It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPLS City Council President Says It's A "Place Of Privilege" To Want Police To Come To Your Aid

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TimHeller
yeah, everybody hates cops till they need one lol

You only 'need' a cop after you've made a mess you can't clean up yourself.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Firearm of choice. 👍

Louisville. Slugger. 👍

Lemon juice in a squirt bottle. 👍

A well-aimed cleaver will do the trick. 👍

My home is a dangerous place. 😁

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Why do people think responding to a burglary is the only thing police do?

Probably for much the same reasons that you seem to think ONLY the police can do those things you listed.

Who the hell is going to do all those things with no police?

Sheriff deputies, traffic patrols, EMTs, mental health professionals, drug abuse/addiction counselors, etc.

Law enforcement is needed for criminal behavior. Law enforcement is not necessarily needed for other situations. Sometimes -- often times -- other professionals are much better qualified and prepared to do the job, with and/or without law enforcement.

You have no concept of how much training and maintenance of proficiency is required. 👎

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Those Leftists better watch out for militia patrols.

I believe you are confusing real life for a video game.

You sound excited by it all.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
You have no concept of how much training and maintenance of proficiency is required.

👎

Is that so? Do tell...

Are you speaking to the level of training and maintenance of proficiency required for police officers to wear a dozen different professional caps all at the same time because we keep dumping our societal problems onto our police?

Quite honestly, we don't pay our police officers enough to expect so much from them. It's not fair to police, and it's not fair to the people.

ETA: Perhaps you'd be interested in this study: Police Officer Perceptions of the Impact of Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Programs

Our findings indicate that CIT is rated very positively by officers. We found that officers' attitudes about the impact of CIT on improving overall safety, accessibility of services, officer skills and techniques, and the preparedness of officers to handle calls involving persons with mental illness are positively associated with officers' confidence in their abilities or with officers' perceptions of overall departmental effectiveness.

edit on 8-6-2020 by Boadicea because: formatting

edit on 8-6-2020 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The new Cockoo Clan ...

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I wore blue for 30 years. Sure, specialized teams are nice, but not always feasible, especially in smaller towns.

When a call comes in you want to be able to deal with it efficiently, because there will always be new calls coming in.

Which is why LEOs wear many hats. They are where an assessment begins.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Thank you for your service Creep Thumper!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Thank you for your service Creep Thumper!

You are welcome. 🙂

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It's almost like they want Trump to win...

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This is the same mindset that led some person at a progressive mag (I forget which) to assert that white folks needed to sacrifice their children's futures and put them in inner city schools to effect education reform. The genius who wrote it even admitted that it might take "a few generations" for any real change to happen which pretty much acknowledges that you would be screwing over your kids and their kids!

But, you know, they're just privileged and the little twerps have it coming anyhow.

It's such a defeatist mindset. It's the idea that we can't make things better for the African-American, so we have to screw over our own lives until they suck as bad in order to make them feel better about their own lives.

Its communism. I was watching a video on the riots of the 1960's and the complaints were the same. White people are racist and the cops are evil. It could be the exact same people saying the same things. Back then they were shot for looting and murdering cops. I guess this is progress because they are letting them just do it now. I say shoot every last one of the thugs..

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
Wait... What?!?!?!?

I should let people rob me, or burglarize my home, and not do anything? This hurts my brain...

Ummm...no...that’s not what she’s saying...

What she’s really saying...without knowing she’s even saying it...is...

Everyone has to be responsible enough...to police themselves...and their neighborhood...

It’s a subconscious nod to vigilantism...and support for the second amendment...

So...there you have it...a pucker factor perfect Freudian slip...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: mtnshredder
A perfect example why most of America wants nothing to do with the lefts “brilliant” ideological ideas, because they are as STUPID as the people that present them. How can anyone take the left serious when a large percentage of them think dumbass ideas like this is a great idea. I’m convinced the left suffers from systematic stupidity, just reading some of the post here from some of our enlightened leftist members is proof enough.

I love how they talk in buzz words. Using big words and saying absolutely nothing. Intersectionality. Systems of oppression. Speaking your truth. Etc, etc.

Yep, it's how stupid people pretend to be smart.

Then they scream at you when you ask them to define or defend anything they are saying. If that doesn't work they will leave or get physical.

Sad thing is they don't even think they need a reason, they just want you to submit no matter how stupid the idea is like they did.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

They assist with traffic incidents and accidents.

Respond to all manner of medical incidents.

Investigate murders.

I think the answer is for most of those - nobody.

For responding to murders, gangs of thugs.

I am actually rooting for this to actually happen now in Minneapolis. Sacrificing one city for the education of the rest of the country seems like a good idea to me at this point.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
when a large percentage of them

I don't think it is a large percentage... There is a silent majority that sees it as stupid too.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

They assist with traffic incidents and accidents.

Respond to all manner of medical incidents.

Investigate murders.

I think the answer is for most of those - nobody.

For responding to murders, gangs of thugs.

I am actually rooting for this to actually happen now in Minneapolis. Sacrificing one city for the education of the rest of the country seems like a good idea to me at this point.

It certainly would be interesting. 😉

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join