It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City Democrat Blame racism if coronavirus cases spike after George Floyd protests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I've no real words to describe the depth of stupidity that is required to hold this viewpoint so here is a quote from the article...

A New York City Council Democrat is blaming racism for a potential rise in cases of the coronavirus after a week of nationwide protests over the death of George Floyd.

Mark Levine, chairman of the council's health committee, on Wednesday instructed those worried that mass gatherings would lead to an uptick in COVID-19 cases to "blame racism" instead of a lack of social distancing.

"Let's be clear about something: if there is a spike in coronavirus cases in the next two weeks, don't blame the protesters," Levine tweeted. "Blame racism."

Article link with Twitter link

This is from someone that said this in February...

In February, a month before many states enacted quarantine measures, Levine told New Yorkers that they were "missing out" if they didn't join thousands of unmasked people in Chinatown to celebrate China's Lunar New Year holiday.

"In powerful show of defiance of #coronavirus scare, huge crowds gathering in NYC's Chinatown for ceremony ahead of annual #LunarNewYear parade," Levine tweeted. "Chants of "be strong Wuhan! If you are staying away, you are missing out!"

Can someone here on ATS that is from the left please explain this train of thought to me?

Can anyone anywhere show me any proof WHATSOEVER that there was any racial motivation behind the murder of George Floyd?

Because I'm honestly baffled.

edit on 6-6-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

So who do we blame if it turns out there is in fact NO spike in coronavirus cases....

Asking for posterity....

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Racism caused the need for protests.

Protests caused the rise in Covid-19 deaths (assuming that happens)

So Racism caused the rise in Covid-19 deaths.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

So who do we blame if it turns out there is in fact NO spike in coronavirus cases....

Asking for posterity....

Donald Trump

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I don’t know what you’re seeing. But it is most definitely NOT racism, but police brutality that gonna cause the next spike. Or disadvantaged socioeconomics, or systemic oppression, or......

/sarc

edit on 6-6-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Asking for posterity....

Donald Trump

Cool. I’ll tell Xi Xinping’s CCP and the WHO they’re off the hook....

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Police brutality caused the protests. The protests haven't been linked to a rise in covid. Its a bit of a jump in logic.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
and now I want to have a drink after reading that, I just have no idea how you even address that level of... you know I dont have an adjective for that.

link   
There should be a sanity test for public office.

Of course that would mean all current public officials would be out of a job.

Maybe they should just pick names out of a hat every year. Would be much more interesting than everyone blaming everything under the sun on the same 4-5 buzzwords.

+9 more 
link   

Not quite good enough, since gathering to protest the lockdowns two weeks ago in New York was considered a hate crime.

Try again?

~confuzzled~

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Police brutality caused the protests. The protests haven't been linked to a rise in covid. Its a bit of a jump in logic.

We were told the anti-lockdown protests were going to crush the hospitals, yet many thousands more are showing up for the protests that turn riot after nightfall so why shouldn't we expect the same.

Even though the media is adamantly ignoring what they were just saying a few weeks ago about any protest.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Asking for posterity....

Well then our health officials in America will be proven right, I guess...

Looting and rioting makes you immune to the virus?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Can someone here on ATS that is from the left please explain this train of thought to me?

This is a start, though its just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
His view of his lower intestines must be fabulous. Can he wedge his shoulders in, though?

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

This is a start, though its just the tip of the iceberg.

Just... brava.

I'm adding that to my meme folder.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just goes to show that it's people with "feelings" that dictate what's on topic these days. The rest of America is simply carrying on. There's work to do.

edit on 6-6-2020 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The Covid-19 Virus is guilty of Systemic Racism?

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Can anyone anywhere show me any proof WHATSOEVER that there was any racial motivation behind the murder of George Floyd? 

It's not racism, that was an asshole cop that shouldn't have been on the force that killed Mr. Floyd.

The propoganda outlets are having a field day winding up the plebs and as far as protesting in the middle of a pandemic well all I can say about that is stupid is stupid does.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Where does racism come into play for the black store owners that had their stored looted and destroyed by other blacks, and the black owners/security that were beat and killed by other blacks who wanted to loot?

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

DanDanDaft

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join