It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Buffalo 57..and Atlanta 6, we are hiring in Florida...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm against the whole defund the police deal. I know, shocked right?

Here's the facts (that I've gathered throughout an afternoon of research, so I don't have links.)

Budgets for police departments across the country have basically stayed flat as a percentage of the overall budget for State and local governments for the last 40 years or so.

The great majority of these budgets go to salaries and pension plans.

Not all cops are racist murdering bastards. In fact, I'd argue the great majority of cops are good folks like you and me.

But obviously, the racist murdering cops are the problem and it has to be dealt with.

The secondary issue is the militarization of the police force that's a separate issue I think.

Beat cops in Atlanta are paid around $40K a year. Cops in the suburbs even less. I find that apalling.

I also think that's part of the overall frustration that can build into excessive use of force and eventually racist executions.

Defunding the polilce is not goign to solve anything, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Very funny... either we are dealing with the staggeringly clueless, or the brains are nicely washed and starched.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Funny how you kissed the authority's 2 months ago when the fascist pricks on the Left were using those same resources to infringe on the Constitutional Rights of citizens, business owners, and religious congregations. You're a goddamn hypocrite! The Constitution matters.

Funny isn't it when governors over stepped their authority and arrested peaceful protesting, and people doing crazy things like go to the beach, cut hair, go to church, or funeral etc. I guess the pandemic is over, as a 1000 go to the funeral of a dirtbag that push a gun into the belly of a black pregnant woman as they ransacked her house.

But you're "totally against" his murder, AMIRITE?

You're right on one front though. What we should be worried about is the underlying issues at hand in both examples: the national use of the unconstitutional "police power" in which a government can take any steps it deems necessary for the "public welfare."

Cause they've got a taste for it now.
edit on 7-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
same crow i see you guys should get back to work my I am retired so nothing bteerr to do but read these post .
57 WALKED off the job to show Support for the 2 who are NOW being charged with ASSAULT !

AND yes taht makes all 57 just as bad .
To clarify matters to EVEN touch a office at ALL you can be charged with ASSAULT let along accutly pushing one enough to cause him to fall .

and again YES 57 cops standing up for 2 who BROKE the law makes all 57 No different then the 2 who BROKE the law .
as for having police teh same stupid post over and over ooo they want no police at all because people are SICK of corrupt cops like the 59 who think ASSULT is fine when they do it BUT will put you in jail when YOU do it .
edit on 7-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The secondary issue is the militarization of the police force that's a separate issue I think.

Beat cops in Atlanta are paid around $40K a year. Cops in the suburbs even less. I find that apalling.

I also think that's part of the overall frustration that can build into excessive use of force and eventually racist executions.

Defunding the polilce is not goign to solve anything, in my opinion.

You get what you pay for....

Add in that since the 80s they switched from partners to solo cops and that was based on a study in the 70s that suggested that a solo cop would do better than with a partner, and of course it is cheaper. Seems study was wrong...

So under paid, no partner, union that makes it impossible to fire and doesn't do anyone good. Add in the excessive use of force on EVERYONE with no deescalation.

Pay cops better and get better people, go back to partners and educate that deescalation is the key in every incident. Get rid of the unions and fire bad cops, and charge cops that step over the line. Chauvin was a bad cop had tons of problems, should had been fired long time ago, but I think he was a ranking cop ther...
edit on 7-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Completely agree with every word you just wrote.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

The cop is bad and murdered him, enough said, but if he died when he had the gun in the belly of the pregnant woman...I wouldn't have a problem with that.

edit on 7-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm against the whole defund the police deal. I know, shocked right?

Let me shock you too... I entirely agree with your post.

These cops work under an incredible amount of stress, are not paid well and now have to FAIL an IQ test to work as a cop.

My uncle (LEO in CA) had his kid that wanted to follow in his father's footsteps take the tests and wanted to do the training.

Turns out he was turned down for being too smart.

How does THAT work, exactly?

So no, we shouldn't defund the cops.

We SHOULD, however, as taxpayers be able to buy better ones.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This thread, my OP has nothing to do with defunding police departments. I am not sure why that is being discussed here, plenty of other threads for that discussion.

It is about how the Fraternal Order of Police are advocating the hiring of bad cops.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I think better training and more school, on the job training is necessary.

Currently for most police forces in the US, the training time is significantly less than the training hours required to be a hair dresser.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This is about dis-enfranchising a Generations olde System of graft....the entire Leadership Structure must be ripped apart....in depth Intel must be gathered....and as I already stated in prior posts....once you apply real life non-bastardized Intel methodologies to this issue you will blow out a National Level organised corruption set-up...once a SINGLE POLICE FORCE has been forensiclly Investigated HONESTLY....Judges and Prosecutors and Lawyers and Cops and Support people of all manner and type will be nailed to the proverbial wall together.

That just from truly honestly Investigating one single Police Group......and of course once you prove cross State co-operation you have a National level Organised Crime entity with Domestic National Security implications.....if the Nations Police Forces are in any ways vulnerable to organised cross-State corruption it is 110% a National Security Red Flag.

This issue has never been a joke...its just been treated like a joke in the past....today is a NewDay.

There are 350,000,000 Americans......if the rotten Apples want out send them packing....we expect an exodus of bad Cops....now they will be doing all kinds of crap to escape to jump ship before they are outed and end up with long hard prison Terms...this is called the Shakedown Period....its a waypoint that was long overdue and has been long anticipated.

Each day we get closer and closer to the goal of freeing America from the chains that bound Her.
We will see on the job accidents we will see Psycological breakdowns we will see all types of methods the Rats will use to jump ship.Many of the less bright ones will try to make as big a splash and do as much damage as they can on the way out….using a scorched earth policy...but not many.

These malcontents are crooked pieces of flotsam who were parasiting off of the good work of the many....because you see we all know it is THE FEW who we are discussing here....and we know they had to go long ago we just couldn't flush them out....now we are.

I say again...350,000,000 Americans....these are good men and women....who are ready willing and prepared to help heal their Nation....you think anyone gives a flying puck about a bunch of Bad Apples whining as the door hits their arses on their ways out...….?thank goodness we are finally seeing the Apple Barrel tipped over.

Canada is next...count on it.

edit on 8-6-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Hyperbole thiccer than a Kardashian's ass right there...

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: one4all

Hyperbole thiccer than a Kardashian's ass right there...

Lol...you made me spill my Popcorn and RootBeer….lol...lol....and I cannot get a visual of a Kardashians ass because I don't do Social gossip much....but I have heard enough random jokes about it to get the gist....lol....I would have said thicker than Oprah Winfreys hass but as we can see I am a bit behind the times...sorry....but I get it bang on.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The cop is bad and murdered him, enough said, but if he died when he had the gun in the belly of the pregnant woman...I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Sorry, that seems irrational to me. Floyd DIDN'T die that way, he DIDN'T shoot the pregnant lady, and he DID pay for that crime in full. Saying that IF he had been killed by police at that point is ... just a needless intertwining of the two events.

My opinion: all that crap is being brought up to DIMINISH Floyd's execcution in the street really by four cops.

And by the way the "one bad apple" idea is patently false ... one cops knee on the mans throat while 3 men stood by and DID NOTHING.

It's not a "bad apple" problem ... it's bigger than that. We have to deal with it.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I've met people in my time who WANT to have power over other people and usually, hand in hand with that, they like to be able to HURT other people.

(Many of these people become politicians.)

Based on my experience I'm guessing that quality occurs in about 5%-10% of the population and probably relates to the genetics for "natural leaders" ... however, somehow somewhere along the way, that gets inverted, turned around, corrupted.

When you have one of these "falied leaders" that has been put into the situation of only having small authority, it literally tears at their souls ... because they have been overlooked, or held back or whatever ... and almost always, sooner or later, they will ABUSE that authority.

We entrust our law enforcement officers with an INCREDIBLE amount of responsibility and power but we have to make sure that they are fully capable of handling it. That's on us as a society.
edit on 8-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Good lord.

If we're not supposed to write off an entire race because of bad apples falling off the tree, it's equally ree-ree to do it to a profession.

I'd warn 'em FL's CoL is higher than outsiders bargain for when they eagerly run for it, though. Otherwise, go for it. They effectively told Buffalo "Eff you, defend yourselves & don't call us". If somewhere else needs &wants them, it's Buffalo's ree-ree'd loss.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I absolutely agree with you. However, I'd have to point out that the converse is also true ... giving any individual constant benefit of the doubt because of their profession is also a problem.

We have not held our police officers to the same standards the rest of us have to hold. The very concept of qualified immunity helps set up this small window of "operational space" for bad actors in a worthy profession.

I guess in short, the old saying applies: when someone shows you who they are believe them.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
57 WALKED off the job to show Support for the 2 who are NOW being charged with ASSAULT !

The two being charged should have 'really' assaulted that ass-hat. And, yes, I saw the blood coming out of his ear and IDGAF.

That yahoo stepped into a Line of March. He knew he was disrupting their progress. If they had caved his head in with their billie clubs I wouldn't give a fat-baby's ass.

For them to 'be charged' is BS enough that I support the 57 ... and I don't much support cops at all. Doesn't mean I don't understand. Not thirsty enough for the Kool Aid you're offering. Just a little blood thirsty when it comes to the rioters and those who support them.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: midnightstar

The two being charged should have 'really' assaulted that ass-hat. And, yes, I saw the blood coming out of his ear and IDGAF.

That yahoo stepped into a Line of March. He knew he was disrupting their progress. If they had caved his head in with their billie clubs I wouldn't give a fat-baby's ass.

For them to 'be charged' is BS enough that I support the 57 ... and I don't much support cops at all. Doesn't mean I don't understand. Not thirsty enough for the Kool Aid you're offering. Just a little blood thirsty when it comes to the rioters and those who support them.

You are an Anarchist and IMHO a supporter of Domestic Terrorism...go ahead and squeal like a little piggy now ok......don't ever underestimate what olde school Christians will do with your lieing arse....and I am not even Christian....Savvy?

Do you think you live in a War torn Country?

Or do you WANT everyone else to have to live in a War torn Country?

That was clearly an old man....a HUMAN BEING...ONE OF OURS.....there was absolutely no reason to assault him and try to injure or kill him....and yes the first time a hand was raised to him this was the intention....as per the SOP that has always protected criminal Cops....by the way there as a Supervisor there who told concerned Cops to leave the man on the Ground bleeding and dieing…...he is MORE CULLPABLE....he is a criminal...and anyone who even suggests they will try to defend him based on incorrect inadequate or misdirected SOP is also a criminal trying to fall back on the old stand-by suppression methods.

In America Patriots do not beat down Senior Citizens who are Veterans that have already risked their lives for the Country....and they do not support such atrocities.Or is America just as rotten as Canada?....Same monsters running both shows maybe?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Lots of normal cities would take these police.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join