It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t Shut Down Protests Unless It Is A Stay At Home Orders Protest

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You just can't make this up. So, it is OK to have protests and cornoavirus in not a concern "UNLESS" it is a protest against "stay at home orders". If it is that kind of protest, then we shouldn't allow it because that kind of protest can transmit Covid ????

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

whdh.com...

“However, as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States.

This should not be confused with a permissive stance on all gatherings, particularly protests against stay-home orders.”

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Some protests are more equal than others.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

if it wasn't real it would make a good meme.
Damn, that is funny LOL.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

This is BS..... quite frankly it’s like they want us to know the Wizard of Oz is real or something..... I want a mulligan on 2020. It’s like we slipped into a timeline where Citizen Kane meets Idiocracy

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Would it be to much to ask to get them to explain how 1 protest is safer than the other

And they wonder why people don't trust them

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I feel like I'm watching a really bad movie where the plot makes no sense at all.

No FF button though.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
You just can't make this up. So, it is OK to have protests and cornoavirus in not a concern "UNLESS" it is a protest against "stay at home orders". If it is that kind of protest, then we shouldn't allow it because that kind of protest can transmit Covid ????

whdh.com...

“However, as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission. We support them as vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of Black people in the United States.

This should not be confused with a permissive stance on all gatherings, particularly protests against stay-home orders.”

Yet another post that is not read properly by the thread author, for some reason?

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Yeah.

That's absolute bull#.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Says the same thing.

Either a gathering is going to be a covid transmission hotbed or not, why does it matter what the topic is?

Is it justified because police are going to kill more black lives than covid 19? I sincerely doubt that.

edit on 6-6-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Nope. He read it. Protests against stay at home orders are risky for covid. Protests against cops isn't.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Here's a link to the actual letter, allegedly.

The letter is hosted on a Google drive ... which seems ... very weird.

However, I found it linked from this website: Racism is a public health emergency - Washington State Nurses Association

WSNA supports the princi­ples outlined in the ​“open letter advocating for an anti-racist public health response to demon­stra­tions against systemic injus­tice occur­ring during the COVID-19 pandemic” spear­headed by Univer­sity of Washington infec­tious disease experts and signed by 1,288 public health profes­sionals, infec­tious diseases profes­sionals, and commu­nity stakeholders.

I don't know what to say.

If they were just fronting for the protests ... that's what I would expect from the narrative.

But to say it's okay to protest police violence but not okay to protest government overreach FROM A PUBLIC HEALTH PERSPECTIVE is pure bull#.

And as you can see ... the coding in the article and in the letter is pure social justice warrior BS.

It's illogical.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So not all protests matter equally?

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
More proof that the Virus and the Protesting are orchestrated by the **New.World.Order//American.Democrat** alliance

They've got it all figured out !!

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

La La Land!

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If this had been put out by ... I dunno ... the Institute for Racial Harmony or some BS think-tank ... I wouldn't care.

This though originates at the University of Washington Department of Infectious Diseases.

Here's an article from the Seattle Times: source

It's absolute bull#. I want to think that it's insanity contained to that particular departmetn at UW but it's not.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: DanDanDat

You had to search for backup for claims you've made repeatedly? Almost every post you make on the topic? Like it was on the tip of your fingertips? Yeah, okay.

Well then. In the Times report you should have also joggled your memory to remember that the projections of 2.2 million dead in the US would have been the outcome of following Trump's early inclinations to do nothing and treat COVID as a Democrat hoax.

I linked the projection from the group that has been most often quoted in all media, which was 81,000 deaths BY JULY with social distancing.

So the reliable projections given social distancing were LOW back in March and the reality even with social distancing will outstrip that number by 40 thousand or so.

And yet, you and others keep desperately trying to claim that all that was just lies, no need for social distancing, time to get back to work, etc. etc.

Thanks for your efforts in finding support for your memories.

I've really got to remember to just ignore absolutely absurd posts.

Shrugs, walks away

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
More proof that the Virus and the Protesting are orchestrated by the **New.World.Order//American.Democrat** alliance

They've got it all figured out !!

That would make sense if only Democrats participated in the lock-downs and other associated BS.

I know you're just doing what you do, but ... really that just invalidates what is shaping up to be a real conspiratorial concern.

If there's a #ing virus that is deadly, how does it know the difference between a protest against police violence and a protest against state overreach.

IT'S A VIRUS, it's a strand of RNA.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The Protesting has put a damper on the COVID19 "testing testing" Democrat narrative !!

Now the protesting without social distancing will open the doors for new Trump Rallies !!

OO_o_pps 😆

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: infolurker

whdh.com...

Yet another post that is not read properly by the thread author, for some reason?

Wut?

edit on 662020 by Wide-Eyes because: I love Green Velvet

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
How many of the "experts" are actually, you know, doctors and nurses?

Or is it full of a bunch of educators, students, office-based managers and other such nonsense?

Strongly suspect the latter. I doubt any competent doctor would say "yeah, go hang around with 5,000 people in close proximity. Totally cool" during a global pandemic.

Of course there are plenty of incompetent doctors out there.
edit on 662020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join