It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle - driver shoots protestor. Crime or Justified?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
If a 7 foot gorilla tries to pull me from a car to dispense a brutal mob beating, I’d be hanging from my window pumping another two bullets into him, to make sure he doesn’t get up. Having said that, I’d probably steer well clear of any potential trouble.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Very troubling so many of you are ok that the shooter was about to drive through at least 200 people.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This crazy was looking for trouble by driving through a crowd of pedestrians and he found it alright.
Shooting the unarmed guy who might have been trying to take the car keys to prevent any further motorised shenanigans was excessive force and the shooter will have a lot of new friends behind bars if there's any real justice applied.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Pilgrum

Trolls. Disingenuous. Liars. No soul. Evil. Anything to push people toward armageddon.

This is us VS them now.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
In the link i posted you see him at the beginning of the road with someone already attacking his vehicle. There is a guy right at his driver rear window. If that road was not supposed to be accessed by vehicles why was it not properly blocked off? How was he even able to be there? Do we know the road he turned off of had a barricade? Was it manned? Had protesters moved the barricade?

Lot's of people jumping to conclusions again when we are just parsing out the facts from the fiction now.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

Considering a poster just referenced one of the black protesters as "a 7 foot gorilla" there could have been signs, lights, and a do not enter sign and people would find justification no matter what. It's so annoying that so many here just reach and always excuse in many threads
Just come right out and state your beliefs. We can see them anyway.

This is not the first time protesters have been run down or almost run down. The truck driver in Minnesota was not charged as they determined it was an accident. If they feel that is the case here they will not charge for that aspect. If they feel it was on purpose they will charge like they just did to the KKK guy in I think Pennsylvania.

Just as you like to state not all protesters are calm there are many anti protestors spitting on, threatening, shooting, and running over peaceful protesters. It goes both ways.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Very troubling so many of you are ok that the shooter was about to drive through at least 200 people.

Where is your evidence of this?

In the videos of the incident on the first page I see the car moving out of people's ways until the car was swarmed.

I'd be interested in seeing a video of the incident where the guy showed that he was predictive in driving through people.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If some idiot blocks my car or damages it, he just might get run over or shot. I will resist being pulled out of my car or brutally attacked like Reginald Denny. These hooligans think they have a right to control our streets and order free citizens about. They don’t, and I hope more people start shooting them. This crap has gone too far.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Pretty sure that I heard that the driver may be arrested for a `hate crime` which is just absurd IMO.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
www.kuow.org...
www.capitolhillseattle.com... s-life/

A little new info coming out. Interview with friend from HS, and now appearantly he has a family member who works for the SPD. Also, I was wrong, the weapon was a Glock 26, a double stack 9mm (10+1 mag).

twitter.com... .capitolhillseattle.com%2F2020%2F06%2Fhis-brother-works-here-at-this-precinct-police-say-capitol-hill-protest-shooting-suspect-was-fearing-for-his-lif e%2F

Looks like he was chased onto the road where the incident happened, and the road was NOT barricaded. What lead to that I am unaware. He also slows down multiple times to avoid hitting pedestrians. Going to be hard to say he was out to hurt people.
edit on 9-6-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

I am so mad. So very, very mad. My wife and I watched the whole video, and the conclusion is clear to anyone with a brain.

I have no idea why he was driving down the road, but he clearly accelerated to leave behind the thug climbing in his car, and the other jerks and idiots throwing things at his car. He then CLEARLY slows down when the other people move in his way. Then, surrounded, with that big dude in his car striking him, he fires a round. He gets out, calmly looks for police, and then goes and turns himself in.

If you are a person who sees something factually different, please share.
If you are a person who will only respond to troll the incident and provoke me, seriously, please, never talk to me again. Ever.

I am so upset at the media and the BLM sham right now.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The attacker in the beginning is the same jerk who gets shot. He was just attacking this guy.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Protester???
Since when do protests include terrorizing a person, chasing their car down and reaching in the window???

I think you meant
"Driver shoots domestic terrorist scum".

Unfortunately the attacker is not dead. The only downside to this story.

edit on 9/6/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Keeping someone from legally moving, even in protest, is felony false imprisonment. Period.

I hate all people supporting this sham. I sincerely mean that.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Looks like he didn't want to be "Denny'd" I have not seen what led up to that, so hard to make 100% solid conclusion.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
Funny, this was all over my feeds this morning from MSM now you have to search to find it...

Yep - Twitter is deleting the videos too.

1) The shooter is not white
2) The shooting turns out to be justified against a thug

Not worthy of the news cycle at all.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Why did he stop then? Did he stop because there were people in the way...lol...geez
edit on 9-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Luckily for everybody it wasn’t one of those .30-caliber clips that disperse 30 bullets in half a second. We can all agree that would’ve been truly awful.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

It looks like the pedestrians coming from various directions that disappear behind the building all turn and run after him when came close to hitting a pedestrian. But he was able to slow and pause in time to avoid him.

Then I imagine he saw all the people running after him and was afraid.

my .02¢

ETA: Basically, all the pedestrians including the guy who was shot took it upon themselves to go after and try to detain the driver for being a bit too reckless when turning at a crosswalk.

They already believe they have the right to police others.

edit on 6/9/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Ha...I just went back and noticed the pedestrian was jaywalking in the intersection and he is the only one that didn't turn around to chase the car. He knew the guy wasn't out to hit him and didn't assume he was out to hit anyone. In fact, he kind side steps the car as it goes around the corner, like, "oops, my bad."

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join