It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis City Council set to disband the city's police department

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
the City itself can vote to discontinue the present Police Force... but there are a few caveats !

the Covid 'relief' funds from the Treasury might be able to 'payoff' all the outstanding 'Pensions
(but I doubt it)

there is a NGO called Secure City Network which the Minneapolis Police Force is committed to...
(the management of this SCN is by the /UN and the CFR and the Trilateral Commission and 'they' make the Rules about the Minneapolis City Police, not local officials or Federal Govt. ~this is legacy crappola from Potus 44 era~ )

it ain't gonna be a cut and dry resolution of defunding the Police there in the Minny-St Paul metropolis that already has a NWO footprint stomped on Its backside

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Traffic cams to police those violations have been found to be problematic by courts in other states. So that solution could be an issue. We used to have them here, but they get struck down in court and pretty much had to be dismantled.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
As soon as a white man shoots a black man for any reason there will be a public lynching.

Doubt it. There'll be a dead guy ... and a guy nobody in their right mind would try to come near ... 'cause only the police force could suppress or disarm him. His neighbors would all be like, "My life actually does matter ... and the black dude's ... not so much. At least not so much that I'm risking mine for his dead ass."

And, if that sets precedent, we might all come to the understanding that maybe cops weren't so necessary after all.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Let 'em.

I want leftist run cities to turn into the hellscapes these idiots want.

Just stay the hell out of my area. We like civilization.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The Minneapolis police should just walk right off of the job right now. They are going to lose their jobs anyway.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I'm sure you have to denounce your racism before the local progressive militia shows up.

We can call them the pink shirts.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

originally posted by: DBCowboy

To be fair. . . .

The City Council will be putting up signs stating that all areas are "Crime-Free" Zones.

So it'll be okay.

If you notice, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc. haven't touched this story yet today....

.....because their mental gymnasts haven't found a way to spin into something remotely logical yet.

Just saw this on abc, it's what made me interested in this thread. Same report showed mayor frey caught candid. He said he did not support abolishing the police; the crowd chased him out if the blm protest.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

So Sharia lawπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So they just are announcing they'll boot the police, but they really have no concrete ideas to follow up with?

What do they do when there are rapes, robberies, and murders? What will they do when there is a car wreck and they need traffic control for other emergency services?

I'm not sure any of them have thought this one through at all.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Great. Dont come running to the feds either when you need anything. Keep it all in house in state. You can do it...we TOTALLY have faith your little experiment wont turn into a total s#!t show.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
I've yet so see a compelling argument as to how and why this will work. So if anyone on ATS has any insight on the proposed nuts and bolts of this plan, by all means....share.

I actually heard quite a compelling argument today. First you have to get beyond the Right vs Left screaming match.

"Defund Police" is actually not a proposal to do away with the police and if people ignore the noise and listen it's rather logical.

The idea as I gather it, is more of a reorganization from the ground up.

Police are often used for things they should not be involved in. There are times when a person with a badge and a gun are the wrong answer. One example was responding to a person with a known mental illness. Rather than having a cop show up, scare them, anger them and make matters worse, a mental health professional would instead respond. A person with the knowledge and skill needed to deal with the person and defuse the situation.

I frankly don't know yet how I feel about idea's like that one. I do know if people stop yelling at each other and stop letting the media do the thinking for us, perhaps there is something to this idea. The partisan media is not exactly presenting the idea's logically for discussion.

It may be time to tune out the media and the party propaganda from both sides and have real conversations about new idea's. We will always need the police as they are now to deal with the bad guys, but maybe, just maybe, it's time to rethink how they are used. First though, the divide to control media and politicians, need to step aside and listen to peoples idea's.

So we got a naked man with a knife running around obviously crazy and we are gonna send? Doogie Howser? Bob Newhart? LOL good luck with that.

Even if you get enough trained professionals to apply, you won't BTW, you are still going to need them to have some backup that's likely armed. Thats just one aspect of this,there are plenty more that can't be handled by a hall manager or school patrol.

Most importantly any changes need to be gradual, outright disbanding the police force leaves way too many holes in public safety from day one it would be a disaster.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I do not understand how they expect to protect residents, tourists and the community from violent and non-violent crime such robberies, burglaries, theft, murder, and violence by using cameras and "community-led teams" patrolling the streets. What if there is a hostage situation? What if there is an armed robbery? What if there is a child abduction? What if a drug dealer becomes violent and pulls a weapon? What if there is a terrorist attack?

There could be a system of first responders similar to a police force but they should be members of the community, not living in suburbs," said Jordan, another protester from St. Paul. β€œI think most the jobs that police do can be done by social workers. Let’s hire more social workers and pay them a really good living wage.”

"As we strengthen community networks and relationships there will be us looking out for one another so there will be fewer robberies and break-ins and such," said Erika Thorne of Minneapolis.

www.google.com...

It appears no one really has any idea what they are doing and of course there is no evidence to support and guide them nor is there any facts presented to support that this will even work.

Totally irresponsible and potentially putting lives at risk by doing this impulsively and blindly.
edit on 6/7/2020 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Grab the popcorn, this going to be fun. The productive working class is going to bail out as soon as they're financially able, while every criminal in the region is going to move in looking for an easy mark. In a decade or so, it'll be just like Detroit.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Who knew Ronnie James Dio was a prophet?

Close the city and tell the people that
Something's coming to call
Death and darkness are rushing forward to
Take a bite from the wall, oh
You've nothing to say
They're breaking away

If you listen to fools
The mob rules
The mob rules

Kill the spirit and you'll be blinded
The end is always the same
Play with fire, you burn your fingers and
Lose your hold of the flame, oh
It's over, it's done
The end is begun

If you listen to fools
The mob rules

edit on 7-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: M4ngo

Oh the lawyers will be lining up. People will abandon the state.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

the Covid 'relief' funds from the Treasury might be able to 'payoff' all the outstanding 'Pensions
(but I doubt it)

Why should any of that money go to pay for any mismanaged state funds?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Many of you ar acting so smug over this, but have you actually thought about what it means if it works?

It is undeniable that we have over-equipped our police and made sure there are little to no repercussions when they negligently use those military-grade tools.

You could argue this is just the pendulum swinging back after giving the police a reckless amount of power. At the same time it is also bringing law enforcement back to the community level. Something I have seen many long for.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Just like bail reform worked right?

I'm going to enjoy the chaos.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Many of you ar acting so smug over this, but have you actually thought about what it means if it works?

It is undeniable that we have over-equipped our police and made sure there are little to no repercussions when they negligently use those military-grade tools.

You could argue this is just the pendulum swinging back after giving the police a reckless amount of power. At the same time it is also bringing law enforcement back to the community level. Something I have seen many long for.

Is a knee to the neck high grade military equipment?

Just asking.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Tens of Thousands will be sacrificed for an experiment !! 😀

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join