It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Unveil Police Reform Overhaul Package and Kneel in Silence at Capitol

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What we should be doing is anticipating the next grenade they
throw at America. After the impeachment bombed I couldn't
get the words ( what's next?) out of my mouth fast enough before
we were hearing about the China virus.

So what's next you Draco Cons? We're still here! lol

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Some of the recommendations are fine and needed.

But it's not the Congresses place to dictate to State and local governments what their police do, UNLESS it is in the matter of 5th/14th Amendment issues.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
How long ya bet before they bring in members of Antifa and BLM to do the "policing" and make sure that people fall in line with the narrative or be punished?

This sort of thing remind anyone of any points in time through out history?

Shades of Obama's civilian police force that he mentioned.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'm not sure how they can do several of the listed items ... for example no "choke holds" ... unless they're doing it under cruel and unusual punishment.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The compromise is that the Dems and Reps will only stand on our necks from now on instead of kneeling as an option.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

The compromise is that the Dems and Reps will only stand on our necks from now on instead of kneeling as an option.

Only if Pelosi's boots are as well-coordinated with her suits as her masks.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

How long ya bet before they bring in members of Antifa and BLM to do the "policing" and make sure that people fall in line with the narrative or be punished?

Starting to sound like Chairman Mao's cultural revolution? Already have the Red Guard taking down statues and attacking our countries cultural values!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Shades of Obama's civilian police force that he mentioned.

That's not in the proposal.

Besides, they've got the FBI, ATF, Parks and Rec ... and whoever all those badgeless mercenaries were guarding the White House.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I didn't say it was, but they're getting closer to it with every move to federalize it all, aren't they?

Then there is all the talk about a new transformative model of civilian policing being done on the ground.

edit on 8-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I didn't say it was, but they're getting closer to it with every move to federalize it all, aren't they?

The "Homeland Security Agents" are pretty danged close.

It's all unconstitutional.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Many political commentators acting serious and stern like this is going to actually happen !!

Guess what ?

This whole thing is another political campaign tactic and Democrats could really care less.

All they want is votes and Trump gone 😆

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

As opposed to Trump supporters who care less and only want Trump re-elected?

Hmmm ... astute.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Oh gawd the pandering. I have to avert my eyes the pandering is just so blindingly obvious. Please people of the US you're not falling for this please. Just like when Hillary went on a podcast and was asked what she always has in her bag and she says in a hilarious high voice HOT SAUCE lol lol. In the name of Zod please tell me you can see this. I do not get how they've consistently gotten away with acting like this pandering "gonna put yall back in chains" when you know they are the party with origins around the KKK, their queen literally called black people SUPER PREDATORS.

I know you hate Trump but these people? I mean this is the most ridiculous thing I've seen lol lol. God you've gotta love politicians and those who vote for them no matter what lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I'm not sure how they can do several of the listed items ... for example no "choke holds" ... unless they're doing it under cruel and unusual punishment.

Republicans will pretend to put up a fight...and it will be characterized as racism.

All efforts to block any unconstitutional actions will be characterized as racism and I doubt any efforts will be authentic...they will be crafted to fail. Get the courts to sanction unconstitutional actions.

That's how the two parties are going to work this one.

edit on 6/8/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

www.reuters.com... ource=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1Mhng0Fl1hvCif7T3WGn2KesaSNeyYGtl7WUEYV2XiRR4hIXh6l5WSEko some one should have told biden that before he came out against de-funding the police. he is the gift that keeps giving and with the economy bouncing back the hits keep coming for the dems

“As his criminal justice proposal made clear months ago, Vice President Biden does not believe that police should be defunded,” said Andrew Bates, a spokesman for Biden’s campaign. “Biden supports the urgent need for reform, including funding for public schools, summer programs, and mental health and substance abuse treatment separate from funding for policing, so that officers can focus on the job of policing.”

so hes in favor or reforms but not defunding which at least all the left leaning people i follow on fb are now pretty pissed off about

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Crafted to fail is right.

Biden came out today against "defunding the police."

As usual, the Keystone Kops are fumbling again.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Defunding the police is extremist left.

Biden's a centrist mostly.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Many political commentators acting serious and stern like this is going to actually happen !!

Guess what ?

Trump vetos it, as he should.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Biden came out today against "defunding the police."

Oh that's priceless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join