It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An opinion on societal racism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
We now have BLM protests happening on fairly large scales in the UK and Australia because I guess police everywhere are just totally racist. The aboriginal community in Australia has a much higher rate of imprisonment than other communities but it couldn't possibly have anything to do with them committing a disproportionate amount of crime, must be racism. Let me be clear, I acknowledge that there is unfair bias applied to indigenous/native/African people in western nations, but I want to take a hard look at why that is the case rather than just assume the primary reason is racism and then demand that we defund people paid to prevent crimes like murder and rape.

It is very unfortunate that most people of color have to live with this bias and I feel sorry for those who are targeted despite being upstanding citizens. However, is it not fair to say police should target communities with the most crime? Let me ask one simple question, does it make sense to loot businesses and beat up shop owners if you want the cops to leave you alone? Doesn't that just prove the exact point you're trying to disprove? If your reaction to one guy dying is to burn down cities and attack cops, you're only giving them more excuses to target your communities while also hurting your own people. Many businesses will never re-open due to increased insurance, etc.

They don't even care who they target, I've now seen several different videos of black business owners in tears because their stores were ransacked or burned down. It takes truly sad pathetic people to use the death of a man to rob from their own community and then cry about how they are unfairly targeted. A thread posted a few hours ago claimed that millennials have made a lot of positive progress reducing racism and sexism, ironically I believe the person who posted it is an older member. As a millennial, I would ask, if we've really made so much progress, why are we protesting like it's still the 1960's every time a person of color is killed in a cop related incident?

A few years ago in the US a white women called the police and was shot by a black cop despite being the one who called them. He was charged with murder and the situation was resolved in a just manner, no looting required. I don't think racism had anything to do with it, unfortunately we live in an imperfect world and things can go wrong. Moreover, there will always be bad apples in any group, there will always be corrupt cops but that doesn't mean we should just forget the idea of law enforcement. The cop who killed George was clearly in the wrong imo, the knee-to-neck tactic is dangerous and unnecessary, but maybe he was just a brutish cop.

We don't know if he chose to apply that tactic to specific suspects based on the color of their skin, he may have used it several times in the past and didn't expect the suspect to die. I know I might seem like a completely insensitive person for daring to write this, but really I'm just trying to help people understand how to improve their lives. If you're respectful towards police there is an extremely high chance they'll be respectable towards you. I'm not a cop or friends with any cops, like I said in my previous thread my experience with police hasn't been very pleasant, but those experiences have taught me a valuable lesson.

I still remember the first time I spoke to a cop without a smart-ass attitude, in return the cop was very nice to me, which was something I never experienced before. Instead of instantly assuming the entire world is biased against you, look at ways in which you can behave which remove any reason they have to target you. If you look and act like a gangster then the cops are simply going to treat you the way you are portraying yourself. I understand very well it's hard escape that culture when you're born into, but if you want to stay stuck in that cycle of misery the best way is to adopt a victim mentality and allow hatred and disdain to drive you.

How can it be that racial tensions are growing so high yet we have less racism than ever? We need to stop buying into the manufactured outrage. Honestly that's probably what annoys me more than anything else, we're creating these deep divisions based on race when it's completely unnecessary. I have a massive level of respect for anyone who is able to look past race and judge people individually, it takes wisdom and intelligence to realize that is the most productive approach, especially in the face of inequality and hardship. We will never eliminate racism if we don't live by our words and treat all people the same, we will only see more tribalism.
edit on 6/6/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It ramped up under Obama - he worked on the division.
It was all a game.
There's actually very little racism in the West now.
It's probably most significant in the black community - they tend to thave the most racists.
edit on 6/6/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hotbox the damned planet, our egos are destroying us.

Fluoride out of the water Psilocybin in.

we messed up

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

A few years ago in the US a white women called the police and was shot by a black cop despite being the one who called them. He was charged with murder and the situation was resolved in a just manner, no looting required. I don't think racism had anything to do with it,

yes the lady that was running towards a police vehicle at night , from the side, after reporting someone in distress and the black cop was crucified within weeks...vs... a cop who killed a man in broad daylight while handcuffed..yea racism is made up.

thanks op..oh I mean tribalism...
edit on 6-6-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

A few years ago in the US a white women called the police and was shot by a black cop despite being the one who called them. He was charged with murder and the situation was resolved in a just manner, no looting required. I don't think racism had anything to do with it,

yes the lady that was running towards a police vehicle at night , from the side, after reporting someone in distress and the black cop was crucified within weeks...vs... a cop who killed a man in broad daylight while handcuffed..yea racism is made up.

You can't escape the facts.

White woman killed by black cop - who gets arrested and charged with murder - no riots
Black man killed by white cop - who gets arrested and charged with murder - burn the country down.

Like I said, if you are out rioting OR support the riots, it's you who is the racist.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

We now have BLM protests happening on fairly large scales in the UK and Australia because I guess police everywhere are just totally racist.

That's in your face globalist/NWO shadow elite pulling the strings. Happening in other parts of the EU.

edit on 6-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yep.

Soros and the rest of the cabal aren't even trying to hide the fact that they are totally at war with western society, yet many sheep will tell us we don't know what we are talking about.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Like I said, if you are out rioting OR support the riots, it's you who is the racist.

They don't care if you call them names ...

After they've gone home with a new Samsung 4K and a Bose sound bar.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I never said racism was made up. The officer involved in the shooting of Justine Damond wasn't sentenced until around a year after the shooting took place and it was quite a controversial case. The officer who killed George has already been charged with murder and all the other officers involved have lost their job from what I heard. What you don't hear about however is people who've died in the riots, such as David Dorn, a retired police captain of color who was killed while trying to protect a store from looters. Are you going to show me the same level of outrage over his death or some how shrug it off to protect your political paradigm?

A retired police captain fatally shot during looting in St. Louis was passionate about helping young people and would have forgiven those behind the violence on the city's streets, his son says.

David Dorn, 77, was killed while responding to an alarm at a pawnshop overnight Monday, St. Louis Police Department announced in a news conference Tuesday.

"Throughout the night, we made 25 arrests for various charges. And then there were 55 businesses and counting that were burglarized and had property damage," St. Louis Police Chief John Hayden told reporters.

Retired St. Louis Police captain killed after responding to a pawnshop alarm during looting

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Racism exists but not on the scale were led to believe.

What were seeing is class warfare, however it's being disguised as racism, this is one of the ways the ruling class keep people fighting among themselves and the focus off them.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Here's my opinion on the matter.

Racism it a thought and thoughts aren't illegal.

Acts of racism are illegal.

They have been for decades.

It's not about the acts anymore, there's a push to govern how you think.

This will bring about "thought crimes".

An afront to the 1st Amendment here in America, but people want to make it illegal to have the wrong opinion.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If there is a bias or stereotype it's coming from personal experiences not racism. That's one sad thing all this is doing is reinforcing stereotypes.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
If there is a bias or stereotype it's coming from personal experiences not racism. That's one sad thing all this is doing is reinforcing stereotypes.

Exactly, it's not like cops are just hardwired to be racist, they learn through experience who is a threat to them. Like I said it's sad because it creates a bias but it's not like that bias comes from thin air. I think if we could all be a cop for a week the world would be a much more peaceful place and a we'd have a much deeper respect for what their job involves. What we really need is more empathy, no one has empathy for anyone else anymore, least of all their political opponents. As you say this type of behavior only reinforces those stereotypes and biases. I would have no issue with peaceful protests, but when you start beating up women and old people you've crossed a very serious line in my books.
edit on 6/6/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I never said racism was made up. The officer involved in the shooting of Justine Damond wasn't sentenced until around a year after the shooting took place and it was quite a controversial case. The officer who killed George has already been charged with murder and all the other officers involved have lost their job from what I heard. What you don't hear about however is people who've died in the riots, such as David Dorn, a retired police captain of color who was killed while trying to protect a store from looters. Are you going to show me the same level of outrage over his death or some how shrug it off to protect your political paradigm?

A retired police captain fatally shot during looting in St. Louis was passionate about helping young people and would have forgiven those behind the violence on the city's streets, his son says.

David Dorn, 77, was killed while responding to an alarm at a pawnshop overnight Monday, St. Louis Police Department announced in a news conference Tuesday.

"Throughout the night, we made 25 arrests for various charges. And then there were 55 businesses and counting that were burglarized and had property damage," St. Louis Police Chief John Hayden told reporters.

Retired St. Louis Police captain killed after responding to a pawnshop alarm during looting

You won't see protests for him because it doesn't fit the agenda. Last year 49 police were murdered (not accidents), 40 of them white. Where are the protests for their lives? Non-existent. It's a massive double-standard and until people stop tolerating it, it's going to continue.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

we messed up

If we haven't been sold a total lie, COVID will correct the problem for us all in the coming weeks. These protesters are standing in each others hip pockets, yelling, sweating, frothing at the mouth for hours. Either COVID numbers spike massively soon or we were lied to.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: wheresthebody

we messed up

Either COVID numbers spike massively soon or we were lied to.

No matter the outcome we can be damn sure we were and continue to be lied to every day through selective editing, omission, and often downright fabrication.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Just saw this video about David Dorn and others killed in the riots. This is what I call a wise logical thinker who is pro-human instead of judging people based on race. Never heard of this guy before but massive props to him for having the guts to voice his true opinion.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

You can't escape the facts.

White woman killed by black cop - who gets arrested and charged with murder - no riots
Black man killed by white cop - who gets arrested and charged with murder - burn the country down.

you're right, the facts are facts.

a man gets kneed to death while handcuffed and restrained while 3 other cops watch in daylight

and a woman who ran toward a police car at night out of the field of view of the cop and while a possible casualty was in progress.

facts.

fact is it took protests to finally charge the cop while it took no time to arrest the black cop.

facts are facts you're right.

now spin is a different thing, you will spin this to fit your story, but the fact is we have 2 justice systems, 2 separate operatives dictating the outcome of the rule of law.

it's 2020 and guess which country is still rampant with racism, ....surprise...!

thank God for technology

demoting racism to just "nothing" stops now. sorry.

the pretending stops now, the technicalities stop now.

sorry.

the collective world has seen enough. keep playing stupid.

edit on 7-6-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The issue in Australia with our indigenous population is complex. Yes indigenous Australians are more likely to commit petty crimes but the issue is cause and effect. They are caught up in a vicious cycle of intergenerational poverty, entrenched by a mistrust by the larger Australian community that ruins their life chances. This poverty has the effect of hopelessness, disenfranchisement which leads to crime and substance abuse. It is because of racism that they live in poverty, yet because they are in poverty, they commit crimes, because they commit crimes, people dont trust them and hold prejudiced views. Like I said, vicious cycle and I have no simple solutions.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Equal blame goes to all the people involved in the totalitarian tiptoe, that echo of left right left right left right left right boot stomping all of us throughout history.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join