It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky To Provide 100 pct Health Coverage for Black Residents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
www.wave3.com...

FRANKFORT, Ky. (WAVE) - Gov. Andy Beshear on Monday announced the state will begin working toward correcting inequalities in health care coverage across the state.

During his daily updates in Frankfort the last three months, Beshear has given a breakdown of the racial makeup of the state’s COVID-19 cases. Throughout the crisis, cases involving black patients have outpaced the state’s black population.

“We are gonna begin an effort to cover 100 percent of our individuals in our black and African-American communities,” the governor said. “We’re gonna be putting dollars behind it.”

More Unconstitutional bullsnip from these wackjob Stockholm Syndrome sufferers.

14th Amendment of the Constitution of the United States, Section 1: en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=The%20Equal%20Protection%20Clause%20is,equal%20protection%20of%20the%20laws%22.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Look, I realize the Constitution is just a goddamn piece of paper to these leftists freaks, they proved that when they cast it aside int their unarguably fascist responses to Coronavirus in march... but when the entire backbone of your protest is equal protection under the law, it sort of takes a very special degree of retardation to address the alleged systemic shortcomings weighed against the equal protection clause by bluntly and directly violating the same clause.

It is not legal... of course the ruiners of family photos, daddy's little disappointments currently comprising these ridiculous protests and the equally ridiculous apologists and enablers cheering them on will fail to see their Tyranny of the Asses will lead the pendulum to swing violently in the opposite direction in the not too distant future, because that's how pendulums work.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So if that become law, I'd pretty quickly no longer be living in Kentucky if I could help it.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Actually I'm all for the state deciding what they will do healthcare wise. Then the people of that state can pay for it and use it. I don't think they can say we will only help our black individuals, as that would be like saying we are only going to help our white individual.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Actually I'm all for the state deciding what they will do healthcare wise. Then the people of that state can pay for it and use it. I don't think they can say we will only help our black individuals, as that would be like saying we are only going to help our white individual.

I am pretty sure they can't do that.

If a state can't segregate, then they can't reserve goods and services for only one group and not another. Wasn't that the whole marriage equality battle was supposedly about? The claim being that any two people who love each other should not be denied and that putting the limit of man/woman was an artificial barrier like limiting by race?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I honestly don't see anything like this flying in the SCOTUS for that exact reason. If KY wishes to go full retard and pay for EVERYONE'S health care, then they likely can get away with that within the framework of the Constitution... but basing it on race, religion, political affiliation, gender, etc isn't going to fly unless we just go ahead and officially go with the idea that the Constitution is a thing of convenience only and contains nothing that is actually sacrosanct against the fascists in government, in which case the Republic that document secures is also gone IMO and it is time for we states to go our separate ways.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
More discrimination and categorizing by Democrats for 100% political campaign purposes

😃🐷

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The article is scant on details so is he saying complete healthcare or the cost of covid patients? Either way it's illegal but I'm curious.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I just became black! Now my life matters and I get free healthcare. Yayyyyyyy me!

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Some day black people will get tired of being told they are not capable of success in life without whiteys help.
Standards have been lowered.
Quotas have been set.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Ummm. . . . isn't that. . . . racist?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So if that become law, I'd pretty quickly no longer be living in Kentucky if I could help it.

My first thought as a Kentuckian!

I just shouted to my husband, that is it, we have got to get out.

ETA: I can't keep up with my own medical bills! They get prioritized last! I have medical care debt!
edit on 6/8/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Just keep lowering standards.

Eventually, you make them low enough everyone can succeed.

However, that does explain why so few people can understand basic stats any more.

Math requirements can also be stumbling blocks for undergrads who receive preferential admission or who, for other reasons, are poorly prepared for college. Shannon Watkins of the Martin Center reports that in the University of North Carolina system, 26 percent of students earned a “D,” “F,” or “W” (a withdrawal) in mathematics and statistics courses between fall 2015 and spring 2018.

In response, predictably, North Carolina university leaders have decided to create alternate pathways for students who find gateway and entry-level math courses, like college algebra, too difficult:

To get more students through entry-level math classes, in early 2018, the UNC system established the UNC System Math Pathways Task Force, a system-wide initiative to change general education math requirements to make them more “applicable and equitable.”

Guess what:

[L]ike so many of the initiatives the academic staff in the system office push forward, the Math Pathways task force’s recommendations are a de facto lowering of standards.

Of course, UNC’s academic staff don’t see the proposed changes as a lowering of standards. They argue that classes like college algebra simply don’t “align” with many students’ career goals. Why, for example, should drama or history students have to grapple with something as “irrelevant” as algebra?

You can't do math because you never learned it, so instead of teaching you or failing you when you don't learn, we lower the standards to pass you on.

Like I've said today in another thread, this is such a defeatist attitude. It helps no one. Instead of making sure we lift people up, we instead enable them to remain on the bottom and just lower everyone else down to that level.

edit on 8-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

The article is scant on details so is he saying complete healthcare or the cost of covid patients? Either way it's illegal but I'm curious.

www.wcpo.com...

Beshear, saying he believes healthcare is a right, pledged his administration will work toward "100% coverage" for Kentucky's African American population, whether it is through Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance.

Seems to be complete healthcare and, truth be told, his above quote should be what makes this a slam dunk for whoever sues Kentucky if the law passes. He says "Health care is a Right." OK, then by definition any law that bestows a Right onto less than 100% of the entire population is discriminatory and Unconstitutional. Obviously there are some exceptions to that, but they are issues like abortion in which the actual right can only be exercised by women. Seems like any human being could argue that health care is usable by them, meaning anything that bestows it as a provided right at the taxpayer's expense, but basing qualification on race is clearly illegal.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
In fact, both my husband and myself have family medical histories that put us at great risk for cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes. Not everyone is at as much risk as us! Where's my free healthcare?
edit on 6/8/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Kentucky To Provide 100 pct Health Coverage for Black Residents

That's not legal.

It's straight out cronyism.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I think they might get this past the Supreme Court and I am dead serious. Think of all the precedents.

Black pagents, black college funds, black colleges, etc...

I wonder how the 87% white population in KY is going to feel about this.

edit on 8-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Gosh, paying for the healthcare of American citizens is an outrage! But the continued drone bombing of people in foreign lands, including american citizens, oh that's just dandy. I mean, I'd rather the former but hey, priorities for some.

Look, I realize the Constitution is just a goddamn piece of paper to these leftists freaks,

But it's not Trump and his ilk right? Like using government action against private media? Or setting the military on peaceful protests? But you're blowing a gasket on the fact blacks are going to be given healthcare.

Right.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

They're out of control. Everyone ... and I mean every other state official other than Beshear ... is a Republican. If they don't throw his butt out of office ...

This was the Democrat's plan for Health Care under o-bozo, and I'm sure everyone knew it.

"Hey, we're gonna tax the crap out of you people earning money ... and give it over to our voters ... in a different form."

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Nothing Big Or New (Just the usual DNC Yap):

www.wcpo.com...

FRANKFORT, Ky. — Following days of protests against the March police killing of Breonna Taylor in Louisville, Gov. Andy Beshear's administration released a list of changes in the healthcare, education and justice sectors on Monday.

Beshear, saying he believes healthcare is a right, pledged his administration will work toward "100% coverage" for Kentucky's African American population, whether it is through Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance.
edit on 8-6-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

I think they might get this past the Supreme Court and I am dead serious. Think of all the precedents.

Black pagents, black college funds, black colleges, etc...

I wonder how the 87% white population in KY is going to feel about this.

None of those are portrayed in their explaination as "rights" and none of them involve establishment of a new law.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join