It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will never kneel

page: 61
<< 58  59  60   >>

join
share:
(post by MrSensible removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: seagull

Its all in the realm of body language. An example: bowing. Obama was lambasted for bowing, but in some cultures bowing is a sign of respect, not subservience.

We are a European nation, at least by tradition. Bending the knee is a sign of subservience in our culture. Without the baggage of our cultural meanings, it would simply be a refusal to stand for the flag. Which, if we are being honest, was pretty common in the US prior to Kap and his nonsense.

Why did they want to pull down the statue of Lincoln emancipating the slaves?

Because the slave is on one knee and Lincoln is inviting him to come up off that knee, but the reason they want that statue gone is because the slave is in a subservient, *kneeling* position.

Check many of the other statues of figures who would otherwise pass unremarked - Teddy Roosevelt at the natural history museum. There are POC in the piece in positions the mob find to be subservient, and kneeling is one of those positions.

But we must take a knee.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

It goes back a lot farther than that.

The act of "taking a knee" is an act of subjection going back millennia. It is and has always been what one does when acknowledging the superiority of an Overlord, and pledging fealty thereto. One "takes the knee" to their Overlord.

I have no Overlords, and therefore will never "take the knee".

They can all kiss my ass.

While I'm standing.

new topics

<< 58  59  60   >>

join