It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Daily Mail... Oh My God!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The majority of people know that The Daily Mail is a rag that doesn't use truths on most of its content, but man, they need to reel it in some.
One of the officers in the George Floyd case was only on the job for four shifts, so he was new, but he is still guilty (of what, I don't know) of being involved in a death.
(No, I do not take what The Daily Mail has to say for any real truth, but their style really irritates me, I didn't think that it was possible to be worse than CNN.

Maybe you think that the charges brought up on him warrant him not being hired, but the "charges" are more frivolous than anything, really.
I mean, he sounds like your average guy that got into some trouble when young, like a lot of us, and didn't know what he wanted to be for a career, not some person that couldn't be a better and responsible cop.

Remember, I am not taking up for him really, as far as being someone that could've stopped this, but when he was being hired, that is my point, I don't see the HORROR that they are trying to bring up.
It's not keeping me up at night, but this is really about how HORRIBLE The Daily Mail is and the crap they spout off about anything from what they perceive as "the RIGHT".

______________________________________________________________________________________________

www.dailymail.co.uk... ation&ci=17664&si=1184641

(Excerpt from TDM's article)

However, during these years Lane was also compiling a laundry list of convictions from dozens of criminal charges and traffic violations, being convicted of seven of the charges in total.

Speeding, obstructing traffic and two parking meter violations were among the four related to traffic violations but he also faced more serious criminal charges on several occasions.

When he was 18, Lane was charged with two counts of obstructing legal process, damaging property, unlawful assembly, and disorderly conduct but details of the incident are not available.

Minneapolis police ban the use of chokeholds in arrests as...

George Floyd's girlfriend who sobbed over his casket reveals...

edit on 6-6-2020 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Jun 6 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
We all know of some 'Grocery store RAG' there at the checkout next to the candy, batteries and Bic lighters. No one really believes this fiction..., no body expects it to be real.

But is often the case... there is a grain of truth in the stories they print, hence it exists. and again.... not always.

We all know the Blacks want Blood, they want them, the 4 cops, crucified killed and burned to ash They will riot until they get their way, and TPTB must sacrifice them to the Mob or else.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well, with all the traffic violations, they knew he could drive fast in town to get to a crime scene. He decided to get a job to protect himself from getting speeding tickets.

Lots of cops drive way too fast when off duty, I know that from having friends who were cops, they liked to drive fast before becoming cops....some even had built up cars like I used to have. You would not want a cop to stop at every stop sign and not speed if you called the cops because someone is breaking into your house would you? You would want a cop with the guts to come in and apprehend the burgler, not sit out and negotiate his release if he allows one hostage out of the three to come out. I do not want a pansy coming to my house if I need the cops.

This lane guy had no choice but to follow the lead of the head cop. If he would have said anything he would have been unemployed, he was a rookie. The two rookies did not seem to be that much to blame, they just followed orders. The cop on his neck, that guy needs to be charged with murder and he is being charged, no problem there, no justification for what is going on all over the country.

The guy who died (Floyd) was in trouble a lot for drugs and once even for armed robbery, he spent quite a time in jail I guess. I did not fact check everything but here is some of the information about it. nypost.com...

Here is another article greatgameindia.com...

Now there is no justification for that officer killing him, but he does not deserve to be made a Martyr. If we start putting criminals up on a pedestal it is bad for society, do people want a society where being a druggy and criminal is prestigious?

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

A cop with a criminal record is like a arsonist becoming a fireman.

Not fit for purpose.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

The majority of people know that The Daily Mail is a rag that doesn't use truths on most of its content, but man, they need to reel it in some. One of the officers in the George Floyd case was only on the job for four shifts, so he was new, but he is still guilty (of what, I don't know) of being involved in a death. (No, I do not take what The Daily Mail has to say for any real truth, but their style really irritates me, I didn't think that it was possible to be worse than CNN.

Okay, you don't like the Daily Mail -- we get that.

But the article you posted links and quotes from other easily confirmed reputable sources -- Business Insider and the (Minneapolis) Star Tribune -- as well as court documents.

As for the character of the officer involved and the previous charges against him, I'm not going to judge him based on his past alone, but neither will I brush it off completely. Time will tell if it's a continuing pattern of behavior on his part.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Parking tickets!!! Oh My Gosh!!!

Yeah, it's a questionable hire for sure but some people actually can be rehabilitated. Not saying this one was, but it is possible.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Here is something I learned about the Daily Mail...

Here(and on other sites)people will always mention how something said here then appears in the DM.
There are people who think they have people who troll boards looking for stories but, more often than not DM bought the story.

I was in a private group that was shut down because members were selling DM the "secret info" being passed in it. This info was concerning major people in the UK.

However, when the members where desperate for cash they would sell the DM fake stories, which then printed them as real. Because they had previously sold them "good info."

This was all recent.

i still read them but they have went heavy into the Propaganda machine again. It's election year.

----
On the cop himself....well it adds to the conspiracy.
I'm just going to keep asking myself questions on this whole situation.
edit on 6-6-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Not fit for purpose.

Ha!!! Give a fireman a bag of fireworks and watch their eyes light up and roll back like a shark.

Speeding and parking tickets?? The last line of obstruction, property damage, etc, sounds like the charges all the protesters and rioters are guilty of. Maybe he marched for BLM before it was hip.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This has become a game of credibility. There is a full tilt news spin to paint every cop involved as a murderous racist who is a menace to society. Meanwhile painting the victim as this alter boy who would never even dream of committing a crime...

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Horrible paper! I remember a few years ago, they tried to destroy the charity sector with lies and BS.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
My position is that if these police department reformers want Masters degree level mediators out on patrol, cities are going to have to start paying incoming officers a tad more than 7-11 cashier wages. Nothing against 7-11 cashiers, it was my first real job for a bit over 2 years, but I lived at home and was still in high school.
edit on 6/6/2020 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Back in the day,the daily mail also used to support Hitler and Oswald Mosley(British Fascist who non Brits may have seen in the latest season of Peaky Blinders).
And they never miss an opportunity to have some kind of story about hitler even today-Hitlers sandwich found!Eva Brauns toe nail clippings recovered from museum!-OK I made those up,but its that kind of thing.

My main problem with their website is how they seem to employ "journalists" with the reading writing and comprehension skills of a week old mildly retarded bannana skin.
Mind you,that could be said for most British tabloids,and even some of the broadsheets these days.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Regardless of the Daily Mail's, um, 'questionable' history, I think this article makes a perfectly valid point. This isn't the first highly publicized incident involving the Minneapolis Police Department. After all of the negative attention from those incidents, why wasn't their police department extra diligent in regards to who they allow to wear the badge? It shows they've learned nothing from their past mistakes.

Is there anyone amongst us who believes police departments around the nation should let any ol' dimwit be a cop? The main goal of this entire protest is to hold police to a higher standard of accountability and good place to start would be making sure police are more scrupulous during the hiring process, particularly being more strict in regards to candidates' backgrounds.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp

It's not keeping me up at night, but this is really about how HORRIBLE The Daily Mail is and the crap they spout off about anything from what they perceive as "the RIGHT".

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Er, The Daily Mail is very much a, 'right wing' rag.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Not fit for purpose.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Ya, the requirements for being law enforcement are a joke.

I see my high school bullies in the faces of the cops beating civilians.

People capable of that kind of violence are demented, I don't know how a person could argue against that.

top topics

join