destructive crossovers to have happened in modern times.

Until I see actual measures to improve public health, Im going to assume there are other motives at play and my level of trust will be proportional.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Here's where my mind was going with that...

Because the WHO has effectively determined this, countries that are testing based primarily on symptoms, old age, co-morbidities, etc..are going to continue to evade collecting the data we need to determine the Infection Fatality Rate.

There is a pervasive misconception that the Case Fatality Rate is the same thing as the Infection Fatality Rate. But, as grounded in fact as it is, the data is skewed if you are misunderstanding it, like that. Obviously, if you primarily test people based on symptoms, old age, co-morbidities, etc.. you are going to get a very high case fatality rate.

To compound matters, there are very, very few countries that have done/are doing widespread randomized testing.

Governments around the world are withholding this critical data from the people. Anyone that tries to use a larger sampling -- the entire world -- to tease out a better 'fatality rate,' are still just getting a scary-appearing case fatality rate.

So I feel the WHO is helping perpetuate in the withholding of the data people need and want with this curious 'backpedaling.'

Asymptomatic spreaders were a cornerstone to the tale of how this virus spread around the world.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

as I tell my neighbor about the property line, it is and always will be exactly where it is. No tears will make it move. And with the virus, the truth will be the truth, no matter what.

I'm at a loss as to why you feel it's wrong to be angry that we were given wrong information. You can still lick boots and be angry.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

My issue comes from the premise required to actually carry out widespread testing, as well as the massive, massive issues inherent to PCR tests. They are total garbage for diagnostic purposes and have been controversial in that application for decades.

I mean, this is the first time most people have even been all that concerned about any of it. Which, as far as I can tell, changing that perspective and keeping the change in perpetuity, was one of the main goals of the groups involved with Event 201 (alongside increased funding, naturally).

Is death rate, either IFR or CFR even relevant to the public at this stage of medicine? Sure, people want to be "informed," but that level of data granularity is pretty much brand new. To achieve meaningful region-specific data, rights will have to be dissolved.

Without actually building our houses into fully equipped biologically contained units, with decontamination chambers, air locks, and air & water disinfection.. Alongside fully automated deliveries (from central corporations, naturally).. There really isnt any escaping a typical pathogen. They move through the weather, the atmosphere, and even the jetstream around the world.

Many of the current measures will actually increase its effects, particularly with no actual measures or education to undo the damage the medical industry has done to the western world.

I would actually argue that the most effective approach for long term success is to base nearly everything off hospital occupancy and medical apparatus capacity. This is something we can actually monitor with a great deal of reliability. The buffer needed for time delay can be provided by temporary measures (like we did).

This accomplishes everything from avoiding cutting off our nose to spite our face (shutting down the world), cross-pathogen immune efficacy in the general population (the opposite of vaccines), immune system familiarity of the public (so-called "herd immunity"), is a general approach regardless of specific pathogen that isnt tied to our awareness (or lack thereof) of current spread.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I wanted to add on to this, because Id appreciate your thoughts

With our absolute laser focus on a single virus/disease, particularly with a reliance on testing, I think we run the very real risk of completely overlooking ..anything.. else that might be a public health concern.

I think that is exactly what happened all throughout the earlier months this year. I think it is largely due to some "controversial" factors, but it could just as easily be other illnesses or viruses too (or all of the above). I mean, what happens if two novel viruses spread through the population? We are so focused on one, treating and testing that, that we would just be baffled. Perhaps for much, much longer than we should be.

Given the relative prevalence of novel viruses, I dont think this is all that crazy of a concept. When we build our entire response as we have, it is very, very easy to become irrationally myopic.

That conversation extends right into things like mass disinfecting as well. I cant see that having any long term benefits, quite the opposite, but for a specific, short term threat it makes some sort of intuitive sense.

Personally, I fully expected a spike in illness as lockdowns were lifted. Our immune systems were largely compromised by everything from our approach to constant elevated stress levels. Thats with normal human behavior and movement..

With our total focus on covid, everything would have been filtered through that perception regardless of veracity. Now, we had a massive surge in human behavior and movement, more stress, etc. from protests/riots, plus a medical system that is in rough shape due to our decisions earlier in the year.

I believe its orchestrated, but even if it isnt, we seem to be continually making the decision to shoot ourselves in the foot all the while thinking we are doing the "right thing." Seems we so rely on these Authorities that we are totally confused when we are walking with a permanent limp.
edit on 9-6-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
a reply to: youcanttellthepeople

The burden on proof is on you for that one.

Sources?

True - it is. Trouble is, the comments from friends working in the profession I'm not exactly going to say who they are. I'm not a medical expert either - so I can't give specifics, which I realise sounds like I'm dodging the question but I'm not. What I can say is one friend in particular said some patients exhibited large amounts of organ damage - and it was definitely the virus causing it as he'd never seen anything like it in a cluster of patients in the same hospital - and they were all ventilated with Covid.

Death wise - I can do that. NHS England provide daily stats:

NHS Daily Death Statistics

Again, I'm pretty sure alot of people will just ignore/distrust them as they come from a governmental source, but hey - that's to be expected here isn't it!

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This probably isn't the right thread for my comment, but maybe it is. All the people you see protesting in videos, almost all of them are wearing masks, which tells me they are the ones believing the Covid lies, and these same people are the ones falling for the new lies creating the riots. The Sheeple will riot in the streets over anything you tell them, with their masks on.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: headcheck
This probably isn't the right thread for my comment, but maybe it is. All the people you see protesting in videos, almost all of them are wearing masks, which tells me they are the ones believing the Covid lies, and these same people are the ones falling for the new lies creating the riots. The Sheeple will riot in the streets over anything you tell them, with their masks on.

Yes and no.

The rioters also know they are likely to engage in criminal activity and a mask provides them a convenient means of hiding their identity. So the fact that we are oh-so-conveniently at a time and place in society where it has become a social norm to wear a mask for many is an exploitable convenience for them. They'd be wearing masks no matter how you sliced it or diced it, but this gives them an extra measure of cover to blend in because now those who are genuinely protesting will also likely be wearing masks which allows them to enter the crowds and mingle ahead of time.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

I think you mean protesters...

Give it a couple of weeks, and we'll see, because hospitalizations are already up from Memorial Day activities.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

What if the venilator was actually killing them not Covid

I remember reading somewhere recently that ventilators were doing such

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
WHO has backtracked on their backtrack . . .refers to communication confusion.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The Backtracking begins: The WHO admits asymptomatic Covid transmission is very rare

Wait til you read Chi-com 19's sex guidelines.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join