It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Org - BLM Spokes-lady Says Read the Manifesto - Its Pretty Deep.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
June 6, 2020

In reference to the BLM Manifesto: blacklivesmatter.com...

After hearing a Black Lives Matter spokes-lady on MSNBC who made some sense, I decided to find out what their "platform" is.

But the organization's Manifesto (what they believe) must have been written by someone with a Doctorate in the Humanities..

Example 1:

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.
Does the above mean the BLM organization approves of someone who's not heterosexual, being labeled as "queer" ?

Example 2:

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.
Does the above imply that Black Republicans are shown the same love and respect as Black Democrats, by the Black Lives Matter organization?

Thanks in advance to those of you who were kind enough to help clarify the BLM position in those two areas. If you can provide any additional insights into the contents of the "What We Believe" page ( blacklivesmatter.com... ), that would be great.
Cheers -

-CareWeMust

edit on 6/6/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure

I find the first sentence of these two adjacent paragraphs contradict each other. I see it as being confusing more than explanatory.
edit on 6 6 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Wow...how many buzzwords can you fit in one paragraph.....?

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Good gravy...more toe-curling pandering. Why wouldn't the lives of LGBTQIA black people matter? Why did that need to be clarified?

edit on 6/6/2020 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   
THIS is what its actually about :

blacklivesmatter.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

blacklivesmatter.com...

Freggin commies.

Climate,healthcare, and the biggest deal break 'common' sense gun reforms.

That did nothing to stop 'black' lives from ending in cities like Chicago.

BLM is nothing more than the militant arm of the D's along with Antifa.
edit on 6-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Climate change, healthcare, and gun control makes you militant?

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: neo96

Climate change, healthcare, and gun control makes you militant?

Using violence to achieve their masters political agenda does.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

If you pay attention to the chatter around the internet, you'll find that the buzzwords and tactics between BLM and the Trans Agenda are coming from the same (extreme left) playbook.

Just one example: Trans people don't want to have to explain anything to us awful "cis" people... they don't owe us their "emotional labor" and it's not their job to "educate" us. BLM folks are saying the same thing about not wanting to explain racism to us awful white people... they don't owe us their "emotional labor" and it's not their job to "educate" us.

All while telling us to shut up and listen and just do it (whatever "it" is in the moment).

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
They call each other "comrades".
It's on their website.
Does it need further explanation?

In the about section:

Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person....etc

edit on 6-6-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
In other words, "shut up and do what we say" you dumbbells 😆🚬

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
As an outsider, can someone explain to me why black voters in particular are "repressed" as stated on BLM's website? There's a lot a don't get about this whole thing but really don't understand that line. Thanks

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

As an outsider, can someone explain to me why black voters in particular are "repressed" as stated on BLM's website?

Because the people they've constantly voted for decades use's negative renforcement telling them they are, and once elected does nothing about it.

Then point the finger at someone else.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

LOL ... is that the best nit-picking you could do?

As to the use of "queer" ... some view it as reclaiming a hateful word .. as in LGBTQI ...

Black Republicans lives would matter, i.e., they shouldn't be subject to execution by the police state.

Perhaps you should start here if you really wanted to understand the organization:

Black Lives Matter began as a call to action in response to state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Our intention from the very beginning was to connect Black people from all over the world who have a shared desire for justice to act together in their communities. The impetus for that commitment was, and still is, the rampant and deliberate violence inflicted on us by the state.

What we Believe - Black Lives Matter

Hope that helps. Please let me know if I can explain the obvious to you on any other subject.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
As an outsider, can someone explain to me why black voters in particular are "repressed" as stated on BLM's website? There's a lot a don't get about this whole thing but really don't understand that line. Thanks

Any "explanation" would be useless because nobody is actually "repressed".
Just another myth created by American Democrats and their NWO allies. ☯️

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Does seem like it's going to be all about butt sex, rather then education seminar.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It's an interesting departure from the Black churches leading the civil rights movement.

They were the core of the movement in the 1960's. A lot of progress was made at that time. Certainly wasn't perfect but changes were made.

The new leaders seem to fit nicely into the Democratic party philosophy - with immigration, gay rights - rather then specific racial issues.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Right now, they want us on our knees.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Because they've been told as much.

African-Americans disproportionately are poor in this country. To explain why that is, they've been told it's because the country is racist against them and the system is rigged against them.

It doesn't matter that blacks can immigrate from pretty much any other country on earth and succeed in living productive family lives here which pretty much argues against that because American blacks are mired in poverty, it is only the country's fault and not any fault in their way of life alongside it.

Now I am not going to argue that blacks as a group have not had steep hills to climb in the past. We all know that's not true, but we are 60 or so years out from the Civil Rights era and the end of that system. Blacks have been the beneficiaries of more programs and policies to help lift them up than probably any other ethnic group in the country, even Native Americans.

I think at this point, nothing will change for those black Americans mired in poverty until they meet those programs halfway. They're going to have to acknowledge that there are some flaws with their cultural practices that need to be addressed as a community (lack of fatherhood for one, lack of emphasis on education) in order for them to begin to make strides to change their situations. We have spent billions trying to just give them what they want. But when you give a man a fish ... he only eats for that day.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

blacklivesmatter.com...

This part is hilarious:

We will amplify and do a deep dive into the issues that affect our communities most and hold our candidates accountable on these issues.

Ahem. Your communities have been electing people that have lied to you for fifty years. Your community "leaders" have kept you down and in poverty using worthless mind games and destructive rhetoric for fifty years.

Yep, I'm going to enjoy watching these geniuses re-elect the same, old, tired, corrupt Democrats that have been holding their thumbs on the black community for fifty years. Not that I enjoy the oppression, it's very wrong, but I will be amused at the fact that they've made this bold statement and yet will keep doing what they've been doing - for the last fifty years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join