It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will never kneel

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TzarChasm

I missed the part where Rosa Parks was a drug-addled woman with a history of violent criminal activity.

I missed the part where that means he should be murdered in cold blood. Rosa Parks wasn't the most saintly person either, but she was an example of the same prejudice and cruelty we are seeing today. And again, she wasn't publicly murdered.

You do realize that you made absolutely zero sense with this post, don't you?

Re-read it and maybe think a moment.

I'm still confused about why you think Rosa Parks was a saint and Floyd deserved to die.

Why do you believe that anyone wanted Floyd to die?

That is really weird.

I mean, off the chain, weird.

You said he's a criminal, and therefore not worthy of the same acclaim Rosa received. He's just another black felon who got his due. That's what I read from your summarization of his character.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

The powers granted during the lockdown to harass almost every facet of society certainly didn't help any that had the impulse to do what Chauvin did.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

Gotta be something in the water or they have Goa'uld parasites implanted. How do you rationalize this insanity and LEOs taking a knee, err lying down on the job with anti-Constitutional leftists..?! In my background you'd be beaten to a pulp, then fired. And it's only going to get worse.

Black Lives Matter & Hypocrisy. Some raw truths the leftists can't accept because they're unable to think for themselves. (a few F bombs to make his point)
www.youtube.com...

I should point out that Oregon has largely been isolated from this. (Our Floyd protests only became violent in the after hours when there was nobody else there but the ANTIFA clowns.)

And we don't flouridate our water.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

He was a man who died so our virtues could live. He was a martyr, perhaps by accident but that makes no difference. Being a criminal doesn't make him less worthy, unless you are in a position to judge.

He was already judged... five times as I understand it. And he was found guilty by a judge!

I'll take that judgement over yours any day.

As for him dying so our virtues could live... are you comparing him to Jesus now? George Floyd didn't want to die for you... he tried everything in his power to not die for you! I'd bet good money if he could have, he would have sold your soul for a few quick deep breaths! Now you want to sanctify him?

That's as bad as the people saying he deserved to die because he was a criminal.

I want to know... George Floyd was a criminal, and Derek Chauvin is (about to be) a criminal... so why is one being martyred and the other condemned? Maybe we should martyr Chauvin as well... he sacrificed his freedom for us all!

Honestly, do you contribute to Chauvin's GoFundMe legal defense fund or something?

TheRedneck

There is only one who can judge a man's soul... right? And you have the authority to condemn him?
edit on 7-6-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I missed the part where Rosa Parks was a drug-addled woman with a history of violent criminal activity.

I missed the part where that means he should be murdered in cold blood. Rosa Parks wasn't the most saintly person either, but she was an example of the same prejudice and cruelty we are seeing today. And again, she wasn't publicly murdered.

I'm still confused about why you think Rosa Parks was a saint and Floyd deserved to die.

That is really weird.

You said he's a criminal, and therefore not worthy of the same acclaim Rosa received. He's just another black felon who got his due. That's what I read from your summarization of his character.

His character makes him no Rosa Parks.. but it also doesnt make him worthy of being murdered. Hes not a cultural icon.. but he is a victim of murder IMO, deserves justice, and should be the last man murdered by cops. Not killed.. MURDERED. Being murdered doesnt make you automatically blameless and worthy of worship or a martyr. It makes you a human being who deserves justice. No more, no less.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Oh, I read them. It's just rare that I can add anything meaningful.

I hate to break it to you, but racism will always exist. We will never reach a point where we will be completely rid of that demon. People seem to have an almost instinctive fear of anyone who is different from them in some way. I honestly believe if we could ever get to the point that all people had the same shade of skin tone, eye color, and hair type/color, some people would try to discriminate based on how long one's nose was.

What we can do... what we must do if we want to achieve the dream of America in full... is to stomp out racism where it shows its ugly face in positions of power. The law must apply equally to all, or it applies to none. I know we can do that, because I've seen society stomp out systemic racism here. Now it only lives in the shadows, afraid to come into the light.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Had the NYC cops come out when that chick walking her dog called them and treated that guy like Floyd and he had died of it, then you could maybe come closer to holding him up like you want to hold up Floyd because that would have been more the type of thing you are wanting this to be.

edit on 7-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Advantage

That is really weird.

His character makes him no Rosa Parks.. but it also doesnt make him worthy of being murdered. Hes not a cultural icon.. but he is a victim of murder IMO, deserves justice, and should be the last man murdered by cops. Not killed.. MURDERED. Being murdered doesnt make you automatically blameless and worthy of worship or a martyr. It makes you a human being who deserves justice. No more, no less.

Kneeling is not always worship. Some people can bend their pride before more than just God. And it's a symbol of more than justice, it's also the promise that violence will not beget more violence.
edit on 7-6-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

link   

That is really weird.

That's pretty unrealistic.

Until cops cease to be human beings, there will always be a few who take the violence too far.

Also there will always be a few cops who outright become criminals.

Living day after day in a violent environment as police do, some people will inevitably become affected by it to the point where they become monsters.

It's just a part of human nature. You can only live in fear so long (as many police encounter threats of death on a fully daily basis.) It will change some people.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

I think Covid was some fancy bioweapon that makes people unreasonable and weird. Its like a rage virus making people riot and burn the city down.. zombie progressives.. God thats a real nightmare.

link   

There is only one who can judge a man's soul... right? And you have the authority to condemn him?

I haven't judged his soul. A judge judged his actions.

TheRedneck

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am beginning to wonder. I will say this, never, in my life, have I ever felt WE were puppets on a string, something, is directing us in this direction. I don’t think PEOPLE are influencing where we are, but a slow position and timing degradation in how decisions are being made at this time. In a sense we are reaping what we have sown. I get the vibe thou perhaps they are now using quantum, computers to influence the future. To process all cause and effects, and learn how to manipulate the future. Scary stuff, or we can get archaic and say the devil and god are at war again.

🤷‍♂️

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

That is really weird.

Until cops cease to be human beings, there will always be a few who take the violence too far.

Living day after day in a violent environment as police do, some people will inevitably become affected by it to the point where they become monsters.

It's just a part of human nature. You can only live in fear so long (as many police encounter threats of death on a fully daily basis.) It will change some people.

But it doesnt mean we shouldnt still strive for perfection. Striving for mediocrity has gotten us where we are to a great extent.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

People hate. It's what miserable people do. If they don't hate for one reason, they will for another.

If we couldn't hate each other for looking different, we would for acting different or thinking different or praying different or eating different or for any other perceived difference.

It's just what miserable people do to help make themselves feel less miserable, more powerful, more in control.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Some people can bend their pride before more than just God.

Matthew 6:24:

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

TheRedneck

link   

That is really weird.

Kneeling is not always worship. Some people can bend their pride before more than just God. And it's a symbol of more than justice, it's also the promise that violence will not beget more violence.

Kneeling is an act of subservience.. even in the animal kingdom.

link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I haven't judged his soul. A judge judged his actions.

TheRedneck

Your comments sound very judgmental, beyond a mere criticism of his behavior. he got what he bought is what you seem to be saying.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

That is really weird.

But it doesnt mean we shouldnt still strive for perfection. Striving for mediocrity has gotten us where we are to a great extent.

Perfection is a foolish goal.

A lot of people try to be perfect, and fail to even be good.

You've got to aim for things you can actually achieve. Lower and lower rates of occurrence, sure.

But if the standard is perfection, then you're going to be burning down a city ever few months until the end of time.

a reply to: bloodymarvelous

I think Covid was some fancy bioweapon that makes people unreasonable and weird. Its like a rage virus making people riot and burn the city down.. zombie progressives.. God thats a real nightmare.

I agree.

I think it is bringing out a lot of pent up fear.

People who were afraid of leaving home because a drunk driver might crash into them.... etc. Or didn't want to use a public restroom for fear of getting aids. And didn't want to have to admit it.

Now they can admit that all those statistical threats frighten them.

In some ways, maybe it's a good thing? Lets them communicate at least.

link   

That is really weird.

Kneeling is an act of subservience.. even in the animal kingdom.

If you cling to traditional politics then I can see how you might feel like that, but contemporary culture has reinvented it.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If we couldn't hate each other for looking different, we would for acting different or thinking different or praying different or eating different or for any other perceived difference.

It's just what miserable people do to help make themselves feel less miserable, more powerful, more in control.

I just had to point out that bolded part...

Seems we have a lot of miserable people.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join