It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a seriously gross story and a legit rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
At about 5 am I got a call from a good friend and she and her husband needed my help. I have a notorious sense of smell.. like a blood hound. LOL! They had bought a house and rehabbed it.. and were about to rent it out when the higher temps came. They started to notice a stink and cant show the house to prospective tenants with the smell. SHe couldnt describe the smell.. but said they had plumbers out, the guys that rehabbed it back out, they had the ducts cleaned, the works.. still a pervasive stank. A while back my husband and I owned a block of 2 and 4 family flats in St Louis.. so I have a little experience with weird old ( 100 yr old) apartments. I also live in a century plus old house that I wrote a post on several yrs ago.. the things WE found when we were redoing it. Scary stuff.

So I get over there... mind you, this is like 6 AM... and I walk in and I can smell it. Its not overly strong cause they have the A/C on the Antarctic setting. I said turn the a/c off and Ill be back in a few hrs. They did and I did.. and yep.. death. I narrowed it down to the master bedroom area. The contractor/rehabbers were called. I asked what they did in that room and they said removed carpet, put new carpet in, repaired and painted walls, etc. I asked if there were any weird stains and they just said over by the closet.. so I start pulling up carpet. It hit me like a ton of bricks.. decomp. I had them remove the carpet ( I didnt have a carpet knife.. ) and remove the closet doors and the trim. Then they got all pissy about it, but I told them to cut the subfloor with the stain out.. that section.

So in the end.. it was blood and body fluids they had NEVER even cleaned.. much less removed the effected parts. It smelled like a gut wagon when we started pulling that stuff up.. and cutting into the newly painted drywall. The drywall wicks up fluid and holds it. I saws alled like a lunatic.. this was pretty gross. So we couldnt saw out the studs and all.. it has a basement.. so I used 30% h202 and SHockwave... dont ask why I have this stuff. I just do. Then painted over it to seal it with fiberlock.. sealed it up nice and sanitary. I have respirators and tyveks and all from my work.. thank God. Basically... when it got warmer the stink escaped the crappy rehab work done.

Now these guys charged her a small fortune to rehab this place because it involved a lot of waste removal and etc. The carpet and all SHOULD have been marked for biohaz incineration.. but they werent of course. This person who owned the house died.. by the closet.. decomposed for a few weeks... and then a family member got curious and called from out of state for a welfare check. Cops found him. Body was removed, but the out of state relative didnt have it actually professionally dealt with and the deceased didnt have homeowners insurance that she knew of. It was bought by our friends at auction.. as is.. and with all the crap in the house I guess they couldnt smell the decomp over it. They bough it and left it to the rehabbers to do a total clean out and gut/update. I just found all of this out within the last hour or so. That means that fluid was probably 2 years sitting in the wood and carpet. Gag... DONT tell me the rehabbers didnt notice..

These rehabbers re-repaired the stuff we had to tear out and seal. THEN BILLED HER AGAIN. She just got an email with a bill... and I did most of the work anyway and used my own supply of chems. Im very small and no one else could fit in my tyveks... but still. Oh.. and I had to throw my shoes away... I had no booties in my supplies. I swear I oughtto bill THEM for it. Jerkoffs. I also oughtto bill them for working from about 8 AM to 7PM.. and the pound of skin I scrubbed off of myself in the shower too.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I hope they at least get the smell manageable.

I remember the camaro episode of Mythbusters where they put the dead pig in the car, sealed it and let it decompose in a hot shipping container for a few weeks.

Seriously nasty episode.

And I hope they don't end with a ghost for their troubles. I grew up in a house with a nasty entity in it. Don't recommend it.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I remember the camaro episode of Mythbusters where they put the dead pig in the car, sealed it and let it decompose in a hot shipping container for a few weeks.

Seriously nasty episode.

And I hope they don't end with a ghost for their troubles. I grew up in a house with a nasty entity in it. Don't recommend it.

I guarantee if there are any smells.. its not going to be decomp. LOL! I worked my ass off.

I live in a notorious house in this area... kids come by here close to halloween all the time and Ive had folks request to "hunt" it. Nahh. Im weirdly private. However Im also as psychic as a tree stump so I wouldnt know if there were spirits here anyway. It was originally built by a spiritualist family and we even had a psychomanteum upstairs. I left the mirrors but had built in bookcases put in for a little library. Its a cool house and given its history and what others claim... Im glad Im not sensitive. LOL!

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yikes!!!

Isn't there some sort of state or county 'official inspection' process that should have happened with a big rehab job like that?

It might be too late at this point, without documented evidence of all that you found -

- but if the contractors were supposed to get permits and have inspections done, your friends might be able to get out of the additional billing by threatening to go to 'whoever' (code enforcement?) is in charge of permitting work like that..

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Is rehabbing the same as remodel?

I had to tear out walls because of rodents getting in there and dying, but that is pretty gross !

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Gross. All sounds legit. I too have food grade peroxide. Its probably more common than you think. What is SHockwave? Why did they not call in Serv Pro or a professional who specializes in cleaning this type of mess then go after the rehabbers in court?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
Yikes!!!

Isn't there some sort of state or county 'official inspection' process that should have happened with a big rehab job like that?

It might be too late at this point, without documented evidence of all that you found -

- but if the contractors were supposed to get permits and have inspections done, your friends might be able to get out of the additional billing by threatening to go to 'whoever' (code enforcement?) is in charge of permitting work like that..

It passed inspection and was ready to have tenants come view it. I have no idea what theyre doing about it.. but Im sure someone will foot the bill and itll likely be our friends. As usual.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Gross. All sounds legit. I too have food grade peroxide. Its probably more common than you think. What is SHockwave? Why did they not call in Serv Pro or a professional who specializes in cleaning this type of mess then go after the rehabbers in court?

Nope.. they bought it at auction and it came with the hoard inside. They had the rehabbers there doing everything.. they have done their other apartments and homes too. Never a problem quite like this.

I guess they called me but it kind of spun out of control. Id imagine theyd call a remediation company, but I was there. very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

Shockwave is a disinfectant and cleaner.. it takes care of biohaz contamination and used for remediation. 30% h2o2 is rough stuff...skin and mucus and respiratory irritant... and OSHA says you have to wear PPE to use it full strength. I did and used a metal brush to scrub the studs. I know food grade is common.. but not commonly known to be used on blood and biohaz situations.. thats what we use it for.It also kills candida aurus too.. solid surface and fogged in contaminated areas... like in the hospital. I also use it to check a "cleaned" area to see if it was thoroughly decontaminated... as an indicator.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Seriously nasty episode.

I guarantee if there are any smells.. its not going to be decomp. LOL! I worked my ass off.

I live in a notorious house in this area... kids come by here close to halloween all the time and Ive had folks request to "hunt" it. Nahh. Im weirdly private. However Im also as psychic as a tree stump so I wouldnt know if there were spirits here anyway. It was originally built by a spiritualist family and we even had a psychomanteum upstairs. I left the mirrors but had built in bookcases put in for a little library. Its a cool house and given its history and what others claim... Im glad Im not sensitive. LOL!

You share with 3 in your home. 1 is a man up-or-at-the top of the stairs, or floor. The other bakes, an older woman...and a sweet little child...up and down, over and outside...

My impressions, could be wrong. Born sensitive, a child of God, all things good come from light.

Peace

PS born sensitive, 4 generations, maternal side

edit on 7-6-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Seriously nasty episode.

You share with 3 in your home. 1 is a man up-or-at-the top of the stairs, or floor. The other bakes, an older woman...and a sweet little child...up and down, over and outside...

My impressions, could be wrong. Born sensitive, a child of God, all things good come from light.

Peace

Man on stairs is Mr S.. the builder. Older woman was probably his mother.. they lived in the room off of the kitchen and sewing room. The kid.. a girl, you got that right... drowned in the cistern thats in the basement summer kitchen.. or where it used to be anyway. Thats from the history and the "reports" that previous owners and etc have made.

Pretty good!!! A+ for you!

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Carpet sucks. If that house does not have real flooring they should get rid of that death carpet and instal wood flooring. If it has real flooring they should still rip up the death carpet. Value add for everybody.

Carry on with your rant........

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Carpet sucks. If that house does not have real flooring they should get rid of that death carpet and instal wood flooring. If it has real flooring they should still rip up the death carpet. Value add for everybody.

Carry on with your rant........

I agree.. even laminate is better. LOL!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Seriously nasty episode.

Peace

Man on stairs is Mr S.. the builder. Older woman was probably his mother.. they lived in the room off of the kitchen and sewing room. The kid.. a girl, you got that right... drowned in the cistern thats in the basement summer kitchen.. or where it used to be anyway. Thats from the history and the "reports" that previous owners and etc have made.

You're welcome...impressions were immediate upon reading your post...those...good and bad...I act upon.

As 60+ years of it...in my time....the family doesn't speak much of it.

It is mine (ours)...and we/I...don't expect the world at large to understand the ability.

Best to you! MS. *See below

edit on 8-6-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Seriously nasty episode.

Peace

You're welcome...impressions were immediate upon reading your post...those...good and bad...I act upon.

As 60+ years of it...in my time....the family doesn't speak much of it.

It is mine (ours)...and we/I...don't expect the world at large to understand the ability.

Best to you! MS

PS There is a 2nd cistern on your prop....something(s) is/are in it. Find it.
edit on 8-6-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I would have not help clean that (SNIP) out, i know that smell, even if you remove stuff and use chemicals, it still takes a long time to get rid of it.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My sympathies. As a carpenter one of my jobs was refitting houses. One house I went in , which was empty, had great clumps of bluebottle flies (I don't know what they are called in the US) large flies. There were hundreds in every corner. For that many there had to be a very large amount of dead meat in the house. The smell was awful, I searched and searched and found nothing and I did consider phoning the police but with nothing there I would look and idiot.
I smashed all the windows (as they were having new ones fitted) and left the house for a couple of days till they were gone. Very creepy.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Sometimes moisture in the walls/roof and some holes can create that problem, they can use dead flies,mice,squirrels as a food source.

I hate flies.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Cool. Still not having nightmares about you tho.

top topics

join