It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPLS City Council President Says It's A "Place Of Privilege" To Want Police To Come To Your Aid

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: mtnshredder
A perfect example why most of America wants nothing to do with the lefts “brilliant” ideological ideas, because they are as STUPID as the people that present them. How can anyone take the left serious when a large percentage of them think dumbass ideas like this is a great idea. I’m convinced the left suffers from systematic stupidity, just reading some of the post here from some of our enlightened leftist members is proof enough.

I love how they talk in buzz words. Using big words and saying absolutely nothing. Intersectionality. Systems of oppression. Speaking your truth. Etc, etc.

Are you talking about the big words they may get lucky enough to spell, yet don’t have a clue of there true meaning, those words?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It's still a defeatist attitude.

Since she doesn't know how to actually fix the problem, she'd rather just make it the same problem for everyone.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
The blacks are going to run at the mouth (usually saying every thing multiple times, repeating) for the next month or so. This is Black America, this is Behavior. Sure there are a few white Karens and Kevens in the mix but by and large the millitantcy comes from the protesting RACE. Make No mistake this is 100% about RACE. unless you happen to be on Jupiter..??.. it's Black verses White.

What I find amazing is the freedom and 0 pause in openly posting on the internet:

The blacks are going to run at the mouth (usually saying every thing multiple times, repeating) for the next month or so.

I note you have 4 stars and not a single poster in this thread calling you out for such a blatantly racist thing to say.
edit on 8-6-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So let yourself be a victim?

Eff that.

Eff her.

Eff them all.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

How long before Sharia patrols in Minneapolis?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: TimHeller
anarchy will destroy us all, I'm buying a gun

I'd recommend an AR-15. Make sure you get a lot of bullets and enough magazines to hold them all. And, Sig Sauer makes affordable, decent quality, red dot sights. And a sling ... get a good sling.

I have been looking at building an ar12 so the 15 has a cousin. Also really want a 9 carbine as all my edc weapons are in 9.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Boadicea

It's still a defeatist attitude.

Maybe...

Since she doesn't know how to actually fix the problem, she'd rather just make it the same problem for everyone.

Maybe... I'm not sure about that though. And part of my problem here is that I have to consider her words with what I've heard from family in the Twin Cities. The Minneapolis PD is notorious for punishing its "enemies" in various ways, most notably by refusing to do their job. Another Minneapolis Councilman, Steve Fletcher, has told of how his constituents who call the police are told the police won't respond, to call their councilman if they need help, etc. Many many people are saying that the police are cracking down on peaceful protesters during the day, and standing back and watching violent looters at night.

So the Councilwoman may be suggesting that people need to be damn sure this is what they want and the route they want to take, and be ready to accept no policing for a time if the Minneapolis PD decides to do nothing at all for anyone ever... or if they take a cue from NYC and they all walk out and quit.... before other arrangements can be developed and implemented.

I can't imagine this is a simple task to coordinate and execute.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Why do people think responding to a burglary is the only thing police do?

They assist with traffic incidents and accidents.

Respond to all manner of medical incidents.

Investigate murders.

Who the hell is going to do all those things with no police?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
They are ok with letting stuff get destroyed until it comes to their neighborhood, like the newscaster who said let it burn and then wanted the police to come when it got to his area.
And where are the people who are doing this going to go when they run out of things to take or destroy in their own neighborhoods?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
I have been looking at building an ar12 so the 15 has a cousin. Also really want a 9 carbine as all my edc weapons are in 9.

Looks like a fun-gun.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Thank's for the info, i just can't afford luxury items, but my cousin is giving me a Colt , I believe its a 1911 style .45 and i'm in the process of getting a C C permit, my step-son won't give the Stevens 28 .410 that my dad gave me that his dad gave him that i put in his gun safe years ago, only good for grouse or old cans sorry off topic

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

yeah, everybody hates cops till they need one lol oh and speaking of slings didn't david use a different kind of sling on goliath

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Why do people think responding to a burglary is the only thing police do?

Probably for much the same reasons that you seem to think ONLY the police can do those things you listed.

Who the hell is going to do all those things with no police?

Sheriff deputies, traffic patrols, EMTs, mental health professionals, drug abuse/addiction counselors, etc.

Law enforcement is needed for criminal behavior. Law enforcement is not necessarily needed for other situations. Sometimes -- often times -- other professionals are much better qualified and prepared to do the job, with and/or without law enforcement.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Welcome to Somalia !! 🚬😆

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I've read that they will have "crime free zones" hahaha yeah right, social workers will take care of it of course and we will all be happy in a lala land type world, purple unicorn's and free ice cream for all

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Welcome to Somalia !! 🚬😆

Definitely prime spots for terrorists to take hold.

They just love lawless areas.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Those Leftists better watch out for militia patrols.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Oh that ... that'll just be outsourced to the county, and I'm sure the county is all ready to do it, too.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TimHeller

Yeah, everyone will take a knee and show solidarity for the new age of crime prevention.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

God help us

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join