It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky To Provide 100 pct Health Coverage for Black Residents

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

It wouldn't work for obvious reasons.

I can claim to be a female and everyone would just need to accept it without question. I'm a 6'5" white guy, but I'm starting to "feel" like a black woman.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The left is going mad like Trump already has gone mad.

I do believe Willtell you are starting to see parts of the truth.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Our governor has lost his fricking mind! This is pure pandering!

Why don't we just give every black family an income for life, a brand new 3/2 split level ranch home, a new 4 door sedan and a free college education as well while we're at it... anything as long as the shootings, looting and vandalism stop! Lord forbid we should let the authorities enforce the law cuz... RACISTS!

Kentucky is BROKE with a capital B!!!! We were broke BEFORE they started giving everyone unemployment, medicaid and food stamps because of the Covid-19 bullsnip! There is NO MONEY! The state does not qualify for any more federal loans so there wont be any money!

If the SCOTUS doesn't put a stop to this racist crap we will be getting the eff out of Dodge! I never wanted to move back to Texas but at least everyone is treated equally there so it could happen!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: MRinder

I think they might get this past the Supreme Court and I am dead serious. Think of all the precedents.

Black pagents, black college funds, black colleges, etc...

I wonder how the 87% white population in KY is going to feel about this.

None of those are portrayed in their explaination as "rights" and none of them involve establishment of a new law.

Yeah but Obamacare forced Americans to buy products from private industry and was said not to be a tax. Then it passed through the Supreme Court as a tax.

Did you ever think you would see that #?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Groot

Let's agree that if/when the SHTF we have each others' backs, here. This is spiraling quickly.

We're armed for bear and have enough ammo and supplies to hold out for months. When it goes down c'mon... we got you!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Claim yourself as trans-racial if you are not black.

Image the lawsuit if they denied you!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I think I also heard they will be bringing back the Obama phone....

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Serious question...
If people can identify as a male or female or whatever...

Can I identify as black?
I feel the funk so I want to be half-rican American..

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: neo96
Kentucky To Provide 100 pct Health Coverage for Black Residents

That's not legal.

It's straight out cronyism.

What if everyone in Kentucky claims they are black?

If you can claim to be a girl with a penis don't see why you couldn't pretend to be black either.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
my my my. Aren't we triggered today....

Who's to say releasing some nonsense like this was never about actually doing said benefit but rather aimed at creating more division?

Think about it. Dangle that shiny carrot fully knowing it would never pass (SCOTUS or whomever will shut it down), meanwhile the public who would gain, with their hopes all high about getting free loot then receives the devastating blow when it's shot down. How do you think that reaction would play out? (hint: See Minneapolis)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Thank you! Good to know!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

How incredibly backward of them. A 1st world state actually offering fully subsidized healthcare coverage, like all the other 1st world nations!

The hide of them.

edit on 8/6/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Actually I'm all for the state deciding what they will do healthcare wise. Then the people of that state can pay for it and use it. I don't think they can say we will only help our black individuals, as that would be like saying we are only going to help our white individual.

I am pretty sure they can't do that.

If a state can't segregate, then they can't reserve goods and services for only one group and not another. Wasn't that the whole marriage equality battle was supposedly about? The claim being that any two people who love each other should not be denied and that putting the limit of man/woman was an artificial barrier like limiting by race?

Ummm...but all states already do...

They reserve...goods and services for minorities and women...that the majority male is excluded from...

Now...I’m not talking reproductive healthcare...or other such...I’m talking housing...small business startup grants...preferences in hiring...small business loans...etc...

That form of segregation and outright discrimination...goes on every day...and it’s sanctioned across the board by all levels of government...and corporations...

Which is fine...we white males are an entrepreneurial group...if ever there was one...

But for Gods sake...let’s at least be honest about the fact that discrimination and racism against the white male...is both policy...and the accepted norm...

Which is why it’s never brought up in any discussion of discrimination...and racism...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

100% coverage...
Isnt that what obamacare was supposed to do for everyone, regardless of skin color?
Maybe the person is just talking about spending a little more money reaching out to the african american community to help them navigate through the Obamacare application process?

Has anyone heard about the $7000 civid tests? Maybe they are figuring out that expanding the number of people who have their healthcare propped up by the govt is the only way the labs are gonna be able to get the kind of return that some lamebrained politician promised them.
Dont know... but pretty sure they cant really make skin color a primary consideration for qualification to the govt aid.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Serious question...
If people can identify as a male or female or whatever...

Can I identify as black?
I feel the funk so I want to be half-rican American..

Ummm...that’s...half-fricken...American...

For the record...

Criminal record...but record...nonetheless...

I get to say that...because I’m a victim of racism...and discrimination...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
a reply to: YouSir

Ummm...my pleasure...

Just trying to...correct the record...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

But it's not fully subsidized healthcare.... for everyone.
I would have no problem with that. But, here in america, they have a habit of coming up with neat ways to provide the fully subsidized healthcare to select groups while leaving others out in the cold and footing the bill.
Considering how much tax money the healthcare system has managed to collect over the decades, from helping the poor recieve care to research and development of new drugs and cures... hospitals and equipment, we should all be enjoying very affordable, if not free healthcare. The taxpayers have been the biggest investors.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Can white people identify as black people? If you are a man wanting to be a woman you might even get assistance with having a baby?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So, more racism. Cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join