It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A good TV show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Times are tough, entertainment is pretty thin. Not only because of the time of year(spring/summer season) but also because of all the completely legitimate totally Unorchestrated doom that we all are supposed to be consumed in.

Anyway, all that aside, it's nice to have some decent entertainment to watch that isn't riot live streams(though I do enjoy them).

I finally watched Space Force on netflix. How good is it? I think it's pretty good, evident by the fact that I literally watched all 10 episodes tonight. A full on binge.

It's got some good writing, but in the end it's really just a good vehicle for two great performers. Steve and John play off eachother like a long standing classic box office team. You got a fun premise(space force) lead by a funnyman(steve) with a straight/dry man to balance it out(it's the best thing I've seen john do, personally).

I think it's worth a watch, it's a fun show, and while politics tread lightly into it at times, it's all but absent(huge rarity these days). I look forward to netflix continuing this series.
edit on 8-6-2020 by ZapBrannigan3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The true standout of this show is john malkovich.

Everything I've seen has pushed this show as some big comedy with steve, it's much better than that. Sure, there is a lot of comedy, but there is a lot of character aspects to this. It's done well enough that the mainliner(steve) is often put on the back burner.

For a comedy piece, a lot of depth, but still tons of humor(the chimp and dog episode was great).

A nice reminder that while certain actors are great, it all comes down to "tone" and essentially writing. This one has it all in the bag.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZapBrannigan3030
I finally watched Space Force on netflix. How good is it? I think it's pretty good, evident by the fact that I literally watched all 10 episodes tonight. A full on binge.

I found myself binge watching it and I don't do that a whole lot these days. It's kind of strange though because the show really isn't that funny, I laughed maybe 2 or 3 times throughout the entire show. Many of the jokes are also obviously subtle jabs at Trump, the entire premise of the show is really mocking the Space Force. The story isn't super interesting either besides using the idea of a Space Force, but they could have done a lot more with it. It's really just a very mediocre show but it's very watchable, probably for the reasons you described. Might also be because we're really lacking in good comedies these days so we enjoy what ever we can get.
edit on 8/6/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

join