It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looting in the name of Floyd

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Is pretty much a no sh@t statement as everyone sees what the cop did was murder, and everyone understands that protesting peacefully is our right while anything else is breaking the law, so I'm not sure what you are suggesting here other than maybe to say some people are stupid?

Did you notice the sentence from the Original Poster that I quoted? Yeah? That's why I said that.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
And the looting and torching of neighbors livelihoods should loudly and clearly be denounced.

Pretty sure I saw the entire family denouncing this and saying it was wrong and not what Floyd would have wanted.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And the looting and torching of neighbors livelihoods should loudly and clearly be denounced.

Pretty sure I saw the entire family denouncing this and saying it was wrong and not what Floyd would have wanted.

And yet it still continued. And I wasn’t referring to the family. I was referring to Democrat Elites.

Are you saying one action should not define a entire group? But one bad cop indicates systemic racism. But burning building after building, city after city doesn’t indicate systemic arson by protesters. Strange. Do go on.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Now you starting to see way logic and strength of argument is not part of the thirteen rules for radicals....

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

And yet it still continued.

Yeah? And? Does that mean I have to be a nitwit and lump Constitutionally protected protesting in with rioting?

And I wasn’t referring to the family. I was referring to Democrat Elites.

Pretty sure I didn't see any of them advocating for rioting either.

Are you saying one action should not define a entire group?

I am.

But one bad cop indicates systemic racism. But burning building after building, city after city doesn’t indicate systemic arson by protesters. Strange. Do go on.

Did you just put some words in my mouth? What's with you people and strawmen arguments?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Now you starting to see way logic and strength of argument is not part of the thirteen rules for radicals....

Er? What?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Speaking of rules, perhaps a review of these could be of help for your content. #4 and #19 maybe...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Well to be fair this whole mess is happening due to anecdotal information over factual information
edit on 6/7/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

Not following. Are you saying Floyd's death was anecdotal?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

What's going on is all over the death of Floyd? No, neither is it about police brutality.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
What's going on is all over the death of Floyd?

It's what helped instigate these current protests and I'm still not seeing the anecdotal part.

Either way, protesting is legal, looting isn't, if you don't like the protests too bad.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

What's going on is all over the death of Floyd? No, neither is it about police brutality.

I wonder how Floyd would feel about your statement? That's right, he can't feel sh!t, he's dead.

for you as well....try #9 for starters then we can continue.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

What straw-man arguments?

Minneapolis Mayor Defends Stand-Down Order As Rioters Burn Police Precinct

ktrh.iheart.com...

What was the rioting over.........

And who gave into the rioting?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The ones where you're attributing things to me that I didn't say. Those strawmen arguments.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The ones where you're attributing things to me that I didn't say. Those strawmen arguments.

I didn’t attribute anything to you.

Me to you...

Then if you agree, But one bad cop indicates systemic racism?

This is where you provide statically data showing systemic racism resulting in deaths.

The logic. If Floyd’s death is systemic racism for a single police depart under 40 years of democrat mayoral control. And the city control in general. Then the burning building after building, city after city does indicate systemic arson by protesters.

edit on 7-6-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed

edit on 7-6-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I am.

But one bad cop indicates systemic racism?

It does not.

This is where you provide statics data showing systemic racism resulting in deaths.

This, once again, is called a strawman. The only one bringing up 'systemic racism' in our conversation is you. It really sounds like you want to argue with yourself at this point. Either that or you're trying to play 'gotcha' with me but maybe you forgot I'm not exactly some low grade moron like too many people on this site are.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

The logic. If Floyd’s death is systemic racism for a single police depart under 40 years of democrat mayoral control. And the city control in general. Then the burning building after building, city after city does indicate systemic arson by protesters.

Where your "logic" falls apart is that the people committing crimes were criminals using the protest as cover for criminal behavior.

Broad brush....

Check it out....# 13 this time

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: neutronflux

Where your "logic" fall apart is that the people committing crimes were criminals using the protest as cover for criminal behavior.

Broad brush....

What where they rioting over again?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Let me help you out...

The Double Standard of the American Riot
The nationwide protests against police killings have been called un-American by critics, but rebellion has always been used to defend liberty.

www.theatlantic.com...

Black rebellion and protest, though, have historically never been coupled with allegiance to American democracy. Today, peaceful demonstrations and violent riots alike have erupted across the country in response to police brutality and the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery. Yet the language used to refer to protesters has included looters, thugs, and even claims that they are un-American. The philosophy of force and violence to obtain freedom has long been employed by white people and explicitly denied to black Americans.

Let me help you out just Incase you missed it, “ Today, peaceful demonstrations and violent riots alike have erupted across the country in response to police brutality and the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, and Ahmaud Arbery. Yet the language used to refer to protesters has included looters, thugs, and even claims that they are un-American.”

Now my argument stated clearly.

I didn’t like the burning of the precinct the murder of Floyd was stationed out of. But there was a sense to it.

The looting and torching of neighborhood businesses, ruining neighbors livelihoods makes no sense, and will always be part of the legacy of the protesters.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Protesting isn't always legal, there are guidelines, no?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join