It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle - driver shoots protestor. Crime or Justified?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I get it, I'm just saying do you expect everyone to remain a bystander when you drive down a crowded barricaded street like an idiot? Would everyone remain a bystander had that happened at a Trump rally?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut
dude, my issue was with the newscaster using the word bystander when he clearly was not. Whatever scenarios you want to dream up have nothing to do with it.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

And while we're being sarcastic I'm sure if it were at a Trump rally and someone started driving through the crowd all the "bystanders" would just move over and let the man drive through all the way to the barricade.

What does this have to do with Trump? The fact that you even mention his name is a clear indication of the type of person and TDS mentality afflicted individual you are.

This has nothing to do with Trump. It has everything to do with a racist organisation in BLM and and anarchist group causing trouble. That's it. Get a grip man.
edit on 8-6-2020 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

if the shoe was on the other foot this site would be praising the attacker as a hero. He saved countless lives! Brave American who should be awarded the medal of honor! That was my point. If it was a back the blue rally, Trump rally etc the majority of posters on this site would be naming their first born after him.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

if the shoe was on the other foot this site would be praising the attacker as a hero.

Thank you for finally acknowledging that he was an attacker not a bystander.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Point made and point accepted. But if that was me and a car kept driving through a crowded street and I was one of the pedestrians I would be pissed as hell too.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

if the shoe was on the other foot this site would be praising the attacker as a hero. He saved countless lives! Brave American who should be awarded the medal of honor! That was my point. If it was a back the blue rally, Trump rally etc the majority of posters on this site would be naming their first born after him.

Look, it's clear to me that you're a lost cause. I hope that I'm wrong and that someday you'll wake up and see what's really going on. I hope.

I'm not interested in spending anymore time on this with you specifically, and on that note I wish you all the best and I hope you have a pleasant evening.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Thanks for the debate. So just to be clear and the shoe was on the other foot you would still be demonizing the guy who attacked the car? If it were you would you at the very least hurl some expletives and the middle finger at the driver?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

According to his hearing today:

The guy he shot says he was in the window trying to stop him from continuing to drive down the closed street towards the crowd. Twitter is adding on to that saying he was driving the wrong way down the closed street towards the crowd.

Shooter’s story is that he’s not familiar with the area and was on his way to a security job.

Cool. Except that intersection and network of streets has been the site of daily protests for over a week and roads have been closed there. Again according to twitter, the route he would have needed to take to get to the Nike store he was supposed to be working at wouldn’t take him through that area if he was coming from his house.

And then there’s the little tidbit that his brother works at that precinct.

I don’t think he was trying to plow into the crowd. I think he was trying to sightsee and panicked and made a series of poor decisions. I don’t buy his story for a second.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I was thinking he might have been waiting close by waiting to spring to action if the crowd started getting violent. Minutes before he came down the street protesters did start getting unruly. They tore down a barricade that was meant to separate protesters from the police.

I see you mentioned that he was driving the wrong way down the street. Was it a one way street? if so there would have been signs that he ignored or "didn't see". I'm not buying his story either but that will be for the courts to decide. I shouldn't be casting judgement on him just as people shouldn't be as quick to justify his actions.

I'm a truck driver and I'm terrified of hitting a pedestrian, if that was me I definitely wouldn't have continued down that crowded street the way he did but that's me.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I don’t think he was trying to plow into the crowd. I think he was trying to sightsee and panicked and made a series of poor decisions. I don’t buy his story for a second.

So in other words, he fired his weapon at the attacker in self-defense and shouldn't be charged for attempted manslaughter? Or are you of the belief that he should have just allowed himself to be ripped from his car and beaten by an angry/violent mob and hope for the best? (not to mention let his car get destroyed)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Really?

Is that what you REALLY think?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I was thinking he might have been waiting close by waiting to spring to action if the crowd started getting violent. Minutes before he came down the street protesters did start getting unruly. They tore down a barricade that was meant to separate protesters from the police.

So the guy wanted to possibly throw if life away for what? The guy reaching into the car was no small man...geez

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Don’t know if it is or isn’t, just reporting what’s being said on twitter. I don’t live there, thankfully. Cars are parked facing both directions on the street, but there’s also tents on the street so who the heck knows what to make of that.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I hope that all juries, DA's, officers, etc. take into account that it's basically lawlessness once you are in a vehicle in the middle of some of these riots. I would never stop, especially if someone is on my vehicle. And drivers are going to panic, because you know they will fear for their life, or at least their physical health. You think to slow down and stop, then you realize they're throwing bricks at you, then you hit the pedal. There's people surrounding your vehicle. It's not like we all train to drive through riots. Let them run for their lives.

And to those who question how he got there. Have you never ended up on the wrong road, or going down a one way the wrong way? Sometimes, you just end up in the wrong spot. That still doesn't mean he should end up beaten to death.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

OH, a clipazine, you say??

Evil personified!!!

There are far too many unknowns to come to any conclusion, so I really don't have an opinion, other than reach into a car expect bad things to happen... Try to drive through a protest/riot, expect bad things to happen.

Moral of the story: Don't do those sorts of stupid things, and bad things might not be so apt to happen.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I Agree. Terrible situation that in all honesty could have had a much worse outcome.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I get it, I'm just saying do you expect everyone to remain a bystander when you drive down a crowded barricaded street like an idiot? Would everyone remain a bystander had that happened at a Trump rally?

Yes. Have you ever seen a driver in a car being attacked by a mob of MAGAs? I haven't.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

No I haven't but a Trump supporter did ram his car into a crowd of people killing one and injuring dozens at a unite the right rally in Charlottesville. There are loonies on all sides of the fence.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The commies have high tech surveillance to catch people doing crimes, and the 'free world' has people with cell phone cameras doing the work. The collectivists go for the "king" deciding guilt, and the west use twitter.
It really hard to pull off a good crime these days.
being caught smelling someone, or picking your nose will get you cancelled.
Gone are the days of golden showers.

Can anyone honestly say they have never burnt down a public building ?
edit on 00000061234612America/Chicago09 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join