It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter activist Shaun King , the worst police brutality are run by Democrats.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Democrats have been running these large cities for decades and have been in control of their police departments for just as long.
It's hard to believe it's taken so long to have this realization.

It's even harder to believe he broke ranks and actually said it.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: olaru12

Broad Brush much...

I qualified my words. Obviously not as much as you would have liked!

Unions are as diverse as corps and differ even from local to local. I'm Union, and feel blessed to be able to access the benefits when a lot of wage slaves are powerless. Especially now in this trickle down economic dumpster fire.

Fair enough, but there is a very big difference between unions in the private sector and public unions on the taxpayer dime but not accountable to the taxpayer. Especially when those union members have a license to kill.

I totally agree...public sector unions are mobster, corruption pits in bed with the politicians; both dembs and republicans... Everyone knows this...
edit on 7-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Probably the only tweet I've ever agreed with ol' talcum-x on...

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
There may be more Democrat mayors, but that doesn't mean they are in control of the police departments, or that they are protecting and defending their police departments.

Democrats are more likely to campaign on promises of police reform, only to be elected and then find out that the police departments (and their unions) have far more power than he/she realized.

It's shocking how many cities have ongoing feuds between their mayors and police chiefs, and for precisely this reason: police reform.

The mayor usually appoints the chief of police. It flows downhill from there.The Democrats have been conning the black community since LBJ was President. Most people have forgotten that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican and The confederacy was mostly southern Democrats.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I totally agree...public sector unions are mobster, corruption pits in bed with the politicians; both dembs and republicans... Everyone knows this...

Then it seems we're on the same page after all!

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Are you clowns capable at this point, of doing ANYTHING other than D vs R

I don't think you are..pretty sad.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

The mayor usually appoints the chief of police.

This varies greatly depending on the municipality. Sometimes it is the sole decision of the mayor, other times it's the decision of a city council, or even a joint decision. Who has the power to fire the police chief likewise varies. And even with that power, any official actions have to be taken in accordance with employment and/or union contracts in force, and city codes and statutes.

It flows downhill from there.

It definitely flows downhill, but there's plenty of fingers to point and blame to go around. No one is innocent in this mess we have today. Both Dems and Pubs have brought us here.

ETA: If you'd like to understand how it's done, there are many good articles -- recent and otherwise -- which detail exactly how various police unions, and their contracts, thwart any disciplinary action (much less firing) against police officers. Some contracts give police officers more "rights" than we have.

unions block police reform
edit on 7-6-2020 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

The same Left that are currently proposing a number of solutions to police brutality all over social media?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The 1% hijacked the various causes that seek to end the oppression of the 99%.

They throw money at those causes knowing it appears to be support, but the money is used to steer and undermine the causes. They only give enough ensure the wealth gap grows larger.

The 1% have no interest in ending any oppression, and I do not buy it if they say they do.

In the present circumstances, the 1% are signaling the only way to end black oppression in America is to oppress the 99% that aren't black.

I have heard a number of celebs, corporations, and wealthy public figures acknowledge and apologize for profiting from black Americans and black culture. They admit it. So why not file a class action lawsuit against those who openly admit to amassing gobs of wealth on the backs of black Americans and recover that money?

Their confessions are everywhere...there's no shortage of evidence.

And the media bears much of the blame, too. Proving the media's culpability in contributing to the oppression of black Americans should be easy, too.

The 99% of non-black Americans -- who rightly claim and can easily prove they are not disproportionately finding any advantage or opportunities from being white -- would probably be tickled to support that effort. I know I would!

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

My wife and I were talking about this earlier today.

Basically, if things are going smoothly, then government would seem oppressive if they came in with new laws restricting freedoms.

But if there are upheavals, dramas, crises. . . . then government can come in with the same laws and people willcall the government saviors.

Just now I saw a blurb on the television about the House democrats proposing sweeping new laws to deal with this.

Sometimes I hate being right.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
A few Liberal heads surely must've exploded over that tweet. Liberals can't handle the truth, or an opinion that goes against the narrative that they're pushing.

Don’t know if you know Shaun King but there is none more liberal. He’s like that white lady that pretended to be black for half her life.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
How does the major steer an unsteerable object which only answers to its own rules?

I do not think that the major of a town is responsible for its police force, right? If a policeofficer would commit murder while on duty, no major ever has had to leave office, right? The same for every other big bad-cop-no-donut-situation, right?

If the responsibility is none, there is no way there was any kind of authority.
and vice versa:
If you have no authority, you cannot be held responsible for their actions.

Therefore: the major does not lead the police forces.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
If you say "Democrats are running the cities, so they are responsible for the bad situations the cops have to deal with", you are missing several key points:

- cities are far more heterogenous than a small town.
- in a heterogenous situation, some clusters will build.
- good clusters and bad clusters.
- it is easier to regcognize a cluster of badness, because those clusters in large cities tend to become more populous than some smaller counties. That is a large number of badness. Not bad people, that would be an unfair generalization, but bad circumstances providing breeding grounds for unruly behaviour. Concentrated in much smaller areas than counties.
- if you have known bad clusters in your city, you have to do something about those. But what?
- the republicans have missed to find a majority in those cities. Why?

Because there are no answers, not simple nor complicated. If you use more force, you get more counter-aggression.
The only way would be to disperse the bad clusters by simultanously moving away bad elements (I am still not talking about people but circumstances) and bringing in good elements.

Bad elements could be:
- underfunded schools.
- work only as minimum wage jobs
- giving the people the feeling of "no way out of this mess"
those are circumstances no one would want their children to grow up in, right?

Tell me how a major can actually apply resources to those problems
- schools are funded by the *local* tax ressources. Stupid. But "They have to pull themselves up by their bootstrings", yeah right. Big companies get bailed out, and that is good, but different?
- companies want to get tax-evasion effects before they even *think* about going into bad clusters. And then they prefer to stay on the edge of that area and try to protect them from everything with fences and workers from "trusted" areas of town.
- every person has a "Maslow's hierarchy of needs", security coming directly after the very basic foundation: food, rest, warmth, water. Security has to be provided. If security is provided by persons who are ready to shoot first, ask (if at all) later, you get a counter force from people who do not think that this is a valid way to handle things.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
San Francisco may stop hiring cops with records of misconduct

Wait.
Stop!

This wasn't policy so far?!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes. The good old tried and true play the people always get hooked on:

1. Create the "problem"

2. Offer the "solution"

Currently on display - Pandemic & Vaccine and many more!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
And THAT my friends is the TRUE systemic issue. If you're going to have liberal left leaning policies, you need to be able to deal with the liberal left leaning systemic issues.

Systemic Racism
Systemic Poverty
Systemic Illiteracy
Systemic Violence

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
You realize he's not saying they should vote for Republicans, right?

He's saying the so-called Left Wing politicians that have been elected are no different than those on the Right. That if people want to see change they need to elect actual Leftists and not just more politicians owned by corporations.

Your interpretation is horribly twisted 254.
You, again, are wrong (not sorry).
Please have someone re-read his quote for you.
To make it easier for you, I have included it here: "Democrats, from top to bottom, are running the cities with the worst police brutality in America right now."

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yep and the Governor of Minnesota is a white Democrat and the Mayor of Minneapolis is a White Democrat. All things being equal, they should be brought up on charges & their homes burnt down around them and their families.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Democrats are using the black community and they are blind to it.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Chicago sees its deadliest day in 60 years with 18 murders in 24 hours:
www.foxnews.com...

Uh O! - Look out for the riots and self righteous indignation squads! - Oh wait, its blacks doing it to themselves, not the cops so its ok...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join