It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof the US Unions are "infested" with Liberal Agneda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
DETROIT -- The United Auto Workers says Marine reservists should show a little more semper fi if they want to use the union's parking lot.

The Marine Corps motto means "always faithful," but the union says some reservists working out of a base on Jefferson Avenue in Detroit have been decidedly unfaithful to their fellow Americans by driving import cars and trucks.

So the UAW International will no longer allow members of the 1st Battalion 24th Marines to park at Solidarity House if they are driving foreign cars or displaying pro-President Bush bumper stickers

"While reservists certainly have the right to drive nonunion made vehicles and display bumper stickers touting the most anti-worker, anti-union president since the 1920s, that doesn't mean they have the right to park in a lot owned by the members of the UAW," the union said in a statement released Friday.

Shocked and disappointed, the Marines are pulling out.

"You either support the Marines or you don't," said Lt. Col. Joe Rutledge, commanding officer of the battalion's active duty instructors. "I'm telling my Marines that they're no longer parking there."

At a time when U.S. armed forces are fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan, quibbling over parking privileges is "silly," Rutledge said.

The UAW has a long history of barring foreign-made cars from its parking lots. The subject is touchier than ever as Detroit's Big Three loses market share, driving down union membership.

The pro-Bush bumper stickers are another sore spot after last year's election.

UAW President Ron Gettelfinger opposed President Bush, accusing him of ignoring calls for labor law reform and failing to combat unfair business practices in China -- a growing threat to U.S. manufacturers.

The dispute arises as the UAW, using laid-off workers for labor, is building a $300,000 home for the Veterans of Foreign Wars. The home in Eaton Rapids will operate a residential program for children of veterans who don't have parents, or whose parents can't care for them.

"We do not think it is unreasonable to expect our guests to practice the simple principle of not insulting their host," the UAW statement said.

Rutledge is unmoved."

DETROIT -- The United Auto Workers says Marine reservists should show a little more semper fi if they want to use the union's parking lot.

The Marine Corps motto means "always faithful," but the union says some reservists working out of a base on Jefferson Avenue in Detroit have been decidedly unfaithful to their fellow Americans by driving import cars and trucks.

So the UAW International will no longer allow members of the 1st Battalion 24th Marines to park at Solidarity House if they are driving foreign cars or displaying pro-President Bush bumper stickers

"While reservists certainly have the right to drive nonunion made vehicles and display bumper stickers touting the most anti-worker, anti-union president since the 1920s, that doesn't mean they have the right to park in a lot owned by the members of the UAW," the union said in a statement released Friday.

Shocked and disappointed, the Marines are pulling out.

"You either support the Marines or you don't," said Lt. Col. Joe Rutledge, commanding officer of the battalion's active duty instructors. "I'm telling my Marines that they're no longer parking there."

At a time when U.S. armed forces are fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan, quibbling over parking privileges is "silly," Rutledge said.

The UAW has a long history of barring foreign-made cars from its parking lots. The subject is touchier than ever as Detroit's Big Three loses market share, driving down union membership.

The pro-Bush bumper stickers are another sore spot after last year's election.

UAW President Ron Gettelfinger opposed President Bush, accusing him of ignoring calls for labor law reform and failing to combat unfair business practices in China -- a growing threat to U.S. manufacturers.

The dispute arises as the UAW, using laid-off workers for labor, is building a $300,000 home for the Veterans of Foreign Wars. The home in Eaton Rapids will operate a residential program for children of veterans who don't have parents, or whose parents can't care for them.

"We do not think it is unreasonable to expect our guests to practice the simple principle of not insulting their host," the UAW statement said.

Rutledge is unmoved

www.detnews.com...

How long are we going to let this stuff happen. The union "thugs" steal money from hard working people then support only DNC agrenda items. I could almost see banning "imported" cars but the issue of cars with "bush" stickers proves the UAW is now nothing but a DNC operative and should be disbanded................I would suggest not only the marines but the entire federal government buy only imported cars. Let the union "thugs" starve for money.................

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

How long are we going to let this stuff happen. The union "thugs" steal money from hard working people then support only DNC agrenda items. I could almost see banning "imported" cars but the issue of cars with "bush" stickers proves the UAW is now nothing but a DNC operative and should be disbanded................I would suggest not only the marines but the entire federal government buy only imported cars. Let the union "thugs" starve for money.................

Let it happen as long as it wants to. That's what I say. If the government can be a bunch of thugs, why can't the people? We have mafia, we have the government and corporations - why not have unions too?

And don't import foreign cars, most Foreign cars are better than any USA made car... European and Asian have some really nice cars.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracidI would suggest not only the marines but the entire federal government buy only imported cars. Let the union "thugs" starve for money.................

Yeah Dr.
Way to show your love for America.
Tell everyone to stop buying US cars to get back at those unions who want everyone to support US manufacturers.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by DrHoracidI would suggest not only the marines but the entire federal government buy only imported cars. Let the union "thugs" starve for money.................

Yeah Dr.
Way to show your love for America.
Tell everyone to stop buying US cars to get back at those unions who want everyone to support US manufacturers.

Yes, those same union thugs that put engines made in mexico or canada and various other internationaly made products into "American" made cars. Many "imports' are made in america by american "non-union" workers. Oh yes, and lets see, american "Chysler" products ...oopps make that Daimler errr German.........errr "get the point".

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The "liberal Agenda" is The United States of America, it's workers, and US Unions.

This is not a bad thing. Organized labor is good. And Bush is a union buster.

Originally posted by DrHoracid
"While reservists certainly have the right to drive nonunion made vehicles and display bumper stickers touting the most anti-worker, anti-union president since the 1920s, that doesn't mean they have the right to park in a lot owned by the members of the UAW," the union said in a statement released Friday...

Rutledge is unmoved."

That explained everything perfectly.

Guests of the Union are told they can't use the parking lot while advertising the ANTI US, ANTI WORKER, ANTI UNION AGENDA.

It would be nice if the liberal unions were a little more enlightened than their coporate counterparts "infested" with the conservative agenda...

Woman Fired By Pro-Bush Employer for Kerry Bumper Sticker

But we all know how this game is played.

If Churches can ask "guests" to leave for being divorced or supporting abortion, and the Boy Scouts don't have to accept anybody they don't want, and Employers are allowed to pass out political information, but employees aren't...

"It upset me and made me mad that he could put a letter in my check expressing his (political) opinion, but I can't put something on my car expressing mine."

She was referring to a flier that she said Geddes placed in employee envelopes to remind them of the positive impact that President Bush's policies have had on them. An employee at the plant who would not identify himself confirmed the contents of the letter.

Gobbell provided a copy of the flier. It says:

"Just so you will know, because of the Bush tax (cut):

I was able to buy the new Hammer Mill
I was able to finance our receivables
I was able to get the new CAT skid steer
I was able to get the wire cutter
I was able to give you a job"
It further says:

"You got the benefit of the Bush tax cut. Everyone did."

Then the Union can do anything it wants with it's parking lot and restrictions on guests.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Well Rant I persaonnly see unins as inherently anti-american, why you ask?
Well because in pro-union states a worker can not get a job without joining a union.
Try getting a job drivng a truck in jersey without a union card and see just how far you get.
Is that American Rant? Not being able to get a job unless you pay union dues?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I read that article earlier on Drudge, and I was fuming. After calming down, I realized that it is UAW's parking lot, and if they want to act like crybaby liberals, go right ahead. It does them more harm than good!

UAW and the Democrats have so much in common. They are both in deep trouble.

What is a foreign car anyway? Toyota? Nope most are now made in the US. BMW, as mentioned in the article, some are made in South Carolina. Ford, some are made in Mexico. Chrylser, ....excuse me it's Daimler Chrysler, thanks DrHoracid, for pointing that out.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Also, reservist meet on weekends, when the parking lot is not being used by UAW. If I was the Reserve Unit Commander, I would not allow ANYONE to park there, and take a picture of the empty lot and take out a full-page ad in the local paper, explaining UAW's decision. I would also use tax-payer money to do it!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
We live in NY, there are more non-union jobs than union, and yes, my husband has driven trucks for a living.......

I'm beginning to think that some believe just about every social advancement made in the last 200 years has been anti-american.....ending slavery, ending child labor, barring companies from locking women into factories, safer working conditions, fairer wages, equal education for all.....heck even the idea of all the kids should be educated, environmental protection, everything...it should just all be undone......

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
And yet another thread aptly demonstrating the expertly engineered division of the U.S. populace into two camps for which both echo "if you're not with us, you're against us." If you listen to these two, problems of any sort always boil down to "the other side" being too much unlike "our side". And thus, rules for parking in a private lot become a blip on the national agenda of dividing thought.

This is very sad.

There's a giant conspiracy staring you in the face, and you don't see it because of the trees blocking the view of the forest.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
We live in NY, there are more non-union jobs than union, and yes, my husband has driven trucks for a living.......

I'm beginning to think that some believe just about every social advancement made in the last 200 years has been anti-american.....ending slavery, ending child labor, barring companies from locking women into factories, safer working conditions, fairer wages, equal education for all.....heck even the idea of all the kids should be educated, environmental protection, everything...it should just all be undone......

Glade you finally came to your senses.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If the unions didnt have a Liberal agenda, the Neocons would shut them down and force all the union workers to make $7 USD an hour. Thank you Liberal agenda for helping our American citizens and providing a good living wage for the union workers. A big NO THANKYOU to the neocons and conservatives who wish to abolish the Union and force even more of the American population to embrace welfare and other state sponsered social services funded by our tax dollars. Hmmm............ Now who really is for the average American? And who is on the side of the ruling elite? Pretty clear now.

[edit on 3/14/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
ummm.....
unfortunately, the REAL OWNERS of the land that I live on disagree as far as the environmental issues......
and they are claiming 4,000 square miles of their land back, just to push the issue......

---------------------------------------------

Onondaga Nation makes land claim
3/11/2005 8:00 PM
By: Jim Lokay, News 10 Now Web Staff

It was an announcement many here call long overdue.

The issue at hand is a narrow swath of land from the North Country to the Southern Tier. The Onondaga Nation says the land was unfairly taken away by the state over two centuries ago.

"We realize those things have happened, and we're here today, so how do we make those things better? How do we go on?" said Onondaga spiritual leader, Sid Hill.

In the Onondagas' case, it's by filing a massive land claim for what it calls its rightful home, 4,000 square miles, including Watertown, Oswego, Cortland, Binghamton, and Syracuse, the largest U.S. city ever part of a land claim.

But the reasoning is different than most suits.

"Onondaga Lake is where western democracy started. There's no reason why people from around the world shouldn't be coming here just to look at that and understand our history and how it all worked out," said Chief Oren Lyons.

The centerpiece of the suit is pollution and degradation of the land.

www.news10now.com...

--------------------------------------

if justice did indeed rule in our courts, they would get their land back, and well, they just might get their wish to once again by the "caretakers" of the land, and be able to influence the environmental regualtions that are enforced in these 4,000 square miles that cut straight through NY State. That would be 900,000 people for them to say, hey, we don't like the pollution that your cars are pumping into the air, here, have a horse instead.......

If the people up here were smart, they would start petitioning the governor to just give all this land back to them, as long as the tribe is agreeing to let them stay on it.....since then, hey, they are part of a soverieng nation, and free from the taxes from the state and federal government, then well, everyone else can deal with the stupid national debt that some seem to insist must be made, it won't be our debt!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
So hasn't anyone informed the union guys that here in America we can drive whatever foreign made rice burner we want? IT'S A FREE COUNTRY, Right?!

I guess the parking lot belongs to the union, tho. And right now, the union is behaving like a 4 year-old.

Sounds pretty silly to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
And yet another thread aptly demonstrating the expertly engineered division of the U.S. populace into two camps for which both echo "if you're not with us, you're against us." If you listen to these two, problems of any sort always boil down to "the other side" being too much unlike "our side".

There's a giant conspiracy staring you in the face, and you don't see it because of the trees blocking the view of the forest.

Well said Skeptic. I refuse to discuss partisan issues because of that reason........imo, if people really felt the need to divide into camps, let's start taliking about the 'haves' and 'have nots.' Economic issues to a certain degree determine educational level and thusly, your role in society.....the dots are there......they can be connected......but the government knows how to grab the attention of people. If it isn't politics, it's religion. If your tired of that, the entertainment industry.......and so on and so forth....

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

If the unions didnt have a Liberal agenda, the Neocons would shut them down and force all the union workers to make $7 USD an hour. Thank you Liberal agenda for helping our American citizens and providing a good living wage for the union workers.

Yeah, and thanks also to the "liberal agenda" unions for forcing corporations to pay unskilled workers $30 an hour to screw nuts onto bolts - resulting in US corporations taking their factories overseas in order to make a decent profit.

Unfortunately, paying unskilled workers forcibly inflated wages doesn't help the "American citizens" in the long run. But hey, I'm sure you knew that.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

If the unions didnt have a Liberal agenda, the Neocons would shut them down and force all the union workers to make $7 USD an hour. Thank you Liberal agenda for helping our American citizens and providing a good living wage for the union workers. A big NO THANKYOU to the neocons and conservatives who wish to abolish the Union and force even more of the American population to embrace welfare and other state sponsered social services funded by our tax dollars. Hmmm............ Now who really is for the average American? And who is on the side of the ruling elite? Pretty clear now.

Perhaps in a "free" market wages for "superior" products will be higher. Now the cost of the product is being dictated by the union wages, production times, etc, and so jobs are being "driven" out of america.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partyof1

Yeah, and thanks also to the "liberal agenda" unions for forcing corporations to pay unskilled workers $30 an hour to screw nuts onto bolts - resulting in US corporations taking their factories overseas in order to make a decent profit.

Your knowledge of unions is inept at best. MOST unions dont pay quite that much. Labor unions, for example, In Kentucky make something like $14.50 USD an hour. A far cry from $30. The reason our factories are going over seas is because of the taxes levied upon them, and the corprate greed that would rather not have to pay those taxes.

Unfortunately, paying unskilled workers forcibly inflated wages doesn't help the "American citizens" in the long run. But hey, I'm sure you knew that.

Actually, ALL unions send their members to schools throughout their union career. These people go to school to learn how to operate heavy equipment and machienery, read blueprints, many different types of welding, and many other classes that pertain to that particular unions trade. Unskilled workers? Hardley. That is a myth perpitrated by the right to enforce their idea that the union members are not worth the money being paid to them. But hey, I'm sure you knew that......................

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Your knowledge of unions is inept at best.

Thanks for your insight, but in truth you really know nothing about me or my knowledge of unions. You're guessing.

Actually, ALL unions send their members to schools throughout their union career. These people go to school to learn how to operate heavy equipment and machienery, read blueprints, many different types of welding...

Humm, really? Las Vegas is a huge union town. I don't know many blackjack dealers, or laundry personel that are being paid to go to welding school.

Unions are an archaic relic of our economic past. At one time they worked - now they don't.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
no, but were they provided the training they needed to become dealers?? I got a feeling that they were.

My husband learned his trade through an apprenticeship that probably wouldn't have been if it wasn't a unionized company that he was at at the time.....
I occasionally see ads in the paper from the welding union, or plumbers, or others for these apprenticeship programs.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join