It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did no one march for Tony Timpa? This will be important to Floyds case...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
look at the statistics www.statista.com...

]in 2019 data of all police killings in the country compiled by Mapping Police Violence, black Americans were nearly three times more likely to die from police than white Americans. Other statistics showed that black Americans were nearly one-and-a-half times more likely to be unarmed before their death.

keep in mind black people make up only 16 percent of the population. www.statista.com...

washington D.C., with a black population of nearly 50 percent, had 88 percent of all police killings be against black Americans – a discrepancy of over 38 percentage points.

why do black people get the cops called on them when they are minding their own business?? the black entrepreneurs using the gym at their work...the black who stood under the eave when it had started to rain...the black who entered their own home....birdwatcher in the park and what that other black birdwatcher in the park the cops called on him so many times he had to make a BIG sign saying he is there watching the birds...it's not just getting killed in broad daylight on camera for passing a twenty dollar bill

a reply to: neformore

edit on 7-6-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So.... joining a riot and terrorizing the white people who are already afraid of them makes that better.................. how?

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
a reply to: underwerks

No, the riots and "protests" going on presently are entirely focused on skin color and not police brutality.

As someone who has attended 3 different protests (2 in Miami and 1 in Ft. Lauderdale) and has actually spoken with other protesters, white, black and Hispanic, I have to disagree with you. Unless every other protest occurring is somehow different than the 3 I’ve attended, if you go to one and talk to some of the people protesting, it won’t take long before you start hearing about why everyone is there.

Maybe you should go check one out instead of talking out your ass on a forum.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: chadderson

Only to a person that can’t get past the emotions they feel when discussing race in America.

The rest of us completely understand what this is about.

If lying about cops trying to seek out and murder black men is what you think then you are a fool. And only an idiot would see it is color of skin over content of character.

MLK said deeds say more than skin color.

You say skin color means more than deeds. There is no logic here from you. Don't hurt yourself by being wrong and doubling down on it. Thinking clearly about what goes on in cases like this are not Marxists talking points when you analyze the facts.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: chadderson

I'll tell you what it's really about.

Trump is President still!

They're willing to burn the country down and blame it on him.

It's so well orchestrated and executed that I'd even suggest Trump is a Patsy by Design.

Like 6 years ago it was decided in a dark room that Trump would beat Hillary and they planned each failing attack to impeach him so it'd successfully divide everyone 50-50 and continually build tension.

Then after the failures mounted they'd be so frustrated mass violence would ensue and Trump would react and they'd keep blaming him.

And soon we'll all be shooting each other in the streets.

This is because America and it's Liberty stand completely in the way of what the elites really want - complete total global hegemony.

So they'll do whatever it takes to get it. All the slaves play into this ignorantly, believing themselves to be Woke when in reality they ARE the Zombie in it's fully realized form. Utterly braindead, running thru the streets for blood, mindless and robotic.

Tools, they get used then tossed away.

I emphasize this last line because that is what the left had better learn. If they are not the very elite , then they are useless idiots for the very people they claim to want to take down. All while chasing a lie the other side has to defend. All we need to do is arrest the treasonous and seditionists and this ends.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I remember watching this video years ago - the brutality and callousness of all involved has stuck vividly in my mind. It was the first thing I thought of with the description of the Floyd case (haven't watched the video because of how this case has stuck in my mind).

Are you sure it was only released as late as 2019? The case was covered in the UK and I could have sworn the video was uploaded to youtube and went viral in late 2016. I may be wrong but I'm pretty certain the UK press had the video and were broadcasting it in 2016 and a vague memory of someone on ATS (potentially Grambler) starting a thread on it with the video in the OP around 2016.

Or I could just be getting confused between a leaked video of the event in 2016 and an official release post trial.
edit on 8-6-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

EDIT: Found the video uploaded to youtube as early as 8th December 2017 using google but a lot of search results have been removed due to data protection.
edit on 8-6-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It doesn’t fit the narrative of the agenda of cultural Marxism, which seeks to use racial inequity as a platform to “fundamentally change” our society( to put it as Obama did).

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: matafuchs

That's not protesting, but I do agree that it is not racially motivated. Something still needs to be done to stop it though.

There was no riot because a group of racist black supremacists don't care about police violence really, they want to be above the law.
Riot if a black man is killed, ho hum if it's a white person.
THAT attitude is an ACTUAL demonstration of racism.
edit on 8/6/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: chadderson

No, the riots and "protests" going on presently are entirely focused on skin color and not police brutality.

Precisely.......

When a crime any crime gets referred to as the crime it is......

as in a burglary, an assault etc. without referring to the colour or race of

either the victim or the perpetrator the racial issue will continue!

A CRIME IS A CRIME WHATEVER COLOUR OR CREED A PERSON IS.......

concentrate on that.

I'm not sure if I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly but in the UK the media has a policy of not mentioning the race of people unless it's relevant to the case or race was the motivator or cause of the crime committed.

I.e If a [insert race here] attacked a person of [insert race here] because of racial motivations then the race of the perpetrator and victim would be named.

If a person of [insert race here] had committed a crime and was on the run then race would be mentioned in the description

If a person of [insert race here] committed a crime that had nothing to do with race and was caught by police then race wouldn't be mentioned as it has no relevance to the story.

Mentioning the race of someone when it's of no relevance to the case is against journalism ethics and the rules set by the Press Complaints Commission as doing so achieves nothing apart from sustaining racism.

As I said I'm pretty sure I'm misinterpreting what you're saying as you're a wise woman and I'm probably stating the obvious to you.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Boadicea

YOU summed it up. We should all be concerned with everyone.

And it can't be said too often or by too many.

It must also be said that the police departments gone rogue are still the exception and not the rule. Every department will have their problems, but they can be worked out.

But the ones who are rotten are usually rotten to the core, the rot starts at the top, and they're a magnet for more rotten apples. But in the end it's about power and abuse -- not race (except as an excuse and distraction). The rotten ones want it to be all about race, because it keeps the people divided and distracted and fighting among themselves. They don't care if folks hate them. They just care that they can keep doing what they're doing.

Dairy farmer told me that the scum rises to the top with the creme and the farmer has to separate the two to have a decent product. That analogy fits. They do just care to keep on doing what they wish to do. It is up to us to separate the creme de le creme and poop can the rest.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
H

originally posted by: neformore

You are proving my OP. My point. What is different between this and Floyd? None. One life is better than another for...impact? politics? ratings? It is not hard to see what sells and it is not a schizophrenic rich white kid who has cops laughing about his death.

I know you can read, so again, I ask - how could people have protested about something they didn't know about?

As for the other part of your questions there. No life is better than the other, but you are trying to perceive it that way. This guy was white, Floyd was black, the common denominator is public execution. YOU are trying to make this issue about race.

Why is the Floyd death news? Because the black community saw it and has stood up against it. Because they see a causality between police actions and how they are treated.

Does that mean other people should be treated that way? No. Does it cheapen the guy you refer to's death? No. If anything it amplifies the calls for the Police to be reigned in and kept in check.

You are deliberately obfuscating a point, and the reason why is coming off as being really, really ugly.

How you ask? that is the reason for the OP it seems. To say it wasn't reported very much and NO ONE cared in the media TO REPORT IT TO US..

I think that makes sense in volumes.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Dairy farmer told me that the scum rises to the top with the creme and the farmer has to separate the two to have a decent product. That analogy fits. They do just care to keep on doing what they wish to do. It is up to us to separate the creme de le creme and poop can the rest.

That is an excellent analogy -- thank you!

We know that people are imperfect. We know that includes people in all walks of life, including law enforcement. We can use our own thought and reason to make the relevant distinctions. We don't have to accept the scum with the cream. We can throw out the bad and keep the good.

It's not all or nothing.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: highvein

That's not protesting, but I do agree that it is not racially motivated. Something still needs to be done to stop it though.

There was no riot because a group of racist black supremacists don't care about police violence really, they want to be above the law.
Riot if a black man is killed, ho hum if it's a white person.
THAT attitude is an ACTUAL demonstration of racism.

Or does it allude to a profile that white people don't care enough about white people getting killed by government agencies. White people not protesting white people getting killed doesn't mean that black people protesting black people getting killed are wrong.

Riots happen when there are no protests also. It is not a protests fault that there are riots anymore than it is a sports teams fault that there are riots.

Rioters don't care what cause there is to riot.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 68Satellite
So what about David Dorn?

I'll let you all go Google his name..I won't put a link, your should go look it up and think a bit..
If you're going to really be behind injustice and the BLM cause then this man should be at the forefront of these protests not a person who had been a life long criminal..pistol whipping a pregnant woman is disgusting...
DAVID DORN
No one seems to know this man's name and that's unacceptable and quite frankly disgusting.
If you're going to rally around a cause pick a good one and an honorable one.
The virtue signaling is sickining IMHO.
His life mattered too.. He did nothing but help people his whole freaking life. Where are the protests for his name.. His memory his contribution hu?
Flavor of the day..the next Twitter cause... Etc etc
And by the way.. Protesting during a pandemic is the stupidest thing and most irresponsible thing anyone anywhere should be doing at this point.

I just can not understand society these days or the people not using their heads..

Yup! Fully agree! Total media led outrage S and F and all that jazz for you !

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

just say what you really want to say dude

And what is it that you think he wants to say ?

I'm so serious please answer me . what are you getting at ?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

I'm not sure if I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly

I realise that I sometimes have an odd way of expressing myself, and this

board is international with mostly Americans..... I'm thinking you got the gist.

In the UK the media has a policy of not mentioning the race of people unless it's relevant to the case or race was the motivator or cause of the crime committed.

If that is true I can't say that I have noticed ..... because that was my very point!!

And when UK is reporting US crimes/cases I tend to find it happens too and that

is the point of my post. In the US I have noticed they use the expression African

American a lot....... and I wonder why, because I feel that feeds into any situation

and endorses racism.

Mentioning the race of someone when it's of no relevance to the case is against journalism ethics and the rules set by the Press Complaints Commission as doing so achieves nothing apart from sustaining racism.

Exactly my point, However I am noticing more and more the lack of ethics

in journalism and the media, and more so the once neutral BBC!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 68SatelliteThe virtue signaling is sickining IMHO.

i am constantly nauseous from it.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Lack of ethics in the media!!!?? Say it ain’t so!!
The NYT just fired an editorial manager for printing an opinion of a republican!!
How terrible that they let that slip on an “ opinion” page.

I don’t think there’s an outlet left that’s neutral 99% are liberal

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

If you think the video of George Floyd is disturbing, take the time to watch this. I bet none of you have ever heard of Tony Timpa. I hadn't...and I should have. We all should have. He was killed in the same fashion as Floyd. Why was change not implemented by the administration in 2016 as promised?

Where was the march?
Where was the outrage?
Where was the justice for this man who did nothing?

You haven't figured it out yet?

Only Black Lives Matter.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Weren't the officers were convicted in this case?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join