It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defund the Police. PLEASE!!!! DO IT!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I would love to see this in all democratic run cities. It's what they want, who are we to stand in the way of such progress?

I fully support this idea. It's likely the best idea I have ever heard. Democrats, MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!

On the ground, however, there is a visible conflict between Democrats on board with "defund" and those who want to seek reforms without actually dismantling police departments. This split, and the sudden power that activists wield over local officials on the issue, was perhaps best illustrated over the weekend when Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey faced a crowd of protesters asking him whether he would support abolishing the city's police department.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 8-6-2020 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

a great way to weed out those on the fence.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: searching411

I think doing this, along with handing out copies of "the purge" on DVD would be just about right.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

My mama predictions say...when the police leave these cities,
due to being defunded,the people will leave as well.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I guess abortion clinics is predominately black urban regions are just not killing enough black people fast enough. This'll do it.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Frey, while promising reform to the city's "systemically racist" policing system and saying "the police union needs to be put in its place," was asked a "yes or no" question by a protester if he would "commit to defunding the Minneapolis Police Department."

www.foxnews.com...

That's effing hilarious.

A (D) telling a union they need put in their place.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Those cities are going to end up like NYC in "Escape From New York".

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Frey, while promising reform to the city's "systemically racist" policing system and saying "the police union needs to be put in its place," was asked a "yes or no" question by a protester if he would "commit to defunding the Minneapolis Police Department."

www.foxnews.com...

That's effing hilarious.

A (D) telling a union they need put in their place.

I thought unions were just a conduit to funnel government contract money to the democrat party.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Police have just never had to worry about strict oversight and they know citizens are virtually powerless in unlawful arrests and police misconduct. State Police Boards should be a requirement and have complete oversight of the depts and internal affairs. Unbiased investigation is key.

In nearly two decades with the Minneapolis Police Department, Derek Chauvin faced at least 17 misconduct complaints, none of which derailed his career.

www.google.com...

Unfortunately police officers are not held to the highest standards and accountability and professionalism and ethical duties like they should have been from the start. This is what happens in situations like that.

Physicians can do do lose their license and are sentenced to prison for non-violent crimes—they do not get second chances and citizen complaints against physician misconduct and behavior is investigated seriously.

Citizens feel powerless against police brutality and misconduct. Police can and do get away with behavior that would otherwise be the end of that person's career and possibly prison time in most other professions.

Giving people incredible power and authority with little oversight and accountability is just dangerous, reckless and irresponsible. We shouldn't even be having this discussion, but here we are.

Police have had decades to ensure their profession has the proper channels of oversight to ensure unbiased accountability and no officers get to abuse their position of power. Sometimes people wait too long to finally taking responsibility of their actions and profession that they have lost their chance since they proved to be incapable of doing it.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

They are.

Until one jumps the plantation.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
For those that didn't know.

The MPD backed the current prez.

Which is pretty much why they've been attacked so much and why they want to defund them.

Again.

It's not about race.

It's about political power.

(post by 3sixand9 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The Sheriff is an elected position. Can't defund or dismantle an elected position or the department that position runs.

These people are beyond ignorant. No wonder they have so many problems in these liberal cities. They want this perfect utopia that is not achievable. The police will ALWAYS have problems just like every department, company, houshold...meh.

Only thing that can be done which, has already been done, is keep the screw ups at a minimum. Nothing else can be done. There will be more incidents. It's never going to stop.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Getting rid of police departments because of some bad cops is like denying diabetics insulin because heroin users use needles.

SMH

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Minneapolis Rally 2019

Becomes a flashpoint to defund.

Putting them in their place means back to the plantation.

edit on 8-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

what's the best way to learn a lesson? Answer, the hard way. I just hope all who aren't drooling retards go for a long vacation to the country when this happens. I'd hate to see good folks hurt.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Just make mandatory streaming cams and just laws.
We've gotten batcrap crazy with too many laws.
Seatbelt tickets, certain plants etc....etc.... forever
A good group of these people only respect violence.
Someone needs to mop them up.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Well, like I said in another thread, never did get around to watching "The Purge" when it came out.

Now's my chance!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Joe Biden wants to go further. Stop putting drug offenders in prison, and let those who are incarcerated, out of prison.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well, like I said in another thread, never did get around to watching "The Purge" when it came out.

Now's my chance!

I tried couldn't make it past 10 minutes.

Thought the entire premise was stupid.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join