It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Unveil Police Reform Overhaul Package and Kneel in Silence at Capitol

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

OK, I've found the original............

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

They looked plum damn ridiculous, and lots of blacks on social media are calling their pandering out for what it is.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The dem party is an utter embarrassment to this country. So sick of their staged antics to reinforce their manufactured BS. You want to know what a true bootlicker looks like? There ya go🤮🤮🤮

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

I'm surprised that Nancy was able to get back up after 8 minutes.

She wasn't. She put her hand up and cried out for help while Eleanor Norton stood there and watched.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

She wasn't. She put her hand up and cried out for help while Eleanor Norton stood there and watched.

She’d still be there if I was the only one left to help her up.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

oh im aware of that and the problems it may be causing him from the sanders camp followers who are not exactly thrilled their savior got taken down again now that biden formally claimed the nomination , they have some pretty interesting demands they wanna go for that honestly i dont see biden going for. biden is pretty much the last of the old guard of the dems most of my parents grew up with.And with such a eclectic dem base unifying some of the more fringe sanders supporters will be harder then a good deal of dems seem to think ,of the 5 major dem supporters im still friends with on fb one is going to vote "blue no mattter who" 3 are on the fence and one is not voting for the first time in his 73 year old life as he refuses to vote for biden over his role in the crime bill. they run the gammut from 30s to my former english teacher who's 73

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

If Biden is the actual candidate, many will indeed vote against Trump by voting for him.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I can't stop watching and laughing! That scarf must be draining what's left of his intelligence

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Isn't that an insult to africans and their heritage ?

Bunch of rich,old white folks wearing that (don't know what it's called )around their necks.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

As opposed to Trump supporters who care less and only want Trump re-elected?

Hmmm ... astute.

Snippy Snippy 😆

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Don't worry ... one faction will call the other faction out, and another faction will call them out ...

Call it fractional factionality.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

I would've Buffalo pushed her to the ground.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Gosh, how amazing is it that people have different politics and want their side in power.

I know, you've never lowered yourself, right?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: LSU2018

Isn't that an insult to africans and their heritage ?

Bunch of rich,old white folks wearing that (don't know what it's called )around their necks.

It should be an insult. They're not doing it because they want to, they're doing it because they think it helps them look better. Did they forget this is America, not Africa? Even though they've nearly made several big cities look like Africa.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
www.c-span.org.../user-clip-biden-introduces-police-officers-bill-rights 7 minute video from cspan when biden introduced the "police officers bill of rights" . its one of his main disadvantages, being in politics as long as he has been. this plus his crime bill do not exactly help his cause and im sure some will say well he changed his views but as right now mark walberg is getting drug through the mudd over formerly racist/problematic statements he made years and years ago

biden has a long history of protecting cops and oddly being more pro cop then most dems are today as politico from 5 days ago talks about how mostly cops are not looking too kindly on him right now www.politico.com...

Joe Biden has long prided himself on being a union-friendly Democrat with a good relationship with rank-and-file cops. But Biden’s call for more national policing reforms and oversight in the wake of the death of George Floyd — and the perception that he hasn’t shown enough solidarity with law enforcement amid the ensuing nationwide protests and unrest — have created a fissure with law enforcement groups, leaving many who once supported him frustrated by what they regard as political posturing by their one-time ally. “Clearly, he’s made a lot of changes the way candidates do during the primary process, but he kept moving left and fell off the deep end,” said Bill Johnson, executive director of the National Association of Police Organizations, the umbrella organization for Police Benevolent Association chapters.

as the article talks he has to balance between being the centrist he mostly is and the demands of the more left leaning of his base and its costing him pretty much all police support nationally least per politico which could very well hurt him come november.

www.washingtonexaminer.com... and as this more right leaning article talks about he often tends to mistep at exactly the wrong moment , like the above video covers when he supported and promoted the police officers bill of rights weeks after the Rodney king beating.
now it never passed but was rolled into the now controversial 1994 crime bill

The Police Officer's Bill of Rights never made it out of committee, although a modified version of its text was included in the Biden-Thurmond Violent Crime Control Act of 1991. That bill was eventually adjusted into the controversial 1994 crime bill that was enacted during the Clinton administration, which was largely seen as a response to public outrage after the Los Angeles riots — the result of acquittals for the officers that beat King.

so while some people will see it as him "changing his ways", the police unions are seeing it as a stark betrayal of a group that has largely supported him over the years

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Maybe this will be used to split off a third party candidate?

Yeah, that's abotu right.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I can't help but think back to the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street protests. Democrats and the media sure had a different opinion of protestors back then. It was more along the lines of, "No need to listen to them. They're just a bunch of racists. The police should stop these protests by any means necessary."

You want to protest against police brutality, Congress and the media will support "reform." You want to protest against bankers and Wall St., Congress and the media will fully support police brutality.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

That's because there was a guy in the oval office that said if he had a son it'd look like Antifa.

Er I mean Trayvon.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The dem party is an utter embarrassment to this country. So sick of their staged antics to reinforce their manufactured BS. You want to know what a true bootlicker looks like? There ya go🤮🤮🤮

Enough people get tired of it ... enough, it'll be alright to strip them all of their citizenship and show 'em the door. Take 'em down to the Potomac and push 'em in. Tell 'em, "It'll be bad if yawl's feet touch American Soil again. Now get!!"

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I would've Buffalo pushed her to the ground.

Beat me to it!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join