It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I The Only One Who DOESN'T Have A Problem With Police?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

I have been incarcerated...solitary confinement as well.
What experience do you have???

Quit writing me long posts i will not read.

Poser?
I think you are the dummy and need more experience instead of talking through your ass.
Jail guards suck...the police are alright......but you wouldn't know anything about that because you are ignorant and talking out of your ass.
edit on 8-6-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Spoken like a true Poser.

We are still on equal terms...been there done that...is that all you've got Slappy?

The fact that you have a Popularity opinion on the People who put you there and the ones keeping you there shows me you are one of those dip#s who just never learn---sounds like you made a few lifelong friends out of the experience huh?.Speakin of hass judging by the lip you toss around it sounds like you went in a tight end and came out a wide receiver and that is where we part ways...so to speak...by the way I think you are sitting in someone elses Spot better pay the rent or move on......lol...lol.

edit on 8-6-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Spoken like a true Poser. We are still on equal terms.

We will never be on equal terms...you are a goof and i am the guy who doesn't mind dealing with goofs.
Try again.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Spoken like a true Poser..you dont qualify for Goofball....I don't think you could deal with a stroll in the Yard without a close Friend watching your six for you there Slappy….sounds like you were in PC not Solitary and we all know what that means don't we huh?...only certain segments of the prison population carry your attitude...shall we say "minority" groups.Prove me wrong.Poser.

Now that we have established that we both have what you call experience....you gonna stop posing and shut your yap now?

Next question Slappy.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
99% of cops are fine, they millions of interactions a day and the number of people unjustly killed is barely a blip on the radar of statistics.

Now if people wanted to complain about being profiled or harried because of their skin color or the clothes they wear or the cars they drive that's an entirely different discussion and should be had.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have no issues with Police as a whole just like I have no issues with people as a whole.

Within Police departments there are horrible, cowardly, waste of flesh criminals.
Within society there are horrible, cowardly, waste of flesh criminals.

That cowardly officer that killed George Floyd is a criminal. The 3 other officers there are just as guilty. I hope they all get locked up and dont see day light again. The cowardly "protesters" that beat up the lady with 2x4s while she and her husband tried to defend their store are also criminals and similar to the above I hope the full weight of the law comes down on them.

Repeat the above for each time a cop abuses his power or each time a thug destroys someones life but that doesn't mean to me that all cops are bad and all people are evil. People make the choice to be evil. People make the choice to be a criminal. People make the choice to abuse power.

You making the choice to become a cop doesn't make you evil, bad or abusive. Your skin being white, black, brown, purple or green doesn't make you evil, bad or abusive.
edit on 8-6-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I respect police officers & do not want to see them dismantled, but police have just never had to worry about strict oversight and they know citizens are virtually powerless in unlawful arrests and police misconduct. State Police Boards should be a requirement and have complete oversight of the depts and internal affairs. Unbiased investigation is key.

"In nearly two decades with the Minneapolis Police Department, Derek Chauvin faced at least 17 misconduct complaints, none of which derailed his career."

Unfortunately police officers are not held to the highest of standards and accountability and professionalism and ethical duties like they should have been from the start. There is no reason for this-it is dangerous, reckless and irresponsible.

State Police Board oversight of departments, IA & officers should be a requirement.

Police evidence should be treated similar to how medical records are. Citizens should have online access to their arrest evidence and police report and officer information. It should be stored on a secure server and all activity is tracked. Laws can protect both the citizen and the officer by making exploitation and/or misuse of evidence against the other party punishable by harsh consequences similar to how unwarranted access to someone's electronic medical records by anyone not directly involved with a patient's care can results in suspension of license and other penalties. Body cam and dash cam video and audio should be lawfully required to be made available this way.

There is no reason why this these types of protections and access to personal information is not already made available in this fashion. Currently it is a process that usually requires an attorney for getting access to things of this nature.

Citizens are currently put in a disadvantaged situation upon bail or release for non-violent offenses. Often times citizens do not know critical information, much leas the arresting officer's name and badge number. It should be required by law that basic information be given to the arrested citizen within 24 hours of being booked or immediately upon bail or release, whichever comes sooner.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The vast majority of Americans are satisfied with law enforcement. There are much bigger priorities on the minds of the average voter.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I do not think the American people are satisfied with the police brutality and racial injustice.

Comfort kills. It is time for change.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
dbl post
edit on 6/8/2020 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: M4ngo
Police evidence should be treated similar to how medical records are. Citizens should have online access to their arrest evidence and police report and officer information. It should be stored on a secure server and all activity is tracked.

This I can agree with as far as reformation of the current LEO infrastructure. Similar to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Laws, perhaps Police Arrest Portability and Accountability Act (PAPAA) ??.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Thanks , I needed a good laugh .

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

I didn't mention color , I don't care what color or gender or non gender you are . If you are religious or not I don't care . I agree that the bad cops need to go .

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: M4ngo
a reply to: carewemust

I do not think the American people are satisfied with the police brutality and racial injustice.

Comfort kills. It is time for change.

First, honest transparency is needed. The Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison is refusing to release the police body cam footage.

Here is why: twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

I'm not usually one to harp on spelling and grammar on online forums or posts, but damn.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: illusion987

You are sure they violated your rights but it wasn't a bad interaction. lol

In my opinion that is sad you would think there wasn't a problem with it. If you had stood up for yourself and not been subservient to their unlawful demands you probably would have had what you would call a bad experience.

I'm sure he meant no knee to the neck to the point of death.... or something similar.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

My girlfriend and I wave to the police and smile whenever we see them. Never had a problem.

Twice in the last month, my husband and I walked our dog and the local sheriff patrol came driving by, we waved he waved. I'm glad he drives around our rural paradise in the mountains making sure all is well.
But then, I'm sure we have more of a chance of death by bear or freezing in the cold than anything else.
edit on 9-6-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The biggest problem and it isn't everywhere is that there are bad police cultures that is driven much by the society they work in. Some pretty nasty areas out there that are totally dysfunctional in every way that police need to work in on a daily bases.

With that said this all starts at the leadership level that is trying to blame it all on the lowest rung. Cops in general do not know how to deescalate the situation nor start the escalation with the right amount. They are not also out there talking to the local community or doing anything with the local community other than busting people.

This is the culture that needs to change that has nothing to do with race.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Twice in the last month, my husband and I walked our dog and the local sheriff patrol came driving by, we waved he waved. I'm glad he drives around our rural paradise in the mountains making sure all is well.
But then, I'm sure we have more of a chance of death by bear or freezing in the cold than anything else.

It truly depends on where a person lives as to how good or bad their police force is. This is the mismatch between both sides where one side say police are not bad at all and another side says they are all bad where both sides can be right based on their personal observation and experiences.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: illusion987

Is this serious, or are you just trying to make a point?

I was under the impression that its well-known by nearly everybody that nearly all police interactions with citizens happen without even the slightest hint of anything resembling police brutality.

I don't know anyone who has ever been a victim of police brutality, nor have I ever heard tell of anyone known by people I know regarding police brutality.

An estimated 62 million people have contact with the police annually in the US. Even if 620,000 of those contacts involved police brutality, that would be 1%, meaning 99% of people out there, like you, don't have a problem with police.

I found a statistic from 2002 - 27,000 complaints of excessive use of force nationwide. Of those, 2,160 were sustained, meaning there was sufficient evidence to at least justify disciplinary action. For our purposes here, let's assume 100% of those complaints were justified (so, 27,000 examples of excessive force by police), then let's double it, assuming half of people either don't want to bother with the complaint, or are too frightened of reprisals to do so (so 54k), then let's add 8k more just to make the math easier and call it 62,000, or 0.1%.

Remember now, we're being SUPER loose with the numbers, to help exemplify the OP's idea that nearly everyone has a problem with police (brutality), amd see how it shakes out.

Based on these assumptions, illusion987 could line up 1,000 people who have had interactions with police in the past year and only find ONE who had a problem with the officer he interacted with.

So where is the skewed perception coming from? I'm truly curious - have people lost sight of the fact that the media reports on police brutality, but doesn't fill the day with reports of non-violent interactions with police? We also don't have full-day reporting on all of the combinations of countries not at war with each other.

I'm a bit concerned that OP may not be the only one who is that confused by the reporting, and its possible many others think police brutality is the norm, and not a relatively rare occurence. If people are so easily confused, it could lead to larger problems...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join