It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looting in the name of Floyd

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Well, I guess you are not the 100% stupid then like me

Now we agree on something.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
In Simplistic Terms , Stealing Anything from another Person is WRONG PERIOD . Lets see you Use your Pretzel Logic here to Refute that .....

Why would I refute something I never said? You truly are confused.

" 100% of people who think 90% of the protests are about looting are 100% stupid. "

Oh Sorry , I thought you meant ...

100% of people who think 90% of the protests are about Looting are 100% Correct .

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I didn't bring up looting as being acceptable, you did, so you could basically argue a strawman with yourself since arguing the facts with me would make you look buffoonish.

edit on 7-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

a reply to: neutronflux

Spare the left/right BS, both sides are crap.

That has nothing to do with what I posted...

Minneapolis has been dominated by Democrat mayors for more than 40 years. If systemic racism exists in the Minneapolis police force it has been enabled by Democrat leaders for more than 40 years. Make no mistake, Gov. Walz, Mayor Frey, Attorney General Ellison, Police Chief Arradondo, Rep. Omar, Sens. Klobuchar and Smith – you own this situation. You have all run on platforms promising you would rid our community of this type of heinous behavior.

www.twincities.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The OP's premise is imbecilic. First, how can anyone determine that --- even if it were true, which it's not. His assertion mean that if there was 1,000 protesters, 900 would be looting. We know that's not true. Predators always hide behind legitimate identities. That's why so many pedophiles find there way to becoming priests or scout leaders. That doesn't mean 90% of priests or scout leaders are pedophiles. But there is a palpable desperation to focus blame away from the actual problem.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Right leaning views are going to align with right leaning people and vice versa. If you think excessive police violence is just a left thing then you are pretty much hopelessly deluded politically.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Check out...DEMANDPROTEST.COM.. reply to: Spacespider

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think we need some Mich

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Right leaning views are going to align with right leaning people and vice versa. If you think excessive police violence is just a left thing then you are pretty much hopelessly deluded politically.

Again. Your trying to change the subject......

I helped with the rebuilding of homes in the 9th ward in New Orleans after Katrina.

We had to lock up the tool trailers, or keep a person stationed in them to keep people from stealing from the trailers during the work day. The trailers were staged right next to the houses being worked on.

Mind you, these were mission trips.

Another time, a group unpacked the few belongings a person had from a storage Pod and left items on the lawn during lunch. The group walked down two blocks to the church. Ate their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, walked back. The yard was picked clean of the homeowners personal items.

One house I worked on was for an eighty year old lady. Very nice lady. Very proud her passed husband was a chief in New Orleans. Right after Katrina, somebody took her husbands knife sets from the flooded out house. The ministry was at the point to place a New AC unit for her house. The first AC unit was gutted for copper. The second had a steel cage placed around it. The steel cage was cut with a cutting torch, and the second AC unit was gutted for copper again. The third unit went on the home owners roof.

The church we slept in was locked up every night like a compound with a stationed security guard.

If lots of these people want legitimacy and respect, they need to start standing up and respecting the most vulnerable in their own neighborhoods.

What happen to Floyd was murder. PERIOD. And every cop should be by the book. Period.

But.....

Some people call the torching of buildings and protesters becoming vigilantes justice. But the same people label cops fed up by injustice who try to dispense “justice” on their own as police brutality.

It seems many cop precincts are set up for failure.

edit on 7-6-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

100% of people who think 90% of the protests are about looting are 100% stupid.

Well 100% of the looting is about looting.... Why are many of you trying to say that many of us see that protesting is the same thing as looting, burning and destroying.

STOP IT!

Geez

Its the left that keeps saying protesting AND looting together in the same sentences...

STOP IT!

Geez

Peaceful protesting is our first amendment right, anything past that is a crime...

edit on 7-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

So you agree, good

With you? No, I turned on my brain prior to logging in.

Well, I guess you are not the 100% stupid then like me

Keep up the good work!!

edit on 7-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So you can take your “ leaning view points” and shove it.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Looting in the name of Floyd sounds like a rage against the machine song.

'Another Brick In The Walmart'
--Black Floyd
edit on 7-6-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

None of that has to do with my comments. Zero.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Well 100% of the looting is about looting....

Where did I say otherwise?

Why are many of you trying to say that many of us see that protesting is the same thing as looting, burning and destroying.

Where did I say that? I called out the Original Poster for his dopey comment, if you feel slighted by that it's your problem.

Peaceful protesting is our first amendment right, anything past that is a crime...

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Do the same with your anecdotal and irrelevant stories.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Do the same with your anecdotal and irrelevant stories.

Because I have actual experience, seen a situation where the 9th Ward cannibalizes it’s own, and used a logical argument.

No wonder people of the 9th ward think bad of everyone when their own neighbors are repeatedly stealing copper from the AC units of an eighty year old Katrina survivor. And the cop precincts are powerless to stop the self destruction of neighborhoods. Then the cops have to live in fear of being caught up on police brutality charges.

edit on 7-6-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Because I have actually experience...

Which is purely anecdotal and is being used by yourself for bias confirmation.

My original comment: 100% of people who think 90% of the protests are about looting are 100% stupid.

I'm changing that to 110% stupid. They're so stupid the actually passed into a 5th dimension of stupid where regular math doesn't work anymore.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Well we can take the word "you" out of my statements and just say many, but your statement here..

100% of people who think 90% of the protests are about looting are 100% stupid.

Is pretty much a no sh@t statement as everyone sees what the cop did was murder, and everyone understands that protesting peacefully is our right while anything else is breaking the law, so I'm not sure what you are suggesting here other than maybe to say some people are stupid? lol

Great point!!

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Because I have actually experience...

Which is purely anecdotal and is being used by yourself for bias confirmation.

My original comment: 100% of people who think 90% of the protests are about looting are 100% stupid.

I'm changing that to 110% stupid. They're so stupid the actually passed into a 5th dimension of stupid where regular math doesn't work anymore.

And the looting and torching of neighbors livelihoods should loudly and clearly be denounced. Yet, the looting and torching has tainted the protests. And that looting and torching is now part of the protesters story and legacy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join